The Bucs Game is Not Unwinnable | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bucs Game is Not Unwinnable

You never know. Every year, a team has that game where they upset someone.

Having said that, we will need some first downs if we hope to win and right now they are real hard to come by.

Finally, as Brady doesn’t make a lot of mistakes, our takeaway streak may be in jeopardy.
Both Bucs running backs are pretty careless with the ball. And Brady is still prone to a strip sack every now and then...especially if you get in his head.

I’m seriously stunned at how many here think we have even a small chance in this game. I see people pointing to their secondary being hurt and the fact they’re coming off a big emotional win...

That emotional win was only for Brady. The rest of the Bucs don’t care about any of that it was just another game for them. So what they’re missing nearly the entire secondary. Have any of you seen our passing game the last 3 weeks? Lol I get homerism and I know we always want to talk ourselves into why we could win a game like this but y’all.... it’s not happening and it’s going to be over after the 1st quarter. TB and Brady will use this as a “get right” game for themselves. Their isn’t a single position group on our team that threatens TB in any way.

I saw a stat today that teams have attempted more pure running plays against us than any other team in the league and now here comes Fournette and Jones. They will absolutely run over through around and by us with no problems. They will pound us up the gut and Fournette will straight up punish our defense. We have 2 chances in this game... slim and none.

The thing about this is people will spend all week convincing themselves why we can win this game and after the game Sunday the same people will be in here complaining about how we got blowed out 38-7. Please don’t do this to yourselves Fin nation. Please don’t talk yourself into us having even the slightest of chances. It’s going to be ugly and it’s going to be ugly really quick.

Fins are not winning straight up against TB... They'll need the variance gods to help them but that would involve them playing in such a way I just dont see Flores going for. Flores wants to keep games close at all cost, and a variance approach involves making sure you either flip 5 heads in a row and score a shitload of points of completely wiff and get blown out. I just dont see Flores going for that.

I’m seriously stunned at how many here think we have even a small chance in this game. I see people pointing to their secondary being hurt and the fact they’re coming off a big emotional win...

That emotional win was only for Brady. The rest of the Bucs don’t care about any of that it was just another game for them. So what they’re missing nearly the entire secondary. Have any of you seen our passing game the last 3 weeks? Lol I get homerism and I know we always want to talk ourselves into why we could win a game like this but y’all.... it’s not happening and it’s going to be over after the 1st quarter. TB and Brady will use this as a “get right” game for themselves. Their isn’t a single position group on our team that threatens TB in any way.

I saw a stat today that teams have attempted more pure running plays against us than any other team in the league and now here comes Fournette and Jones. They will absolutely run over through around and by us with no problems. They will pound us up the gut and Fournette will straight up punish our defense. We have 2 chances in this game... slim and none.

The thing about this is people will spend all week convincing themselves why we can win this game and after the game Sunday the same people will be in here complaining about how we got blowed out 38-7. Please don’t do this to yourselves Fin nation. Please don’t talk yourself into us having even the slightest of chances. It’s going to be ugly and it’s going to be ugly really quick.
You accuse people of homerism but then talk about the fact that no position group on our team can threatens TB, yet we have Jaylen Waddle and DVP going against a secondary that will have PS players. I'm not that worried about Fournette and Jones when 1/2 the time their coach doesn't want to give them the ball because they are in a competition to see who can fumble or drop the most screen passes that end up in defender's hands.

Like, TB is a better team, but you've probably drafted the most negative prediction of the game possible while trying to convince others that their points of view are unrealistic.

I'll give us a 0.5% chance of winning this game.

Love the positivity but until I go blind and deaf I know the result.

I’m rooting for us to win, but I wouldn’t bet any amount of money that mattered to me on it.

I'll give us a 0.5% chance of winning this game.

math-math-checks-out.gif

We always give Brady a tough game so who knows.

Would love a win vs Tampa to start a long winning streak and salvage the season
I was thinking along the same lines. Big, emotional win for Tampa Bay against New England. Maybe they overlook a Miami team that is struggling.

The Patriots did a terrific job of defending Brady. Maybe the Dolphins can do the same.

I will say, Miami is due to make some big plays.

