Ted Ginn Jr. | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn Jr.

This is the same Terry Glenn that had 15-266 and 0 scores prior to that breakout junior year, his last? The same Terry Glenn that totalled just 79 catches for 1677 yards in his career at OSU? Which is 56 catches less than Ginn and 266 yards less than #7?

I mean, hell, blaming his schedule is funny. Or is that Ginn's fault as well? You also probably forgot that when OSU played Bowling Green, Ginn was one on one with a pretty damn good corner in Kenny Lewis, one of the highest recruited DB's in the state of Pennyslvania.

You probably forgot his 5-97 against Texas and his domination of Aaron Ross, a 1st round corner? Or his 8-104 against Michigan and Leon Hall, many people's number 1 corner. Perhaps you forgot Glenn's domination by Charles Woodson back in '95? Or perhaps you forgot that Glenn's season came whilst playing those 1995 heavyweights, Boston College (4-8 in 1995), Wisconsin (4-5-2 in 1995), Purdue (4-6-1 in 1995), Minnesota (3-8) in 1995, Illinois (5-5-1 in 1995), Indiana (2-9 in 1995) or Pittsburgh, (2-9 in 1995).

You may also have forgotten that Glenn's career game - 9-253 - came against those brilliant 2-9 Pitt Panthers.

My point about the Ginn/Glenn comparison is that they are similar body types, make similar moves, ran similar routes at the same stage of their careers. Yes Glenn quite rightly won the Biletnikoff, but Ginn is easily the more productive and consistent WR during their 3 years in Columbus.

What a ridiculous analogy. Is he as quick as Johnson? Yes. Will he broad jump or vertical like Johnson? Almost certainly not. Has he got the athletic feet and body control of Johnson whilst moving? Unquestionably? Has he the cutting ability of Johnson? Yes. It's better. Has he been considered for the Olympics? Yes. Has CJ? No. There are more stages of athleticism than just running a forty, broad jumping and doing a vertical.

As I said in the 1st post, watch the tapes. You'll see him breaking tackle after tackle. You'll also see him draw consistent double coverage with a safety rolling over in '06. But like I said, watch the tapes.

Ah, the old injury point. Not one injury as a collegian or a high school QB, TB, WR, CB, KR, PR. No ligament strains like Johnson, no torn meniscus like Meacham, no seperated shoulder or concussions like Jarrett, no fractured fingers or hyper-extended knees like Sidney Rice, no consistent ankle injuries like Dwayne Bowe. And that comes as a kick and punt returner. So lets dispel this injury nonsense once and for all.

Woot!

This is one of the best post I've ever seen.I love Ted Ginn anyway, but this post makes even more sense to draft him. This would make Wes Welker look like a statue out there.Please draft Ted Ginn Jr. !!!!!!!!

My dream scenerio would be to trade down into the 12+ range and still get Ginn. To me Mueller and Cam would be absolutely brillant to pull a move like that.

I wouldn't take my chances. If Ginn is still there at #9, GRAB HIM!

Just adding my two cents here.....I have no contacts and the like so this is just a football fans of over 20yrs point of view.

I dont like Ginn at #9 or really anywhere in the first round as of NOW...because I feel he has been ducking teams due to an injury,so be it teams have his game film to rate him on I get that.

Boomer your points about his ability to make the phins(any team for that matter)offense more dangerous and perhaps even explosive I agree with and thats what excites me about him.
However his true strength is as a return guy and there is my problam with taking him in the first rnd, many teams can find guys that run fast and use them in ways to open up their best WR or TE,and often times they are not taken in round one because they are not or due not project as a complete WR.
Thats why Ginn is being looked at as a bad choice as a top 10 pick he just doesnt measure up as a WR, he is first a return man who also plays WR.

If I'm wrong so be it if Im wrong and he is a dolphin great, but I feel strongly he will end up mostly a PR/KR that maybe catches 25-30 pass a year.

Tedd Ginn Jr is this year's Reggie Bush. We can NOT afford to let him go!

Just as Bush still impacted the game although he wasn't the starter, Ginn will do the same.

Ginn will be our KR/PR from day one. He will be our #3 WR and still get 10-12 touches a game. He will stretch the field. And he will have the Reggie Bush affect on the defenses when he is in the game.

Ginn Jr is "the" player that would catapult our offense back into the elite offenses.

And I am totally against drafting Brady Quinn. I'd rather get Ginn Jr and go with Culpepper(starter), Green/Carr(backup), and Lemon(3rd string) for 2007 and still get Ginn Jr.

sorry but nobody has a reason to be that optimistic about Allen.

:shakeno:

is it dolphins fans that are just absurdly impatient or is it all football fans?

these are the same people that after 2 games said ronnie brown is a bust, that after 1 year said vernon carey was a bust, and now somehow its the same for allen... when will these people learn?

is it dolphins fans that are just absurdly impatient or is it all football fans?

these are the same people that after 2 games said ronnie brown is a bust, that after 1 year said vernon carey was a bust, and now somehow its the same for allen... when will these people learn?

Most likely never. You either have common sense or you don't.

I mean come on the guy doesn't play much all year (but actually pretty well towards the end when he got some real chances) and he is a bust for his entire career. What kind of logic do some people use.

You are so right!!!

Why all of sudden the love for Ginn? Because Boomer said so? Ginn is good, but he aint no Reggie and Reggie didnt win the SB. We have far more pressing needs than to waste our top pick on some hyped up boy who runs fast. The greatest recievers arent the fastest recievers. Plus, you dont win championships on Kick Returns and Punt Returns. This thread gets a one star.:rolleyes2

I really like Ginn.But can he stay healthy enough.
I woudnt be mad if we drafted him.He is a playmaker.
If we draft him i hope he can be durable.That pick does make sense.Goo read Boomer

GO DOLPHINS......................#1 :dolphins:

:lol: there's people who call carey a bust even TODAY. really shows how clueless they are about what's happening on the football field.

