Ted Ginn Jr. | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn Jr.

I mean we can just think about it kind of logically here...the only time Ginn has ever been timed since he was an incoming freshman in college was April 11th when he ran a 4.38 in wet conditions with a foot that was clearly only about 70%. Casserly definitely has to have come across some better times than 4.38 in his day, lol.

I still say Miami should float some rumors about Ginn's timed speed. Go off the record with some media and say they timed the guy 100% healthy at a closed practice and that he ran like a 4.09 or something completely ridiculous.

make them lay awake at night...

After watching osu play and the various highlight packages ginn is freakishly fast and quick...but also I have noticed that despite the knock on his slight frame, he's able to absorb contact and get back to full stride without too many problems-he is truly an exciting player....

make them lay awake at night...

If it sees that first opponent of ours play their safeties 18 yards off the line of scrimmage, that's one game where we can score some points on offense and allow the defense to do their job without as much pressure.

From there it may be up to Ginn to prove it on the field.

The cool thing about floating an untrue rumor like that is if the defensive coordinators don't buy it, and they play Ginn in tight man coverage, it will still be in the back of their minds (because heck, they've seen the guy's speed in the films too)...and it may only take like ONE play of confirmation for them to change their minds and start playing safeties back against Miami.

But if Miami allows all the defensive coordinators to go on thinking that Ginn is really just sort of a 4.35 kind of speed guy, which coaches actually see in the NFL on a semi-regular basis, then they're going to send man coverage to the line to jam the crap out of Ted Ginn Jr. and dare him to get off the press.

On the bright side, Miami gets to pick their poison on that one...they may just think that, even as a rookie, if that's the kind of treatment Ted Ginn Jr. gets, then he's going to catch a whole lot of deep balls and score a whole lot of touchdowns for us.

After watching osu play and the various highlight packages ginn is freakishly fast and quick...but also I have noticed that despite the knock on his slight frame, he's able to absorb contact and get back to full stride without too many problems-he is truly an exciting player....

Tremendous balance and quickness. He keeps his feet under him very well, and he's also so quick that people have a hard time getting square hits on him. If you, as a tackler, try to break down and explode through the tackle as you are taught to do, while you're breaking down, you probably just lost your chance to explode through...and you end up trying to arm tackle him.

Tell me what I'm missing here with your #! draft pick GINN IR who averaged
3.3 catches a game over his 3 year career or his 52 yards per game over that same 3 years.

How about Ginn IR and his return game
2005 in 13 games 1 punt return and 1 kickoff return for TDs
2006 in 13 games 1 punt return and 1 kickoff return for TDs

Granted in 2004 he had a phenominal year for punt returns but it seems like teams adjusted and superman GINN IR turned into just an ordinary return man.This should also be a concern since the level of play in the NFL will be so much better than what he experienced in college.Will the Dolphins be happy with 1 punt return and 1 kickoff return for touchdowns.

I think your expectations on Ginn are way to high and your just setting yourself up for a huge letdown.I can't wait to see and hear the excuses
when things don't pan out they way some of you want.

How about Ginn having no touchdowns within 20 yards of the goal line(redzone)in 3 years at Ohio or how about him being thrown to only 6 times within the redzone in 37 games.

Sorry but even though when healthy(another concern)he is freakishly fast but his production did not show it in my opinion.When you watch his highlight film your watching 3 years ago for the majority of the video.

Your team needs redzone production and with GINN IR you didn't help yourself at all.Your team has a new offense that all have agreed takes
smart experienced wideouts to make so many adjustments on the fly I find it hard to believe that any of your receivers will be able to make those adjustments since they all are terrible route runners with Booker being the best when he isn't tripping or falling over his own two feet or Chambers who has no fight or desire to go up after a pass and just manhandle the opposing player...yes Chambers will make that incredible highlight reel catch every now and then but he is so darn inconsistant and he will be GINNS on field mentor(lord have mercy on that one)

Ginn is in the process of learning how to run routes and I think everyone
would have to agree he will have trouble with Cams offense unless Cam dummies it down for him which would be smart in my opinion if you plan on getting more than that 52 yard a game average.

Good luck with your pick and I hope he has a great year just not against us and I will be here to stand by my opinions regardless.

