The 2006 Tampa Bay Devil Rays Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Tampa Bay Devil Rays Thread

Ray Finkle said:
Red Sox were playing the Rays yesterday and Julian Taveras was pitching and hit Joey Gatheright. Later in the inning, Joey was running home and Taveras was covering the plate Joey spiked Taveras so Taveras got mad and punched him right in the face. Here are some pictures:

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/BDD_jt_fight_3.27.jpg

Here's a blog from Edes on the fight:
"Gathright placed his hand on Tavarez's left knee and attempted to push it away, at which point Tavarez ****ed his right fist. Gathright was still on one knee when Tavarez threw a roundhouse right, catching Gathright in the area of his chin and knocking his batting helmet off. Tavarez can then be seen pulling back his arm and throwing another punch, which appeared to glance off Gathright's shoulder... "-- Gordon Edes, Extra Bases

My opinion is that Taveras is a first class headcase and idioit. Stupid thing to do even if he is on my team.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

look at how he punched him!!!!!!!!! :sidelol:

what a *****!

Nappy Roots said:

what a *****!

The first picture he looks like a fruit cake. The 2nd picture he at least looks kind of bad ***.

Nappy Roots said:

what a *****!

It's too bad the picture can't play the almost certain girly squeal he made when he punched/closed fisted slapped Gathright.

There is talk right now that the Rays and Mets are talking a trade. swapping Lugo and Heilman straight up. Heilman can help us in the pen, but im not sure he wants to be there. Also, im not a fan of his as a starter.

BJ Upton is clearly ready to be our starting SS IMO, but Lugo is a huge part of this team, im not sure i would trade him for a 27 year old reliever, that has had 1 good year, doesnt want to be a reliever, and throws 2 pitches.

Nappy Roots said:
There is talk right now that the Rays and Mets are talking a trade. swapping Lugo and Heilman straight up. Heilman can help us in the pen, but im not sure he wants to be there. Also, im not a fan of his as a starter.

BJ Upton is clearly ready to be our starting SS IMO, but Lugo is a huge part of this team, im not sure i would trade him for a 27 year old reliever, that has had 1 good year, doesnt want to be a reliever, and throws 2 pitches.

Agreed Nappy. Let's send Lugo for something better.

culpepper2chambers said:
i have scott kazmir or w/e on my fantasy he do good

He's gonna be our opening day starter and he's the best pitcher on our team. The day the Mets traded him to us for Victor Zambrano was one of the top ten happiest days of my life!

Kazmir:hump:

:mdfin:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OPENING DAY!!!!!

here is the devilrays.com probably lineup.

1. SS Julio Lugo
2. L FCarl Crawford
3. 2B Jorge Cantu
4. 3B Aubrey Huff
5. DH Jonny Gomes
6. 1B Travis Lee
7. C Toby Hall
8. RF Damon Hollin
9. CF Joey Gathright
P Scott Kazmir

personally my lineup would look like this.

1. Lugo
2. Gathright
3. Crawford
4. Cantu
5. Gomes
6. Huff
7. Lee
8. Hall
9. Hollins

i'm gonna miss opening day. stupid job!

anyway i hope rocco and burroughs get healthy soon..

yea it sucks. Kazmir gave up 3 jacks. was getting deep in every count. i think it was some opening day jitters, i hope at least.

Lugo also got hurt, hopefully he will be OK.

Nappy Roots said:
yea it sucks. Kazmir gave up 3 jacks. was getting deep in every count. i think it was some opening day jitters, i hope at least.

Lugo also got hurt, hopefully he will be OK.

Dang. All around bad day. :boohoo:

Maybe Upton will shine now.

Back
Top Bottom