The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 153 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

FaninPatsyLand said:
He's been up for a week now.

His first major league at-bat was against the Angels last Tuesday.
I came back to this thread because I just saw in the box score that he played last night. I've been in Marlyand for the past week and these west coast games kill me (actually the Sox themselves have been killing me)...not to mention Finkle is supposed to keep me updated on his status.

Finkle :shakeno:

Rocky Raccoon said:
I came back to this thread because I just saw in the box score that he played last night. I've been in Marlyand for the past week and these west coast games kill me (actually the Sox themselves have been killing me)...not to mention Finkle is supposed to keep me updated on his status.

Finkle :shakeno:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Don't blame me because you dropped the ball, ROCKY BUCKNER!

Finfan86 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2565280

looks like wells is pretty much on his way out.

He should be. Not because he did anything wrong. But the guy isn't going to be back with the team next year so you might as well get something for him. It's too bad the Sox didn't trade him to the Dodgers during ST for Jonathan Broxton, like the rumor going around was at the time.

2 back to back solid starts by Beckett even if he won't get the W (although you can't fault him for the line up on the field). You can see he's a different pitcher than his last month and a half. He's pitching more instead of throwing.

I'm confident that he'll be able to pitch in the AL.

No word yet whether Wells has been traded.

Rumor is: According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the Red Sox and Padres are nearing an agreement on a David Wells trade.

The Red Sox are targeting George Kottaras, which would be an excellent return if they could pull it off. Kottaras certainly doesn't rank with Matt Kemp, who isn't going to be unavailable, but he is a top-100 prospect.

Hopefully this happens, not that I know anything about Kottaras but because you might as well get something for the guy.

Can this year just be over yet?

According to the Boston Herald, Jon Lester has been undergoing an array of exams in Boston for internal medical issues, including cancer.

Now it's past the point at which even we can joke about Boston's injury situation. The Red Sox can't discuss it, but Lester was diagnosed with enlarged lymph nodes, according to the Herald's sources. Such a symptom can be caused by an array of issues, from infections to cancer. The Red Sox had hoped his upper back issues were a minor problem caused by a recent car accident.

Hopefully this is nothing. A 22 year old kid should not have to have cancer. Thoughts and prayers are with him.

Ray Finkle said:
Can this year just be over yet?

According to the Boston Herald, Jon Lester has been undergoing an array of exams in Boston for internal medical issues, including cancer.

Now it's past the point at which even we can joke about Boston's injury situation. The Red Sox can't discuss it, but Lester was diagnosed with enlarged lymph nodes, according to the Herald's sources. Such a symptom can be caused by an array of issues, from infections to cancer. The Red Sox had hoped his upper back issues were a minor problem caused by a recent car accident.

Hopefully this is nothing. A 22 year old kid should not have to have cancer. Thoughts and prayers are with him.

That's just awful..

Hopefully everything works out for him.

The Sox have really gone into the toilet....hadn't checked the standings in a while. :D

Roman529 said:
The Sox have really gone into the toilet....hadn't checked the standings in a while. :D

The season ended yesterday for the Red Sox, granted they were out of it for weeks before. Whatever happens between now and Oct for the Sox doesn't matter to me. What matters is the long term health for both Ortiz and Lester, not just baseball wise but everyday wise for them.

Just an update on the Wells situation...

CBS Sportsline said:
BOSTON -- David Wells was scratched from his scheduled start Thursday night amid indications that the Boston Red Sox were close to trading the left-hander to a contender.
Wells' locker was nearly empty and four cartons were stacked in front of it before the game against the Toronto Blue Jays. Reliever Julian Tavarez was picked to start in his place.

There is a 12 PM deadline tonight for any contender that wants to trade for him. It needs to be done by midnight or he cannot be added to a postseason roster.

Glad to see we'll get some kind of return on his services, cause he won't be back here next year anyway.

Back
Top Bottom