The Coaching Is Worse On Which Side Of The Ball?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Coaching Is Worse On Which Side Of The Ball??

pjzabo

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
That game was unwatchable in so many different ways. I hate to admit it but I was kinda hoping for a loss to hasten the necessary purge in our coaching ranks. And I never do that, a fan for 40+ years I always want the Phins to win.

I really vacillate between thinking the coaching on offense is worse or the coaching on defense is worse. Interested to hear thoughts here. They are both awful but which is the bigger problem??

On the defensive side - ZERO pressure, no plan to stop Allen from putting up 200 yds rushing, blown coverage in the secondary EVERYWHERE.

On the offensive side - the complete lack of discipline in the trenches, the long ball after Howard's second interception when we should have grinded the clock with a controlled drive, the utterly embarrassing wildcat on 3rd and short at the end - etc etc.

I know the answer it going to be "they both suck, sack everyone and start with the owner". But if you have to pick one side that is worse with the cards (players) they have been dealt at this point in the season, which is it? It feels to me almost like they actually make each other worse. The offense NEVER lifts the defense, and they should be producing more but when the defense has a relatively easy stop when we need it SO SO bad, you know they are gonna choke up the joint.

I vote offense. Alot of timesthe defense has been doing a solid job holding team under 20, and then offense craps the bed so hard they just put the defense in bad spots. Yes the defense has issues.

Damned tough question. Different aspects of a coach's duties are awful on both sides. Play calling and inability to make rational time / position / game management decisions on O; inability to devise a way to negate an opponent's strength on D. Really extreme deficiencies on both sides of the ledger.

My opinion will be very unpopular.

The defense is god awful and it is due to coaching more than the players.

The offense is god awful and it is due to a lack of players. The play calling is hamstrung by the lack of blocking. The opposing d only has to cover 10 yards on 95% of the plays. The play call doesn’t matter. If the ball isn’t out in 2.5 seconds, it’s a sack.

That's like a Waitress asking.......

"Would You Like Coke or Pepsi"?

I'm not a corn syrup water drinker myself, but come on, dude.

Pepsi is clearly an offshoot of the government's MKULTRA experiments. Trying to prove that you can exert influence over a human mind by using marketing techniques to convince people that Pepsi tastes better than Coke. Or motor oil.

It’s a push right now I think the problem is you have 2 coordinators one of them just happens to do more press conferences than the other.

My opinion will be very unpopular.

The defense is god awful and it is due to coaching more than the players.

The offense is god awful and it is due to a lack of players. The play calling is hamstrung by the lack of blocking. The opposing d only has to cover 10 yards on 95% of the plays. The play call doesn’t matter. If the ball isn’t out in 2.5 seconds, it’s a sack.

I think there are personnel deficiencies on both sides of the ball but I agree that the offense has more personnel issues right now. Quarterback's shoulder is busted, offensive line is a hot mess, and wide receivers dropping like flies.

With that said, the personnel on offense is... on the head coach. This is the OL group Gase wanted. This is the tight ends group Gase wanted. This is the receiving corps Gase wanted.

Overall the defense has had a lot more big plays than the offense which is meh.

I really can't say which is worse right now. Sad thing for us Dolphins fans is that they both suck which is unacceptable.

I don't know which is worse, but when your opponent is at their own two yard line and you only rush four and your guys are leaving a receiver wide open, it's just bad. Bring the blitz. So many things can happen when a QB is passing for his own endzone.

I'm not a corn syrup water drinker myself, but come on, dude.

Pepsi is clearly an offshoot of the government's MKULTRA experiments. Trying to prove that you can exert influence over a human mind by using marketing techniques to convince people that Pepsi tastes better than Coke. Or motor oil.
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

I'd say the defense because they really should be a lot better. Burke is in way over his head. He's not qualified to be a DC. I don't like Gase and his play calling, but he does call occasional good plays that aren't executed. Plus there's a lot of injuries and the O-line sucks. Gase is responsible for these guys though. This is the TE group, WR core, and O-line that he wanted.

Overall, it's a mess everywhere. Rizzi is really the only competent coach.

Back
Top Bottom