This is the same Terry Glenn that had 15-266 and 0 scores prior to that breakout junior year, his last? The same Terry Glenn that totalled just 79 catches for 1677 yards in his career at OSU? Which is 56 catches less than Ginn and 266 yards less than #7?
Yes the same Terry Glenn that had 15-266 an 0 scores prior to that breakout junior year. You seem to leave out some vital details when looking at the career numbers of Glenn and Ginn at OSU. For instance, Glenn started "12" games for OSU in his career compared to Ginn started "30" games. So you are really comparing Glenn's "ONE" year to Ginn's "TWO and HALF" years. The actual career numbers:

Glenn OSU career...12 starts
72 catches 1582 yards 21.9 ypc 17 TD
Ginn OSU career...30 starts
135 catches 1943 yards 14.4 ypc 15 TD

What jumps out? Glenn's additional 7.5 ypc and 2 more TD in 18 less starts.

I mean, hell, blaming his schedule is funny. Or is that Ginn's fault as well? You also probably forgot that when OSU played Bowling Green, Ginn was one on one with a pretty damn good corner in Kenny Lewis, one of the highest recruited DB's in the state of Pennyslvania.

I didn't blame Ginn for the schedule. I merely pointed out his two best games were against lesser opponents.

You probably forgot his 5-97 against Texas and his domination of Aaron Ross, a 1st round corner? Or his 8-104 against Michigan and Leon Hall, many people's number 1 corner. Perhaps you forgot Glenn's domination by Charles Woodson back in '95? Or perhaps you forgot that Glenn's season came whilst playing those 1995 heavyweights, Boston College (4-8 in 1995), Wisconsin (4-5-2 in 1995), Purdue (4-6-1 in 1995), Minnesota (3-8) in 1995, Illinois (5-5-1 in 1995), Indiana (2-9 in 1995) or Pittsburgh, (2-9 in 1995).

You may also have forgotten that Glenn's career game - 9-253 - came against those brilliant 2-9 Pitt Panthers.
I didn't forget Ginn's 5-97 Texas game. I also remember that same game his counterpart Anthony Gonzalez put up 8-142 and 1 TD. And I remember in the year's previous championship game a guy named Jarrett that put up 10-121 and 1 TD against the same Texas team that additionally had Huff (#7 pick in draft) and Griffin (2nd round pick Vikings) in the secondary.

I also remember Jarrett's 11-205 and 2 TD game against Michigan "DOUBLING" Ginn's output in yards and TD.

My point about the Ginn/Glenn comparison is that they are similar body types, make similar moves, ran similar routes at the same stage of their careers. Yes Glenn quite rightly won the Biletnikoff, but Ginn is easily the more productive and consistent WR during their 3 years in Columbus.

Comparing a 30 game starter (Ginn) to a 12 game starter (Glenn) is a ridiculous comparison. You say Ginn was more consistent. That is simply not true. Ginn had a 4-123, 5-97, 10-122, 8-104 games mixed in with 5-33, 2-15, 7-69, 3-58, 5-72, 3-22, 5-26, 2-40 games just this past year. And you call that consistent? You take away Ginn's 4 games against N. Illinois, Texas, B. Green, Michigan and he totaled 32 catches 335 yards and 4 TD in the other 8 games...hardly the mark of consistency.

What a ridiculous analogy. Is he as quick as Johnson? Yes. Will he broad jump or vertical like Johnson? Almost certainly not. Has he got the athletic feet and body control of Johnson whilst moving? Unquestionably? Has he the cutting ability of Johnson? Yes. It's better. Has he been considered for the Olympics? Yes. Has CJ? No. There are more stages of athleticism than just running a forty, broad jumping and doing a vertical.

The ridiculous analogy was to point out the ridiculous comparison of Ginn to Johnson. Football is not an Olympic sport. There have been plenty examples of Olympic athletes (sprinters) who have attempted an NFL career with limited success. The athleticism should be looked at relative to their position. When it comes to speed, size, positioning, hands, blocking ability which all have to do with athletic ability and skill the only area Ginn stacks up well against Johnson is speed. I never said Ginn wasn't fast bc he "IS!" But that doesn't mean he is as phenomenal an athlete as Johnson relating to the position as your original post indicates.

Ah, the old injury point. Not one injury as a collegian or a high school QB, TB, WR, CB, KR, PR. No ligament strains like Johnson, no torn meniscus like Meacham, no seperated shoulder or concussions like Jarrett, no fractured fingers or hyper-extended knees like Sidney Rice, no consistent ankle injuries like Dwayne Bowe. And that comes as a kick and punt returner. So lets dispel this injury nonsense once and for all.

I am not questioning Ginn's injury history. I am questioning whether a 6' 180 lb player can stay relatively injury free in the NFL. Do you seriously think this is not a concern with every team in the NFL that is thinking about spending their 1st round pick on him? The NFL does not have many 180 lb star players.

I am not saying Ginn sucks or anything of the sort. What I am saying is that IMO his game is not worthy of being the #9 pick in the draft. Unless the Dolphins are in the position of using the #9 as a luxury pick to improve our return game which we are not.

IMO Ginn is one of those players that is easy to overrate if someone is looking at a "highlight reel" bc he is so fast that he looks spectacular on some plays. On the flip side of that is he can "disappear" for several games and be a non-factor in between those highlight reel plays.

They're profiling Ginn on PATH TO THE DRAFT on the NFL Network tonight.

Back
Top Bottom