PATRIOT REIGN

3.3 catches a game over his 3 year career or his 52 yards per game over that same 3 years.

Granted in 2004 he had a phenominal year for punt returns but it seems like teams adjusted and superman GINN IR turned into just an ordinary return man.This should also be a concern since the level of play in the NFL will be so much better than what he experienced in college.Will the Dolphins be happy with 1 punt return and 1 kickoff return for touchdowns.

I think your expectations on Ginn are way to high and your just setting yourself up for a huge letdown.I can't wait to see and hear the excuses

How about Ginn having no touchdowns within 20 yards of the goal line(redzone)in 3 years at Ohio or how about him being thrown to only 6 times within the redzone in 37 games.

Sorry but even though when healthy(another concern)he is freakishly fast but his production did not show it in my opinion.When you watch his highlight film your watching 3 years ago for the majority of the video.

Your team needs redzone production and with GINN IR you didn't help yourself at all.Your team has a new offense that all have agreed takes
smart experienced wideouts to make so many adjustments on the fly I find it hard to believe that any of your receivers will be able to make those adjustments since they all are terrible route runners with Booker being the best when he isn't tripping or falling over his own two feet or Chambers who has no fight or desire to go up after a pass and just manhandle the opposing player...yes Chambers will make that incredible highlight reel catch every now and then but he is so darn inconsistant and he will be GINNS on field mentor(lord have mercy on that one)

would have to agree he will have trouble with Cams offense unless Cam dummies it down for him which would be smart in my opinion if you plan on getting more than that 52 yard a game average.

Good luck with your pick and I hope he has a great year just not against us and I will be here to stand by my opinions regardless.

PATRIOT REIGN

Good luck with the Randy Moss "cancer" you just traded for, Pioli sold his soul to the devil, this will trigger the downfall of this regime.

because he played at ohio state, hes not gonna have huge receiving numbers... first off they have many weapons to spread the ball too, and secondly with their big leads they ran more than they passed... Ginns career numbers are similar to Santonio Holmes, eventhough Holmes was the number 1 WR for 2 years after jenkins left... while Ginn was the number 1 option only after Santonio left just last year...

Ohio St has also only produced 1 1000 yd receiving season since 2000, with Michael Jenkins getting 1076yds... i didn't even check pre-2000, so being that Ginn didn't get 1500 yrds a season shouldn't be a surprise, its the way they run their offense there...

yeah id be happy with 2 kick returns for TDs, its better than nothing, and also im sure his return average would be better which would give us much better field position... and also once teams saw how dangerous of a return man he was they had to change how they kicked to him, and covered down the field... usually resulting in shorter kicks and shorter fields for osu...

this is a lie, i can show you videos on youtube where hes got TDs in the redzone... rushing and receiving... actually just look here http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore?gid=200609160033 that one game he had 2 redzone TDs... and thats not all hes had and thats just this past season...

sure we need redzone production, but we also need an explosive player who can score from 40 yds away... and our offense last year was so hindered by mularkey, you'll see our receivers do so much better now that we'll actually try to create mismatches and ****...

Ginn is in the process of learning how to run routes and I think everyone would have to agree he will have trouble with Cams offense unless Cam dummies it down for him which would be smart in my opinion if you plan on getting more than that 52 yard a game average.
why would he have trouble learning the offense? Ginn is a smart guy, he'll have no problem with it... and you know 52 yards a game is over 800 yds, that wouldnt' be bad for a rookie receiver... and its that he wasn't asked to run many different routes at OSU, with his body control, speed, hips, etc he'll have no problem running efficient routes... especially with his old knowledge from playing corner...

PATRIOT REIGN

You realize all Ginn has to do is be on the field, and due to his game changing ability, teams have to account for him at all times, right?

Teams have to respect him in the return game, and I'll guarantee we'll have Booker and Ginn in the backfield. Let teams pick their poison, they're both capable of taking it all the way back. On the offensive side, all it'll take is one deep touchdown to completely change a defensive gameplan for opposing teams. Even if he isn't catching a tremendous amount of passes, all he has to do is make the safety come over and open things up for Chambers and Booker. It's a win/win/win for us.

You realize all Ginn has to do is be on the field, and due to his game changing ability, teams have to account for him at all times, right?

Teams have to respect him in the return game, and I'll guarantee we'll have Booker and Ginn in the backfield. Let teams pick their poison, they're both capable of taking it all the way back. On the offensive side, all it'll take is one deep touchdown to completely change a defensive gameplan for opposing teams. Even if he isn't catching a tremendous amount of passes, all he has to do is make the safety come over and open things up for Chambers and Booker. It's a win/win/win for us.

All he has to do is be on the field...What a crock of you know what!:err:

This is the NFL...GET READY FOR IT MY FRIENDS:D

Pretty soon he will be rushing and passing for TDs also because he did it
in college...while your at it play him both ways to I hear he's an incredible defensive back:shakeno:

As for Booker and Ginn being in the backfield all you have are two underacheivers who are lucky that Cam and Randy blew a gasket on draft day:sidelol:

Cant wait to destroy your secondary this year

in college...while your at it play him both ways to I hear he's an incredible defensive back:shakeno:

As for Booker and Ginn being in the backfield all you have are two underacheivers who are lucky that Cam and Randy blew a gasket on draft day:sidelol:

Yes, Ted Ginn will be rushing for touchdowns in the pros. Yes, he will take snaps from the quarterback position. Yes, he did both in college. I'm not sure he'll be throwing any touchdowns, but with Cam Cameron here I would not rule it out. Cameron's experiences with Antwaan Randle El at Indiana probably will see him thinking quite creatively about what to do with Ted Ginn. He recently called them so alike it is scary.

And yeah, by the way, Ted Ginn Jr. was the #1 rated cornerback in the nation coming out of high school. He would be a first round pick at cornerback right now, if Jim Tressel hadn't decided that using him at Flanker could see Ohio State going from a 25 point per game offense to a 36 point per game offense...which would be much more useful than even a top flight defensive back.

If Ginn moved to cornerback, yes, he could be a pro bowler at that position. He has all the movement skills of Deion Sanders.

Yes, Ted Ginn will be rushing for touchdowns in the pros. Yes, he will take snaps from the quarterback position. Yes, he did both in college. I'm not sure he'll be throwing any touchdowns, but with Cam Cameron here I would not rule it out. Cameron's experiences with Antwaan Randle El at Indiana probably will see him thinking quite creatively about what to do with Ted Ginn. He recently called them so alike it is scary.

And yeah, by the way, Ted Ginn Jr. was the #1 rated cornerback in the nation coming out of high school. He would be a first round pick at cornerback right now, if Jim Tressel hadn't decided that using him at Flanker could see Ohio State going from a 25 point per game offense to a 36 point per game offense...which would be much more useful than even a top flight defensive back.

If Ginn moved to cornerback, yes, he could be a pro bowler at that position. He has all the movement skills of Deion Sanders.

am i the only person that thinks he got :0wned:...come on anybody? it was funny

Keep clicking your heels together and telling yourself Ginns going to struggle Dorothy...it just might work if you cross your fingers too.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Ginn play. He fits the profile of exactly the kind of athlete I believe is most likely to make immediate impact.

Sure, his technical skills are raw...but his physical skills are superior to most everyone in the league. It is those physical skills that allow you to come out quickly in the NFL. Every rookie has miles to go in the technical skills area.

Should be entertaining watching the Patriots receiver corp, made up of a selfish Randy Moss who is a cancer and quits on too many plays, and injury prone Donte Stallworth, our little over-achiever Wes Welker.

When did the Patsies get impatient and abandon the proven method of building a team with your own players?

But, you'll never get to our secondary because Brady will be looking up at Jason Taylor and Joey Porter from the ground.:wink:

Should be entertaining watching the Patriots receiver corp, made up of a selfish Randy Moss who is a cancer and quits on too many plays, and injury prone Donte Stallworth, our little over-achiever Wes Welker.

When did the Patsies get impatient and abandon the proven method of building a team with your own players?

But, you'll never get to our secondary because Brady will be looking up at Jason Taylor and Joey Porter from the ground.:wink:
No Kidding the Pats have never been able to consistently keep brady upright against our front 7 now we add another threat opposite JT who already owns Matt Lyte should be a lot of fun for FinFans to watch.

Back
Top Bottom