Tannehill's Status For Tomorrow, Uncertain | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's Status For Tomorrow, Uncertain

Nobody I know wants Brock but fewer and fewer are behind Tannehill past this season.

Fixed it for you. It is what it is: a dream.

Thanks for the fix lol

It sucks that Thill has all those set backs.... he tries so hard and he is tough as nails... but even healthy he didn't prove himself a winning QB with the ability to be a difference maker.... he has had plenty of opportunity in 7 years …. he's just not "that" guy... I root for the gut... for my team... but I don't need stats to see his ceiling has been hit … to think, at 30 and after the injuries, he has a window of opportunity to get better and morph into a dynamic play maker at the key position on our offense... is indeed a dream … IMO

And everybody involved in assembling the Oline we have had over the years should rethink their expertise.... for whatever reason nobody has put together a cohesive unit that can keep our QB clean AND open holes for the run game consistently.... this I don't understand

If Tannehill is really hurt and we lose the next two it could be an Andrew Luck situation where it doesn't make sense to start him the rest of the season, especially with the back half schedule.

What? Throw in the season at 3-4 with 2 losses to NFC teams that have no tiebreaker implications? That’s nuts! I don’t think we’re some great team but Gase would never do that. 3-8, 3-9 sure but 3-4?

What? Throw in the season at 3-4 with 2 losses to NFC teams that have no tiebreaker implications? That’s nuts! I don’t think we’re some great team but Gase would never do that. 3-8, 3-9 sure but 3-4?

Yeah, Gase would just win meaningless games so we get mid-round draft picks and then waste that pick on another Harris type wannabe pass rusher

Yeah, Gase would just win meaningless games so we get mid-round draft picks and then waste that pick on another Harris type wannabe pass rusher

You’re right! They don’t think like us. They work hard and want to win no matter how bad it gets. Just the way it is.

If we get to 3-8 or 3-9 though you never know. We could play Fales and trend in the right direction. I can’t see throwing the season at 3-4 though. They need asses on the seats at least.

Right. Because every vet on the team should be cool with tanking....lol.

Tank the season deliberately and the coach loses the team, free agents avoid the team, and the fans turn off the games.

To tank a season, you have to be willing to fire everyone and yard sale your talent for a complete rebuild. Looking at this team, is that really a desirable option to you? We finally have speed on offense and a high turnover defense. This team needs to build its OL, and with that 1 move would be VASTLY improved and a contender regardless of who is slinging the rock.

Ok, that may be overstating a bit, but still, you get the point. We don’t need a rebuild.

This board will be a lot of fun this week one way or the other if Tannehill doesn't play today.

If people are happy that Tannehill is out, then they want us to lose? I don't understand this.

I think it's that people expect us to lose with the Brock Lobster.

The Dolphins, two years in a row, have such meme-able quarterbacks. First Cutler, now Brock Lobster. Kind of scares me about next year.

meme-able quarterbacks
giphy.gif

Right. Because every vet on the team should be cool with tanking....lol.

Tank the season deliberately and the coach loses the team, free agents avoid the team, and the fans turn off the games.

To tank a season, you have to be willing to fire everyone and yard sale your talent for a complete rebuild. Looking at this team, is that really a desirable option to you? We finally have speed on offense and a high turnover defense. This team needs to build its OL, and with that 1 move would be VASTLY improved and a contender regardless of who is slinging the rock.

Ok, that may be overstating a bit, but still, you get the point. We don’t need a rebuild.

We absolutely need a rebuild from the top down.

I bet the Browns finish with a better record than us. Their future looks a whole hell of a lot better than ours.

We absolutely need a rebuild from the top down.

I bet the Browns finish with a better record than us. Their future looks a whole hell of a lot better than ours.

We need a better FO for sure, but you will NEVER get that as long as Ross owns this team. Any rebuild you propose with Ross as an owner starts with a Ross selection to guide it, and he loves Tannenbaum, which should tell you everything you need to know. Rebuilds under this ownership will just mean that instead of 8-8 every year, we will be 4-12 every year. FWIW, how many of the perpetual top teams in the NFL have been through a true “rebuild”?

As to the Browns, sure their future looks better, but is it? We have only played 5 games so far and they have won 2. One of the reasons their future looks brighter is because we let them have our best player on offense too.

You lose the next two home games, NFC or not, your not
making the playoffs....so whatever after that.

Also, after those 2 we have a short week on the road.

Last edited:
I don't believe there are any on this board that dreams of Thill getting injured....

I think many on this board dream of having a QB that can make plays and win games because he is a threat to score...a play maker … a winner... Thill has the track record of not being the guy we need at the most important position on our offense.... stats aside...this guy is not a proven winner and we, as fans of the team, are over it

Win or lose Thill is our best option ( as far as we know) … that being said he is not what many dream of as a QB for our team

That is absolutely not true!

Back
Top Bottom