Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

I look at it this way, the chances of him having a good season with this group is remote. Teddy could do more damage to his name playing on this team for a year.....IMO, he is thinking long term and Miami ain't it.

Tear ...

images.jpeg

I don't know if we know that is what was actually offered here, we'll not know until the details of what we put to him are ever released. I find it hard to imagine any QB would give up a starting chance for a clipboard holder job with no assurances that the starting job was going to fall to him anytime soon. Brees shows zero signs of slowing down tbh. That's why I think we probably gave him no assurances about starting which is worrying or positive. Worrying because it may mean we offered him the job to compete with Tannehill, or positive in that we may have offered him the role to compete with a top draft pick.

The Dolphins have made clear they are going after a top college prospect... not surprising Bridgewater chose replacing the 40 year old Brees in a year or two... where he is already settled... with an established winning crew.

We don't know the details. For all we know maybe we offered him one million more? If that's the case then he's better off staying there with a top team instead of coming here and getting beat up with a bad O-line in front of him. Again, we don't know the details but we shouldn't assume that the money difference was real big and he turned us down anyway. He's been hurt before and Tanny was hurt for the last 3 years in a row playing behind our O-line.

I'd roll with the practice squad QB's. Let them play with the ones and see what happens. if they play lights out then we keep them, if we suck we get a high draft pick. lets not complicate this FO

I'd bet he looked at how many time Tanny got blasted and sacked and realize the Saints are a much better team. Considering his injury and the Saints are still in the window for a ring I don't blame Teddy at all.

I don't believe the reports Miami made an offer. Bridgewater's reps IMO used Miami to get something more out of NO.

I don't believe the reports Miami made an offer. Bridgewater's reps IMO used Miami to get something more out of NO.

Ian Rapoport on NFLN said an hour ago with this deal broke that Miami had interest but never made an offer.

If true..I am already losing faith in Grier.

I look at it this way, the chances of him having a good season with this group is remote. Teddy could do more damage to his name playing on this team for a year.....IMO, he is thinking long term and Miami ain't it.
That’s not how these guys think. They are all alpha males and they believe that they can win everywhere. They believe if given a chance they will prove their worth and get a big payday, regardless of the circumstances. If we had offered him more money and the starting QB position or the chance to compete for it, he would have taken it.

TB must still be hurt if he is happy being backup. brees don't look like he is slowing down no time soon. it doesn't sound like we are trying tank. that good news.

That’s not how these guys think. They are all alpha males and they believe that they can win everywhere. They believe if given a chance they will prove their worth and get a big payday, regardless of the circumstances. If we had offered him more money and the starting QB position or the chance to compete for it, he would have taken it.
I believe this train of thought.

Miami native Teddy Bridgewater is opting to stay in New Orleans.

Bridgewater, an unrestricted free-agent quarterback, is expected to re-sign with the Saints on Wednesday after declining a two-year, $10 million offer from the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday, according to a league source.

Bridgewater, a former Miami Northwestern High standout, believes he can continue to improve under Saints coach Sean Payton and eventually succeed quarterback Drew Brees as the future Saints starter.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...olphins-teddy-bridgewater-20190312-story.html

Miami native Teddy Bridgewater is opting to stay in New Orleans.

Bridgewater, an unrestricted free-agent quarterback, is expected to re-sign with the Saints on Wednesday after declining a two-year, $10 million offer from the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday, according to a league source.

Bridgewater, a former Miami Northwestern High standout, believes he can continue to improve under Saints coach Sean Payton and eventually succeed quarterback Drew Brees as the future Saints starter.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...olphins-teddy-bridgewater-20190312-story.html
Wow, if that's all we offered him then I don't think we really wanted him. 5 mill a year is nothing for a starting QB

Back
Top Bottom