The Coaching Is Worse On Which Side Of The Ball?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Coaching Is Worse On Which Side Of The Ball??

I agree that the offense has been really gutted by injuries more so than the defense. At this point in the season Burke has more to work with than Gase. I think with Burke it's just a horrendous scheme to start with and terrible game planning. With Gase it's not having any feel for the in game stuff (like at all) in his play calling and not developing a rhythm on offense. I accept planning and calling around your deficiencies but it goes well beyond that with Gase. And I guess in the end - the way the offense and defense seem to actually hurt each other rather than compliment each other when they really need to points straight at the head coach. I used to be in the Gase "fair excuse" camp but I'm through with that, despite the injuries. When all is said and done we should be 8-4, plain and simple and even if we were, we wouldn't be competing for anything. But thinking more about it, at least 2-3 losses are on the offensive coaching side of the game, underachievement on defense aside.

I think the offense is worse. The guards are supposedly not important in Guase's eyes, but they sure are hampering the offense for not being important.

Both are horrible! Today was a meaningless win that hurt us in the draft. Gase and Burke both need to be fired. Everyone in the front office needs to be fired!

Defense, Put Greg Williams or Rex Ryan in as coach and you would see one helluva difference. Burke is CLUELESS!!!!

coaching is bad on both sides but the roster is bad too but the FO sucks......other than that we're in great shape

If the offense was consistently good, we could score on a lot of the turnovers the defense and special teams seem to provide each week. Plus it will give the D more time to rest, not going 3 and out all the time.

coaching is bad on both sides but the roster is bad too but the FO sucks......other than that we're in great shape

We'd probably like the FO better if they could run this team like normal instead of having to get rid of most of the best players on the roster because Gase can't handle them.

My opinion will be very unpopular.

The defense is god awful and it is due to coaching more than the players.

The offense is god awful and it is due to a lack of players. The play calling is hamstrung by the lack of blocking. The opposing d only has to cover 10 yards on 95% of the plays. The play call doesn’t matter. If the ball isn’t out in 2.5 seconds, it’s a sack.

This is the closest to the truth. Injuries to the oline has really hurt this team. I still feel we are going in the right direction. Draft well next year CB, DT, DE, OL, QB 2018, and 2019. make a decision on Burke at the end of the year.

I think there are personnel deficiencies on both sides of the ball but I agree that the offense has more personnel issues right now. Quarterback's shoulder is busted, offensive line is a hot mess, and wide receivers dropping like flies.

With that said, the personnel on offense is... on the head coach. This is the OL group Gase wanted. This is the tight ends group Gase wanted. This is the receiving corps Gase wanted.

Even if that were true, it doesn't address the question (is offensive or defensive coaching worse).

Tunsil, Sitton, Kilgore, Davis, James was the O line Gase wanted (what did they play together, one half?).

AJ Derby, Marqueis Gray, Mike Gesicki, Durham Smythe was the TE group Gase wanted (played zero together).

Albert Wilson, Jakeem Grant, Danny Amendola, Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker was the receiver group Gase wanted (we're down to Isaiah Ford and Brice Butler running around out there).

I understand you think it's all on Gase that we don't have starting caliber backups three deep all across the roster (despite the fact that we have a GM that does that sort of thing), but even if it was Gase's responsibility, it isn't realistic to think that kind of depth is even possible.

Every time we have a series with aggressive midrange darts over the middle from Tannehill I assume it will be the staple the remainder of the game. Nope. We strangely go away from it.

I give Gase credit for one thing today: He got away from the sideways reliance, and that was very smart against Buffalo. Divisional opponents are more familiar and prepared for those pass plays to begin with, and the Bills wipe them out as a rule. If we had a top notch announcing team today they would have mentioned that.

McMillan either needs to lose weight or regain speed. He is a lumbering liability right now. Today I thought that really stood out in comparison to recent games.

Offense. Not only is the PPG anemic the Head Coach/OC consumes himself on the bench with his play sheets while the defense is on the field.

My opinion will be very unpopular.

The defense is god awful and it is due to coaching more than the players.

The offense is god awful and it is due to a lack of players. The play calling is hamstrung by the lack of blocking. The opposing d only has to cover 10 yards on 95% of the plays. The play call doesn’t matter. If the ball isn’t out in 2.5 seconds, it’s a sack.
So true, if they don’t upgrade the center and guards this offseason it won’t matter who the qb or rbs are or receivers are,

Back
Top Bottom