You accuse people of homerism but then talk about the fact that no position group on our team can threatens TB, yet we have Jaylen Waddle and DVP going against a secondary that will have PS players. I'm not that worried about Fournette and Jones when 1/2 the time their coach doesn't want to give them the ball because they are in a competition to see who can fumble or drop the most screen passes that end up in defender's hands.

Like, TB is a better team, but you've probably drafted the most negative prediction of the game possible while trying to convince others that their points of view are unrealistic.
First I never accused anyone of homerism... I said I understand and why we as fans want to be that way. Second yeah we have Waddle who’s averaging like 5 yards/catch and DVP who gets maybe 1 target/quarter. I’m not down on those 2 but they happen to play WR. What does a WR need to get him the ball? A QB!! We have checkdown Charlie behind center which renders both Waddle and DVP ineffective.

Fournette/Jones will get the ball this week bc TB knows what every other team knows and especially after they watch the film... Miami can’t stop the run especially between the tackles and it just so happens Fournette is one of the better between the tackle runners in the league. They were even talking last night about Arians and Leftwich know that Fournette/Jones need to get the ball more and they’ll make a concerted effort to do just that this week coming.

Last I’m not trying to convince that viewpoints are unrealistic. I’m trying to not let everyone get their hopes up only for them to be dashed 15 minutes into the game.

I'm as down on the team as anyone...I've never been convinced by Flores and it seems like everyone else is on that bandwagon right now. The offense has been garbage under Brissett and the co-offensive coordinators have worked as well as expected (not worked). And the defense has played like the defense actually has always played versus QB's without glaring flaws, which is not anywhere close to shutdown level. So it would seem like we've got no shot against the defending champions, right?

Wrong.

This Bucs team we are facing is far from the team they were last year at the moment. And it should be noted that, as good as they played in the playoffs, they weren't division winners last year. But right now, they are really, really hurting, and on top of that they are coming off a very emotional and very hotly contested victory on the road against New England. Their entire secondary depth chart is almost out. There are gonna be practice squad players or street free agents. Gronk should be out, and while he's not the physical player he was years ago, he basically is some of the glue that holds everything together. Brady is extremely reliant on him in key situations, especially the red zone, and Brady still doesn't have that superb chemistry with the other receivers that you might think he would. Gio should be out, and while they've got two talented backs in Fournette and Jones, Fournette is inconsistent as hell and blows a ton of plays, while Ronald Jones is treated by Arians about as well as Lamar Miller was treated by Philbin. But the one thing we're forgetting is....

Tom Brady. Yeah, the GOAT. We have gotten some epic blowouts from him for sure. And we have also inexplicably beaten him an extraordinary number of times with a variety of teams that had no business doing so. This team here is in a rut and the offensive coaching sucks, but overall we're definitely not really worse than some of the other teams we've beat Brady with. And this isn't just the Dolphins v. Brady...Flores used to be his assistant HC. He knows the guy as well. We beat him once with Flores. Yeah, Bellichek facing him didn't result in a win, but in a game with a rookie QB making his 4th start, Brady wasn't the most productive passer of the day. And if BB hadn't lost his nerve in going for 4th and 3, NE more likely than not wins that game.

1-4 is not a given. I'll still be watching on Sunday, expecting that it will either be a 40-10 blowout, or that we go toe to toe with Brady and maybe dial up those one or two plays we've always seemed to make against him to come out on top.
🤣🤣🤣. Cmon man. I am a half full glass kinda guy but we are going to get embarrassed by the bucs. The winless colts just beat us. 50-3 and thats with brady sitting out the 4th. 3 points because well thats what we do

I'm just gonna throw this out there, the Bucs defense is not playing impressive football. They've been gashed for a lot of yards and points, and two of the teams they have played are Atlanta and New England, both of which have offenses that have otherwise looked pretty impotent.

I think there is an opportunity to score points on Tampa if they open it up a little and play with nothing to lose.
Yea but qe don't have an nfl caliber qb to throw the ball

our guys know we're not in the same class. i expect them to roll over after a couple quick three and outs. maybe we hang for a couple quarters, but this team does not have 4 quarters of good football in it.

been a while since I watched a dolphin offense make me feel like a 3rd 6 might as well be 3rd and 36.
Exactly. They will hold up in the first quarter but we will look up and it will 17-3 midway second quarter then the dam will break..penalties, late hit, false start. We have seen this movie before. We are done

Back
Top Bottom