*** The Bills-Phins post game rant/discussion *** | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** The Bills-Phins post game rant/discussion ***

I don’t understand how anyone could look forward to the off-season while other teams are still playing.

I don't want to hear about flores as a good coach from here on out. Today was a failure of leadership at so many levels. It's one thing to lose but having 56 dropped on you in the biggest game of the year is awful, awful coaching.

All the work flores did means nothing after that. I don't want to hear about the great defense, or the offense needs more weapons. We got flat out embarrassed by a team that was going through the motions in the second half.

Right now flores shouldn't be considered a good coach by Amy standard. Losing like that should raise more questions about his ability to be a good coach. Between the outdated philosophy and the mismanagement of the offense ender his watch will be questions we need answers to next year
This is the worst overreaction I have ever seen. He may not win coach of the year after the blow out, but he has done a very good job this year.

I don't want to watch him fail. I want someone else. He hasn't shown the promise I want to see. That does not make me a bad Dolphin fan, to want a better talent for my team, and I am offended by the implication, coming from a mod.
This is what I want. I want competition. I’m not buying into a QB and waiting for him to get better. We have tried that. I’m bringing in competition and the best QB wins. Dolphins first, above any player.

I don’t understand how anyone could look forward to the off-season while other teams are still playing.
I tried to argue that midseason, but people considered getting Tua experience more important to the team than making the playoffs....

It was a better season than I would have predicted. There are obvious holes and a lack of depth on this roster that need to be addressed. The biggest disappointment for me is the QB position is still not settled. We have to invest draft capital to secure another QB. Sucks even more when the guy picked behind you looks the part of an NFL QB and you are still a big ?

I saw that if Colts lose to the Jaguars, Dolphins will get in the playoffs but that is not going to happen so it has been a great season!

C'mon guys, we should have lost last week. We are one year away, people don't like to hear it but it is a fact, future looks good, rest easy

I would have been ok with losing had we been competitive and shown some fight.
I agree completely.

I told myself only 500+ times this week that there was no way Flo would not have the boys ready to give it our best shot.

W or L. I "knew" Flo would push the right buttons and have them motivated and energized.

I was wrong.

Fields.

Plenty of capital to move about the board if we need to.

Mack jones is not even the 3rd QB, so leading assumption with no merit.

Blind leading the blind...

no Fields. See what tua can do with an off-season and spend some draft picks on some talent. We have the worst receiving corps in the league. Fire Chan Gailey and get someone who will have some confidence to let your young qb throw the ball. Can’t win with any young we if all you do is throw screens to tight ends.

Offseason should be fun. I think free agency is going to be more interesting than many think. I knew this was going to happen today and was prepared. My doomsday parlay helped ease the pain.

I tried to argue that midseason, but people considered getting Tua experience more important to the team than making the playoffs....
Flo shared this sentiment as well.

And Flo failed us....

But everyones love him cause he got mad at the Bengals....

We won more games than expected, but to me I'm very uncomfortable with our QB situation. I really don't mind if I end up wrong, but Tua wasn't my preference in the draft.
I was one of those individuals who was worried about Tua before the draft because of his hip injury and the other injuries he had at Alabama. I had also pointed out in some of my comments that he didn’t always play at a high level when going against top defenses in college. He also played on an offense with first round talent throughout the offense while at Alabama.

While I certainly had reservations about drafting Tua, I had no problem when they used the fifth pick in the draft to take Tua. They didn’t have to move up to draft him which would have cost them additional draft picks. Tua this year was forced to play in an offense with a below average running game and behind a young OL that was not very effective in pass blocking and a group of WR’s in which most of them should have been practice squad players at best.

While I might have questioned drafting Tua prior to the 2020 draft, I am certainly not going to give up on him now. They need to build a better offense around him before anyone can decide if he is the future for them or not. You put him on the Bills with their WR’s and their OL and he would have a lot more success than he has with the Dolphins offensive talent, IMO.

Drafting another QB in the first round makes no sense when there is so little talent on that side of the ball at this time. Draft a top WR and RB and use cap money to add another top WR. Use some of the 2nd and 3rd round picks to continue to add talent to the OL and the defense. If Tua doesn’t show improvement over the next couple of years with better talent around him then look to bring in another QB. Right now though it is far too early to fairly judge Tua when you consider the limited talent he has been forced to play with on offense this season.

Back
Top Bottom