That Was Pass Interference | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That Was Pass Interference

You call it what you want, I can’t take it seriously anymore because we really don’t know what pass interference is anymore and it’s the most inconsistent penalty called in the history of sports. It’s actually beyond a joke at this point.

Thank god for that flag!

I'm over winning these meaningless games. It's reminding me too much of that Sparano (RIP) year.

It was actually funny watching Flores so irate, he wont be so mad when we aren't picking behind the Jets.

it was, but man the booth calling down on plays like that kills the game imo. ive seen it in several games

Agree with every one of your points. The point about saving Gase's job is hugely important for us. The Jets are going nowhere with Gase and Darnold running the show there, look at the team we had out there at the end, no way we should have been even close to them.

I think in that situation even if the pass was complete it would have been a maybe an 8 yard gain. Give them the complete, not the game. It was 3rd and 17. Make it a spot foul and give the yardage earned by the completion. 4th and 9 or what ever. The jets got too big of a reward for a bang bang call. Figure out a way to make teams earn it.

Pay back is a bitch...

We got the call go our way with Burgess' s PI...

I thought the whole rules change was for egregiously wrong calls. That was too close to over turn. NFL is becoming more corrupt each year
Bingo. And there was obvious a different rule of thumb for the first ten weeks of the year.

This was a ridiculous rule to begin with and E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y knew it was.

To answer OP:

1. It is something that usually gets called for interference.
2. It wasn't.
3. Upon getting reviewed, the rule changes to egregious contact.
4. The contact was not egregious.

Yet now in week 11, it's apparent that the NFL has changed their view on it.....that's blatantly obvious. This is the NFL getting directing a change midstream.

While the Dolphins/Jets is a meaningless game, the implications of what the NFL is doing in terms of their rules is not.

Since the game thread discussion was closed, and it's a hot topic, get your hot takes in here.

My thoughts:

1. It was clearly pass interference that should have been flagged.
2. The NFL was correct to flag it for review.
3. The NFL was correct to overturn the lousy officiating on the field.
4. The Jets' win helps Miami significantly in terms of draft position, but more importantly...
5. I think this makes it much more likely that Adam Gase returns as Jets head coach in 2020.

Pretty happy with the outcome. Sam Darnold stunk up the joint like a bum for 60 minutes, the Jets clearly suck and got outplayed overall (IMO), but Miami got the all-important loss in the standings and reaps the double benefit of a division rival now being less likely to fire its boob of a coach.
The narrative certainly fits the agenda you have been whining about all year long, this review just highlights the exact reason I was against this rule change from the start. There is no consistency on these reviews from call to call and there is zero consistency on plays they choose to overrule vs. ones they let go. You could just as easily argue that this shouldn't have been overturned at all due to previously reviewed plays that stayed earlier in the year.

At the end of the day this rule change has opened one big gigantic can of worms. It will have some sort of unintended consiquence in the playoffs this year, that I promise you.

The narrative certainly fits the agenda you have been whining about all year long, this review just highlights the exact reason I was against this rule change from the start. There is no consistency on these reviews from call to call and there is zero consistency on plays they choose to overrule vs. ones they let go. You could just as easily argue that this shouldn't have been overturned at all due to previously reviewed plays that stayed earlier in the year.

At the end of the day this rule change has opened one big gigantic can of worms. It will have some sort of unintended consiquence in the playoffs this year, that I promise you.
Or intended consequences in the playoffs. I don't trust the NFL to do the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom