*** The Bills-Phins post game rant/discussion *** | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** The Bills-Phins post game rant/discussion ***

Agree.

I have made multiple critical posts of Tua today (after defending him all season long). But I acknowledge he is not a finished product at this point. Unfair to label him a bust but he did not do us any favors today in relation to clarity on which direction to go in April.

As for the result.

I believed in our coaches and D.

I believed the D would travel and the recently improved running game would provide a comfort level for Tua.

I was wrong.
Yeah, today was tough. I was trying to go into the game feeling like "no matter what were on the right path" attitude. But once we started falling behind, I realized how bad I wanted the playoffs. But I try to remind myself this is tear one of the current rebuild. Hopefully we do it right this time.

Yeah, today was tough. I was trying to go into the game feeling like "no matter what were on the right path" attitude. But once we started falling behind, I realized how bad I wanted the playoffs. But I try to remind myself this is tear one of the current rebuild. Hopefully we do it right this time.
"tear one"......that there folks is what's known as a Freudian slip.

Aaron Rodgers 10/10 with 3td at the half

Buffalo fans can GTFO with the Josh Allen MVP nonsense 🤣🤣🤣

I mean, I think anyone with common sense can say things seem to be trending positively. Especially with the draft capital (even though Grier scares the f outta me).

But the reality is - just like you are saying...

How many regimes had us "going in the right direction"?

"In _____ I trust"

Saban, Sparano, Philbin, Gase etc.

There is no guarantee things will progress differently this time around as the rebuild enter the next phase.

But one thing that is guaranteed is that we wont be winning a playoff game this season.

Hard to continue to stomach the empty promises and hope when the results never seem to change.

It's painfully obvious that this team still in the rebuilding process. This game was the ultimate evidence of this. It was not lost by one person or one group everyone involved stank! Dolphins need to take this in and regroup. Hoping the draft brings in the remaining talent to make this team a playoff contender for the future.

Tuas gonna have to start beating folks and defenses with his mind cause his physical gifts are never gonna do it at this level.
I really thought his awareness, instincts and accuracy would translate in a big way.

And then when I saw what he scored on the Wonderlic that became my primary concern.

He does have football acumen. And the Wonderlic is not always a good barometer.

And I was still 100% behind drafting him over Herbert.

But "the ask" of him winning with the IQ.

Oh man, scary waters to enter.

I am having some second thoughts on if he will ever be able to quickly diagnose these more advanced NFL schemes and make proper decisions.

And he has left plays on the field every single week when watching the tape. A crucial one being the rub route on 3rd and goal against KC when we really needed it. Which has made me question how well he actually does see the field.

I mean Vegas minimally played around with the pre-snap S looks and he had not idea where to go with the ball.

I really thought his awareness, instincts and accuracy would translate in a big way.

And then when I saw what he scored on the Wonderlic that became my primary concern.

He does have football acumen. And the Wonderlic is not always a good barometer.

And I was still 100% behind drafting him over Herbert.

But "the ask" of him winning with the IQ.

Oh man, scary waters to enter.

I am having some second thoughts on if he will ever be able to quickly diagnose these more advanced NFL schemes and make proper decisions.

And he has left plays on the field every single week when watching the tape. A crucial one being the rub route on 3rd and goal against KC when we really needed it. Which has made me question how well he actually does see the field.

I mean Vegas minimally played around with the pre-snap S looks and he had not idea where to go with the ball.

it’s still early but next year needs to me a massive uptick in his play. Like I want to see his process beating defenses.

Aaron Rodgers 10/10 with 3td at the half

Buffalo fans can GTFO with the Josh Allen MVP nonsense 🤣🤣🤣
Obviously Rogers, Mahomes, and Wilson are all better than Allen at this time but I have no doubt the Bills fans are extremely happy to have one of the top 5 QB’s in the NFL. Because at this time and the way he has played, there aren’t many better QB’s than Allen.

I mean, I think anyone with common sense can say things seem to be trending positively. Especially with the draft capital (even though Grier scares the f outta me).

But the reality is - just like you are saying...

How many regimes had us "going in the right direction"?

"In _____ I trust"

Saban, Sparano, Philbin, Gase etc.

There is no guarantee things will progress differently this time around as the rebuild enter the next phase.

But one thing that is guaranteed is that we wont be winning a playoff game this season.

Hard to continue to stomach the empty promises and hope when the results never seem to change.
Fair enough. But I just feel this rebuild is different. It feels different to me. I dont exactly know why, it just does. Thats not an argument saying that its going to turn out, its just how I feel.

Here's the bottom line. Miami isn't as good as Buffalo. In fact, the Bills may give KC a run for its money.

Personally, I think Buffalo is the second best team in football, but they have been very impressive down the stretch. Wouldn't be surprised if they won the super bowl.

The Dolphins coaching staff pushed all the right buttons this year. The team is on an upswing.

We can look back at the Denver game. A team Miami should have won, or we can look ahead at what could be a bright future.

I sure as heck didn't expect a season like this. Miami finishing 10-6, in the running until the final game. Wow, what a year for our team!

Last edited:
it’s still early but next year needs to me a massive uptick in his play. Like I want to see his process beating defenses.
Better OC will help. And yes, not a finished product.

But I will repeat and I think we even agreed on this in another thread.

He did the franchise and himself absolutely zero favors today with potentially having some clarity heading into the draft.

If anything, he muddled the waters significantly.

I would have rather red shirted him and lived and died by the FitzMagic this season.

That way we would have still have had our perceived "future" at QB and the optimism that would come with it.

Now we have an unknown and added stress on this ever so crucial draft.

Fair enough. But I just feel this rebuild is different. It feels different to me. I dont exactly know why, it just does. Thats not an argument saying that its going to turn out, its just how I feel.
I felt that way as well prior to today.

Big blemish to overcome.

Hope you are right brother.

Obviously Rogers, Mahomes, and Wilson are all better than Allen at this time but I have no doubt the Bills fans are extremely happy to have one of the top 5 QB’s in the NFL. Because at this time and the way he has played, there aren’t many better QB’s than Allen.

Allen is not a top 5 quarterback yet, he is in top 10

Back
Top Bottom