Ted Ginn Jr. | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn Jr.

I'm all for Ginn
I was too, until I heard Cam speak. He, not once, spoke of Ginn as a wr in his speech, and that really bothers me. It really feels to me like this guy was drafted because of personal feelings, which is B-A-A-D. You dont draft a PR with the 9th pick in the draft! You dont, its not acceptable, at all. If you pick THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT, he should be a member of the elite recruits for his position, and not once was that mentioned. He is a good wideout, but is he as good as Chambers, will he be? Terrible pick....Quinn was willing to face the challenge of being our franchise qb, and we let him go for a punt returner.

;)

Thanks. And Beck was really the guy I called in my draft review a year ago, so that's cool.

Great call Boom, you really nailed that one.

Of course, Mueller and Cameron were pretty tight to the vest regarding their feelings about Quinn and Beck, so I'm sure we were all shocked at the moment of the passing on Brady Quinn.

I must say, after attending camp this weekend, and of course reading everything I could find, my initial impressions of John Beck are excellent, of course Ginn was on the Bike all day, but the other speed we added to this offense (Lorenzo Booker) impressed me with not only his speed but his "shake and bake".

I believe Beck could be starting sooner than many expect.

I was too, until I heard Cam speak. He, not once, spoke of Ginn as a wr in his speech, and that really bothers me. It really feels to me like this guy was drafted because of personal feelings, which is B-A-A-D. You dont draft a PR with the 9th pick in the draft! You dont, its not acceptable, at all. If you pick THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT, he should be a member of the elite recruits for his position, and not once was that mentioned. He is a good wideout, but is he as good as Chambers, will he be? Terrible pick....Quinn was willing to face the challenge of being our franchise qb, and we let him go for a punt returner.

Let's not forget that Mueller made the decision, not Cam!

What was impressive about Booker is despite how fast HE is, after the first mini camp day he was over with reporters talking about how he can't wait for Ted Ginn to be cleared because he wants to see his running skills in person. Said he's seen it on tv but he couldn't wait to see his speed up close. He seemed genuinely anxious, not skeptical or anything. I think players tend to know when a guy's got incredible speed.

What was impressive about Booker is despite how fast HE is, after the first mini camp day he was over with reporters talking about how he can't wait for Ted Ginn to be cleared because he wants to see his running skills in person. Said he's seen it on tv but he couldn't wait to see his speed up close. He seemed genuinely anxious, not skeptical or anything. I think players tend to know when a guy's got incredible speed.

I heard Charlie Casserly say that in his 30 years in the NFL, Ted Ginn was the second fastest player he ever timed, after Darrell Green.

They said they were gonna add speed to this offense, and they definitely did, it has the potential to be pretty scary.

He's a coach, not a PR expert, not a professionaly speaker. Could be a freudian slip? Could be just a normal slip? Could be he sees Ginn as a PR/KR first and will work on the WR part this camp so they left it out? Could be Cam was nervous as all hell and just didn't know what to say. My point being I think ESPN ran with it (but I noticed the language as soon as it was said too) and this lack of mentioning WR is being blown out of proportion because in other quotes they do mention using him as a WR. Why take one sentence instead of all of them as a whole?

Terrible pick....Quinn was willing to face the challenge of being our franchise qb, and we let him go for a punt returner.

Quinn was willing to face the challenge of being any team's QB. He was campaigning to be a top-3 pick.

I heard Charlie Casserly say that in his 30 years in the NFL, Ted Ginn was the second fastest player he ever timed, after Darrell Green.

They said they were gonna add speed to this offense, and they definitely did, it has the potential to be pretty scary.

Small but important correction. Not the second-fastest player he ever timed, but rather the second-fastest player he ever scouted.

That is actually an important distinction because, as we all know, timed speed in shorts does not always translate to the football field. He was saying that Ginn is the second-fastest player he's ever seen.

Small but important correction. Not the second-fastest player he ever timed, but rather the second-fastest player he ever scouted.

That is actually an important distinction because, as we all know, timed speed in shorts does not always translate to the football field. He was saying that Ginn is the second-fastest player he's ever seen.

Your right, when I posted that I hadn't read your thread where you seemed to quote the same source, I had heard Charlie on Sirius NFL radio and was recalling it from memory......thanks for the correction.

You right, when I posted that I hadn't read your thread where you seemed to quote the same source, I had heard Charlie on Sirius NFL radio and was recalling it from memory......thanks for the correction.

I mean we can just think about it kind of logically here...the only time Ginn has ever been timed since he was an incoming freshman in college was April 11th when he ran a 4.38 in wet conditions with a foot that was clearly only about 70%. Casserly definitely has to have come across some better times than 4.38 in his day, lol.

I still say Miami should float some rumors about Ginn's timed speed. Go off the record with some media and say they timed the guy 100% healthy at a closed practice and that he ran like a 4.09 or something completely ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom