Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks

I'll say this, no back in the league faces loaded boxes like Derrick Henry. He carried the ball 244 times last year against 8+ defenders in the box - 80 times more than the next closest, Dalvin Cook. Henry averaged over 5 yards/carry against those loaded boxes, 4.4 of those coming after contact.

Henry continues to run against loaded boxes, which opens up the passing game off play action for Tannehill. The passing game isn't setting up the run in Tennessee no matter who the QB is. It's the opposite. The switch from Mariota to Tannehill helped the entire Titans offense, but it didn't really change what Henry is doing.

Great job last week to win that game from the Wildcat package too - after running for 200+ against a loaded box.

The only place I've seen where Derrick Henry isn't quite getting the credit he's deserved is on this site by a certain cult. I'll make sure he gets it here too though.

Jesus wept. It's Groundhog Day. Another thread, another Tannehill debate.

Move. On.

What a trade though, this one is working out to be. Please keep losing Houston! Hopefully the next coach bump will be over after this game.

I'll say this, no back in the league faces loaded boxes like Derrick Henry. He carried the ball 244 times last year against 8+ defenders in the box - 80 times more than the next closest, Dalvin Cook. Henry averaged over 5 yards/carry against those loaded boxes, 4.4 of those coming after contact.

Henry continues to run against loaded boxes, which opens up the passing game off play action for Tannehill. The passing game isn't setting up the run in Tennessee no matter who the QB is. It's the opposite. The switch from Mariota to Tannehill helped the entire Titans offense, but it didn't really change what Henry is doing.

Great job last week to win that game from the Wildcat package too - after running for 200+ against a loaded box.

The only place I've seen where Derrick Henry isn't quite getting the credit he's deserved is on this site by a certain cult. I'll make sure he gets it here too though.

easy killer he had one 95 yard run. Tanny took em down all 2 minute for a fade clock running ice td with 4 seconds left to tie it. No Henry in that at all. Executed on 3rd down in the pass game all game long. Straight lethal in the red zone all season long in the pass game carrying over from last year.

easy killer he had one 95 yard run. Tanny took em down all 2 minute for a fade clock running ice td with 4 seconds left to tie it. No Henry in that at all. Executed on 3rd down in the pass game all game long. Straight lethal in the red zone all season long in the pass game carrying over from last year.

He had already run for 100 before the 94 yard run. As if the 94 yard run when the Titans were losing to give them the lead itself isn't spectacular enough.

Henry took Tannehill's little swing pass in overtime 50 yards and then finished off the Texans from the Wildcat.

I've said this before, but I'm taking Derrick Henry.

Lewan tearing his ACL is going to hurt that Titans running game for sure.

Easy to see that MAN is the Titan!

Almost a freak show... Doing what he's doing in this era of football.

Thill couldn't be in a better situation with that kind of epic earth-mover!

Pretty sure that makes playing QB a helluva lot easier!

:lol:

He had already run for 100 before the 94 yard run. As if the 94 yard run when the Titans were losing to give them the lead itself isn't spectacular enough.

Henry took Tannehill's little swing pass in overtime 50 yards and then finished off the Texans from the Wildcat.

I've said this before, but I'm taking Derrick Henry.

that’s fine take who you want. But tannehills got a 116 qb rating since taking over the starting gig in Tennessee with 35 tds and 7 ints and 5 more rushing tds this season and is tied for the highest win percentage during that time in the league from a qb stand point.

it ain’t all Derrick Henry. Far from it. But they did lose Lewan for the year and I’m sure that’s gonna impact some things.

that’s fine take who you want. But tannehills got a 116 qb rating since taking over the starting gig in Tennessee with 35 tds and 7 ints and 5 more rushing tds this season and is tied for the highest win percentage during that time in the league from a qb stand point.

it ain’t all Derrick Henry. Far from it. But they did lose Lewan for the year and I’m sure that’s gonna impact some things.

It's not all Derrick Henry, and nobody said that - as opposed to the Tannyfanny's. However, Henry is the one doing the heavy lifting.

Tannehill is playing well. But like I said last year, it all stops when Henry finally runs out of gas. And it did. They're only going as far as Henry can take 'em.

Henry is used to carrying teams to championships. He's done it before. It's what he does. He's trying his best to carry Tannehill to one.

Over/under the week when they shut Watson down because of a "hamstring" injury?

At a certain point they need to put him in the fridge for long term.
Which is what a team with their first and second round pick would consider doing, not having those picks REALLY puts them in a bind.

They are playing for an earlier third round pick? That's brutal.

If ever a franchise needed W's more than draft seeding, it's this one. They are screwed long term. The lack of talent won't be a 2020 problem. It will be a 2021-2025 problem.

Laremy Tunsil said it best upon seeing the offer Houston made for him: "I'd trade me for that too".

Texans remaining schedule

GB @ Houston
Houston @ Jax
Houston @ Cle
NE @ Houston
Houston @ Det
Indy @ Houston
Houston @ Chicago
Houston @ Indy
Cincy @ Houston
Tennessee @ Houston

Jaguars and Cincy games appear to be the two easiest right now but you never know how Joe Burrow will have the Bengals playing by seasons end. They could split with Indy, they could sweep Indy or Indy might sweep them. Logically you'd assume a split is likely.

Despite the 5-1 record, Chicago isn't scary so I'm hoping the Bears are still battling for the playoffs.

Cleveland and New England should handle business. Detroit is right there with Chicago where you just don't trust them.

That last game might be a problem if Tennessee has nothing to play for but we should be ok with Pittsburgh also 5-0 and KC at 5-1. I'll be rooting for KC, Pitt and Tennessee the rest of the season, minus our 12/13 matchup at home against KC.

I previously had stated gun to my head I think they go 5-11, now I am starting to think 5-11 is best case scenario for them.

The crazy thing though is all the teams with 1 win. That's why I am paying such close attention to the strength of schedule. The fact that Jacksonville and Indy aren't good either will more than counteract Tennessee's perfect record.

Back
Top Bottom