The Corner Has Been Turned | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Corner Has Been Turned

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In one balmy California afternoon, the Nick Saban era of the Miami Dolphins officially began and the corner has been turned. There was a palpable feeling coming from these Dolphins this past Sunday. The attitude, pride, and determination to not let this year slip away like last year was clearly evident.

Saban's master stroke of bringing Linehan down from the crow's nest to the sideline was a major statement that Saban needed to turn away from his beloved defense and spend quality time with Scott Linehan. This was an effort to bond and bring the offense together, not for Saban to spew a little testosterone and bang his chest. The Dolphins beleaguered offense needed a group hug and got it. Even rising stars like Linehan need a little love.

Youngsters such as Crowder, Pope, Daniels, Hadnot and others made the rite of passage from potential to NFL player. When a superstar and leader like Zach Thomas can smile from the sidelines because his young proteges were opening up a can of whupass on the veteran Raiders, in their house no less, you know this team is growing up before our eyes.

The stench from the Wanny-Speilboy era was slowly released on this autumn day in Northern California replaced by the vibrant tone of hope and resiliency demonstrated by a team that would not be denied victory. Our boys became men this day, in my opinion, and the once proud Miami Dolphins have returned. There will be dark moments ahead, to be sure, but I believe the Nick Saban era has arrived and other NFL teams should be afraid, very afraid.

Nice :rofl3: We can take our second step, tearing up the Bills on Sunday :D

As I read this I heard in my mind the NFL Films voice guy. However, let's wait and see if Saban can achieve what he has been preaching about all year: a team that can play with consistency.

Wow............. Is that poetry? I agree that this could be the begining of good things but I dont think we are quite out of the woods yet. I also agree that bringing Scott to the sidlines was a good idea as well.

It is a nice post - but it was one game. And similar things were said after the whoopin' we put on the Broncos in game 1.

I thought this way after the Broncos game..and the Carolina game..that being said, I agree with you in that I honestly feel this whole season has been different. Our record is not a lot different from last year, but the team has been exciting to watch. Except for the Cleveland game we have been in every game this year, and we have (generally) followed up defeats with strong efforts. I think the players have gradually become believers, too..it makes me proud to be a DolFan again!!

Trust me guys, the corner has been turned. Saban and Linehan have finally bonded and are now in sync. Does that mean they still need more growing time...sure, but they are on the same page and will grow together now.

We won this game after we were absolutely humiliated and even Saban appeared to be giving up on the season. The Raider victory was about heart and attitude. We could have easily caved, but Pope, Crowder, Daniels and others stepped up and would not be denied.

The Dolphins are back and you will see continued improvement. Don't go by the W-L record just yet, that will take a little time, but the culture of this team has changed and the Wanny era is finally behind us. The Dolphins are back.

Yeah, nice piece there. We'll see if it's applicable at the end of the season.

The Saban era actually begun when Saban said he would coach the Fins.

FinFan57 said:
In one balmy California afternoon, the Nick Saban era of the Miami Dolphins officially began and the corner has been turned. There was a palpable feeling coming from these Dolphins this past Sunday. The attitude, pride, and determination to not let this year slip away like last year was clearly evident.

Saban's master stroke of bringing Linehan down from the crow's nest to the sideline was a major statement that Saban needed to turn away from his beloved defense and spend quality time with Scott Linehan. This was an effort to bond and bring the offense together, not for Saban to spew a little testosterone and bang his chest. The Dolphins beleaguered offense needed a group hug and got it. Even rising stars like Linehan need a little love.

Youngsters such as Crowder, Pope, Daniels, Hadnot and others made the rite of passage from potential to NFL player. When a superstar and leader like Zach Thomas can smile from the sidelines because his young proteges were opening up a can of whupass on the veteran Raiders, in their house no less, you know this team is growing up before our eyes.

The stench from the Wanny-Speilboy era was slowly released on this autumn day in Northern California replaced by the vibrant tone of hope and resiliency demonstrated by a team that would not be denied victory. Our boys became men this day, in my opinion, and the once proud Miami Dolphins have returned. There will be dark moments ahead, to be sure, but I believe the Nick Saban era has arrived and other NFL teams should be afraid, very afraid.

Nice post, but I think you are pouring it on a bit thick here.
:)

nice post, i think your right but we have to wait and see if we can beet buffalo

Back
Top Bottom