*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread *** | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread ***

he'll miss Landry. Not sure Amendola/Wilson will fill his shoes

It is funny, because as I was watching that video, I was saying to myself, though Landry is a great talent, with great a heart, Miami may not miss Landry as much if Tannehill can make the throws he was making. In fact there was a pass Tannehill threw Landry that he lead him perfectly, and after catching it, got maybe 1 or 2 more yards with only one more defensive player to beat, with one or two trailing him, after I believe a 4/5 yard throw. Well the 1st thing I thought was, here is a play that if a receiver like Wilson had gotten the chance, he probably could have gotten far more yardage.

Spoiler: Doubtful Amendola/Wilson will get close to 100 catches individually, and probably won't combined that much either...Yet they will both have a better yards per catch, while have as many or more TDs individually, which in my opinion means more TDs combined.

Expect Parker to get more throws his way, and be used more like a #1 receiver, while Still will get more throws deep, and the Gesicki/Smythe combo will be far more successful at the TE position this year, including getting the most TDs of any position combined...All due respect to Landry, If Tannehill is healthy, this Offense is not going to just be good, but great, to maybe a slight chance of being explosive.

Try this one. It's even better.

If I'm an opposing coach and I see that film I'm dang sure making Tannehill throw to his left near the goal line. Roll coverage and force him to throw across his body. Those red zone throws to his right are too easy for him. No risk.

Try this one. It's even better.

Wow!!! Pretty amazing for someone that can't throw deep according to so called experts. Those were not just deep passes by the way, those were perfectly completed passes to defensive players that were in their face, and only a perfectly placed pass would work.

I guess for most of us that know better, those deep passes are just work as usual passes from Tannehill, but as the draft on, experts could not understand how Miami did not try to get a QB early, then totally crazy with Miami not getting one at all.

I disagree that Roethlisberger can. He has been on some damn good teams. Still a great QB. All three of the QBs you listed have also had a good about of stability in the organization. Very important.

He came in as a rookie and that team went 15-1 after an injury to Tommy Maddux early in the year. I want to say it was game 1. That fully demonstrated the type of elevation he brings to the team

I want to believe but I've been disappointed and let down way too often to get my hopes up. This is a completely different group of guys than the 2016 playoff team so I dont know what to expect. At some point it starts to feel like will this team ever be good enough for Tannehill? And if it ever reaches to that point we probably would be fine with who ever at QB a la Nick Foles and Case Keenum.

Yeah, except prior to 2017 Keenum's career passer rating was in the 70s. And I'd like to see Nick Foles behind a porous offensive line. Wouldn't be pretty

He came in as a rookie and that team went 15-1 after an injury to Tommy Maddux early in the year. I want to say it was game 1. That fully demonstrated the type of elevation he brings to the team
Big Ben went 13-0 in 2004... But he didnt carry that team though, he stepped in a great situation as a rookie QB...

Steelers were 2nd in rushing offense and fielded the #1 overall defense... Their passing offense was rated 28th.

Not trying to take anything away here, but The 2004 Steelers elevated Big Ben more than the other way around...

he'll miss Landry. Not sure Amendola/Wilson will fill his shoes

wow.
Is your statement based on....
Because there is no other receiver like Landry...Landry won us so many games....Tannehill can never develop a chemistry with anyone else...

His "shoes" aren't really THAT hard to fill...he runs good routes (if he remembers them)...and does have good hands....but his "me first" attitude is not good...

adding speed and experience....a seam threat TE...a revamped OLine...and all Tannehill is going to be thinking of is how much he misses Landry???

I disagree my friend....Coach Gase has players in place now that should be able to protect Tannehill better...improve the threat of the run game and create mismatches in the receiving game for the opposing D....Our offense no longer HAS to be run through a slot receiver that almost guarantees 6-7 yds and too many 3 and outs.....I seriously doubt Tannehill will be giving a second thought regarding Landry's absence

IMO

His team as a rookie had the #1 ranked defense in both points and yards. They had the #1 ranked offense in rushing attempts, #2 in yards, and #6 in TDs. They were 32nd in passing attempts and 28th in yards. Early in his career, Pitt was a team dominated by running the ball and playing defense.

Not trying to say he isn't a great QB, but he hasn't carried that team. Here are the ranks of the Pitt passing game, running game, and defense by year (all in yards) and their record:

2004 - 28 2 1 (15-1)
2005 - 24 5 4 (11-5)
2006 - 9 10 9 (8-8)
2007 - 22 3 1 (10-6)
2008 - 17 23 1 (12-4)
2009 - 9 19 5 (9-7)
2010 - 14 11 2 (12-4)
2011 - 10 14 1 (12-4)
2012 - 14 26 1 (8-8)
2013 - 12 27 13 (8-8)
2014 - 2 16 18 (11-5)
2015 - 3 16 21 (10-6)
2016 - 5 14 12 (11-5)
2017 - 3 20 5 (13-3)

Pretty remarkable that they have had a top 10 defense for 10 of his 14 years and a top 5 defense 9 times. He has definitely become the focal point of the offense over the last 4 seasons and had become a top 5 QB, but it is still pretty hard to say a QB is carrying a team with Bell and Brown. Although, being honest, I would have guessed higher running game rankings over the last few season.

Saw this video and it was interesting to say the least, but we talk about closing the gap, this is all relative. Does this mean we beat the Patriots and win the division? Probably not. Does this mean we improve from 6-10 to 9-6? Possibly. The Dolphins might close the gap, but are we good enough to win this division and finally take down Brady and BB on a consistent basis? Only time will tell my friend.

dolphins are going to be better than 2016. they will win no less than 9. i think 11-5.

2-2 start
4-2 middle
5-1 end

Back
Top Bottom