Ted Ginn Jr. | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn Jr.

So, the bottom 10 of the first round is to late BOOM? You're thinking 12-16?

Boomer....what do you think about the Dolphins selecting Yamon Figurs in the 6th round? He has Ginn speed but at a far less cost.

Has started and played in 11-of-12 games this season... Earned first team All-Big 12 honors as a kick/punt returner and honrable mention honors at wide receiver from the coaches... Also a first team All-Big 12 selection by the Houston Chronicle and an honorable mention choice by The Associated Press... Sat out the regular season finale at Kansas after suffering an injury against Texas... Ranks second in the Big 12 and 16th nationally in punt returns with a 12.2 average through 11 games... His 12.2 punt return average ranks ninth in K-State single-season history... Also ranks sixth on K-State’s career punt return yardage chart with 475... Has recorded the longest punt return in the Big 12 this season with his 81-yarder for a touchdown against Illinois State... K-State’s third-leading receiver with 28 catches for 418 yards and three touchdowns... Is one of 21 all-time receivers at K-State to crack 1,000 receiving yards and ranks 18th on the school career receiving yards chart with 1,144 yards.

Also ranked 10th in the league with his 81.3 all-purpose yard average in conference games... Has rushed for two touchdowns this season on just three carries... Caught a pass in 10-of-11 games and had multiple catches in nine games... Has recorded two 100-yard receiving games this season... Had a huge game against Texas with a career-high 123 yards receiving and two touchdowns... Also had a 52-yard punt return that set up another score against the Longhorns... Was named the Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Week after his performance against Texas... Scored two touchdowns, one receiving and one rushing, at Colorado... Had a key 17-yard catch on the game-winning fourth quarter drive against Oklahoma State... Caught four passes for 101 yards at Baylor, including a career-long 68-yarder... Had two catches for 24 yards and a 38-yard TD run on a reverse against Florida Atlantic... The fastest Wildcat and one of the speediest players in the Big 12 with 4.29 speed.

John Capel had Ginn speed for less price as well.

I saw Figurs play Aaron Ross, a corner I really like, off the park. I think he will have some ST impact - he's the best gunner in the draft.

So, the bottom 10 of the first round is to late BOOM? You're thinking 12-16?

Difficult to tell mate. I understand that he is pencilled in to work out on April 15th. If he's 100% and blazes a trail, then he's top 10. But not being able to work out has, unfairly, affected his stock. At this stage, if he CAN'T go, then you're looking at 15-25 I would think.

Difficult to tell mate. I understand that he is pencilled in to work out on April 15th. If he's 100% and blazes a trail, then he's top 10. But not being able to work out has, unfairly, affected his stock. At this stage, if he CAN'T go, then you're looking at 15-25 I would think.

How is it unfair? It seriously raises questions about drafting someone that high who may start the injury bug that he cannot seem to recover from.

I am not saying one way or the other that he is injury prone or whatever, but If I am investing in this team, and WR is not a real big need, with OL and QB and TE with some serious holes or questions, why on gods green earth would you take a chance on this? I do not get this for the life of me.

People write off a pure LT as a RT, and totally ignore negatives on a spindly yet fast WR when also there are many other WR's. It is totally baffling and obviously, Ginn the finheaven favorite on this board. Why I have no clue. WR's are a plenty in this league and in this draft.

How is it unfair? It seriously raises questions about drafting someone that high who may start the injury bug that he cannot seem to recover from.

I am not saying one way or the other that he is injury prone or whatever, but If I am investing in this team, and WR is not a real big need, with OL and QB and TE with some serious holes or questions, why on gods green earth would you take a chance on this? I do not get this for the life of me.

People write off a pure LT as a RT, and totally ignore negatives on a spindly yet fast WR when also there are many other WR's. It is totally baffling and obviously, Ginn the finheaven favorite on this board. Why I have no clue. WR's are a plenty in this league and in this draft.

The reason is because he is a game changer, pure and simple. This is an isolate injury incident, not a recurring one. It has been mentioned several times on this board that if Quinn is at #9, most agree we must take him. Since it is unlikely that he or Russell will be there at 9, it is in the best interest of the Dolphins, value wise, to wait until at least the #40 pick to address QB. As for OL, unless Cameron/Mueller/Houck see Levi Brown as a "Franchise LT", he is not worth a #9 pick for value reasons. There is a fairly large stock of OL in the 2nd round and even later that could have an impact that do not cost the #9 pick. While there are other WRs, the point being made is that his film shows an amazing raw talent that has the ability change the face of a game single-handedly. While you may not agree, that is your right, but his film speaks for itself.

The reason is because he is a game changer, pure and simple. This is an isolate injury incident, not a recurring one. It has been mentioned several times on this board that if Quinn is at #9, most agree we must take him. Since it is unlikely that he or Russell will be there at 9, it is in the best interest of the Dolphins, value wise, to wait until at least the #40 pick to address QB. As for OL, unless Cameron/Mueller/Houck see Levi Brown as a "Franchise LT", he is not worth a #9 pick for value reasons. There is a fairly large stock of OL in the 2nd round and even later that could have an impact that do not cost the #9 pick. While there are other WRs, the point being made is that his film shows an amazing raw talent that has the ability change the face of a game single-handedly. While you may not agree, that is your right, but his film speaks for itself.

Well said, Ginn did it on the big stage at one of the biggest programs. He would bring an element to this offense that has been missing for countless amount of years. And bring a playmaker in the return game that we have lacked for who knows how long.

It is crazy to say Ginn is better than Hester but not absurd to suggest he will be as good...

Ginn can change games with one play and with our uncertainty on offense that can be huge.

Ginn is much better than Hester because the only thing Hester can do is special teams.

John Capel had Ginn speed for less price as well.

I saw Figurs play Aaron Ross, a corner I really like, off the park. I think he will have some ST impact - he's the best gunner in the draft.

I like Ross also....and remember how figurs played with him....Figurs could be one of those "hidden" gems we hear about...but rarely see in Miami.

I like Ross also....and remember how figurs played with him....Figurs could be one of those "hidden" gems we hear about...but rarely see in Miami.

I think about that time to time... I keep figuring that sooner or later our turn will come. The threads about our crappy drafting spell out in numbers what we felt as fans. We are in Randy Muellers hands and this is his chance to shine.

I think about that time to time... I keep figuring that sooner or later our turn will come. The threads about our crappy drafting spell out in numbers what we felt as fans. We are in Randy Muellers hands and this is his chance to shine.

Crappy drafting??? You act like we didnt draft a future all pro in Jason Allen!!!!!

Oh wait, he couldnt even crack the starting lineup on one of our weaker positions??

Thanks Nick:rolleyes:

Crappy drafting??? You act like we didnt draft a future all pro in Jason Allen!!!!!

Oh wait, he couldnt even crack the starting lineup on one of our weaker positions??

Thanks Nick:rolleyes:

Nick obviously felt more comfortable w/ a perosn who's has been in the system than a rookie who came into camp late . . . and was out of football most of the previous year. It doesn't mean he won't be a good player in this league . . . he really was never givin the oppurtunity . . . and IMO when he was in . . . u definitely felt a presence back there in the form of speed and physicals . . . I am anticipating Jason Allen this year to prove the haters wrong.

Through high school and at OSU, Ginn never had an issue with injuries.

ginnhurt2-1.jpg

Anytime that happens to your ankle and foot, then you take the requisite time to rehabilitate it. There is no injury history at all, so sort of a nonstory.

Who's the pure LT that people are writing off?

Back
Top Bottom