The Coaching Is Worse On Which Side Of The Ball?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Coaching Is Worse On Which Side Of The Ball??

With that said, the personnel on offense is... on the head coach. This is the OL group Gase wanted. This is the tight ends group Gase wanted. This is the receiving corps Gase wanted.

I can’t fault him on the WRs so much. Wilson and Grant are outliers in terms of injuries this year. Amendola, you called that when he was signed.

TEs... I don’t think Gase uses them well regardless of who is there. TEs are for killing the seam. This horizontal offense (not as much today) has no need for a TE.

The OL is a different story. That is what is limiting the offense. If Gase hand picked the old, injured men to rely on, then he deserves to look inept. At this point, Asiata needs his shot. Larson is a mess in both phases. Maybe Asiata can do something in the running game

The offense is worse. The defense is far from great but they get lots of turnovers and we seldom score after them. I really feel safety is a big issue for the Dolphins. Sometimes I wonder if Rashaad Jones knows the defense at all.

We need Dola and Swansen next Sunday. We need to throw the kitchen sink at NE to have a chance. BB was very irked about losing in Miami last year. He’s going to have that team out for blood. I give us virtually no chance but Gase better has something up his sleeve.

I'm more disappointed with the Offense than the Defense. Some of the young defensive rookie players like Minkah Fitzpatrick, Raekwon McMillan, Jerome Baker, etc make some errors but are learning from the experience. People here on FH freak out when any of them make an error but I have no doubt that they will all improve.

Our Offense is definitely worse, we actually generate turnovers on defense.

For all the problems the D has had they still have the impressive turnover stat they can hang their hat on. The offense has done literally nothing of value this year. The offense is a far bigger problem.

There are playoff teams with worse defenses than us. None of them have a worse offense though.

Offense is worse. Defense has bailed us out a hell of a lot more than the offense.

We scored 16 a game with Cutler, we are at 18 this year. It's down right comical that anyone wants to give Gase another year.

Both sides have their issues with alignment and play calling. But 1st and foremost Strength and conditioning suck. It doesn't seem like either side can play a full 60 min. And we have players dropping like flies. I say whoever is supposed to be keeping these guys ready to play ball isn't doing their job.

Offense by far as they're supposed to be putting points on the board for this defense to protect.
The silver lining is that we're scoring touchdowns with very few possessions, bad news is that dumb errors and bad play are stopping us from extending drives.
Our pass rush is also woefully bad and when they inevitably don't get pressure there's regularly wide open receivers down the field.

The defense.

Way more "talent" on that side of the ball and for them to be that bad with a corner that plays as well as X is playing shouldn't be that bad, especially when the other corner is allowing the lowest passer rating in the NFL.

It’s easy for me: the offense. Consider that the D is on the field for a ton more plays most games than the offense because the offense can’t move the ball consistently at all. Our D, for as much as they give up a ton of yards, they do get a lot of takeaways and keep the opponents points scored manageable in most games somehow. The offense is just absolutely putrid. I think yesterday was the 4th game or so where we only passed for 100-199 yards. And we have not run well at all either. The offense is so sickly it is worse by a wide “9” margin :)

My opinion will be very unpopular.

The defense is god awful and it is due to coaching more than the players.

The offense is god awful and it is due to a lack of players. The play calling is hamstrung by the lack of blocking. The opposing d only has to cover 10 yards on 95% of the plays. The play call doesn’t matter. If the ball isn’t out in 2.5 seconds, it’s a sack.
Idk man... theres is still talent on offense. On defense we have mediocre DT's at best, lbs who cant cover anybody ever, safeties who cant cover the entire defense is bad at tackling. But yes we have an elite talent at cb and a rising star(we hope) in Fitzpatrick to go along with an aging but still good DE in wake.

I'm surprised so many people are saying the Offense.
Hell, can anyone name the major injuries we've had on Defense? Especially in comparison to the offense.
I'll wait!

Tank? C.Allen? Haynes?

Heck, Here's the same question another way. If we didn't lose most of our offensive players. Along the OL, Some of the receivers AND the QB.

Is the offense the same? Worst? or Better at this point in the season?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom