The Corner Has Been Turned | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Corner Has Been Turned

Dude that was great

FinFan57 said:
In one balmy California afternoon, the Nick Saban era of the Miami Dolphins officially began and the corner has been turned. There was a palpable feeling coming from these Dolphins this past Sunday. The attitude, pride, and determination to not let this year slip away like last year was clearly evident.

Saban's master stroke of bringing Linehan down from the crow's nest to the sideline was a major statement that Saban needed to turn away from his beloved defense and spend quality time with Scott Linehan. This was an effort to bond and bring the offense together, not for Saban to spew a little testosterone and bang his chest. The Dolphins beleaguered offense needed a group hug and got it. Even rising stars like Linehan need a little love.

Youngsters such as Crowder, Pope, Daniels, Hadnot and others made the rite of passage from potential to NFL player. When a superstar and leader like Zach Thomas can smile from the sidelines because his young proteges were opening up a can of whupass on the veteran Raiders, in their house no less, you know this team is growing up before our eyes.

The stench from the Wanny-Speilboy era was slowly released on this autumn day in Northern California replaced by the vibrant tone of hope and resiliency demonstrated by a team that would not be denied victory. Our boys became men this day, in my opinion, and the once proud Miami Dolphins have returned. There will be dark moments ahead, to be sure, but I believe the Nick Saban era has arrived and other NFL teams should be afraid, very afraid.

I would love to post that on my website. Would you mind?

Thanks,
Mike

Yeah, the corner's been turn after with won 1 game in a row....lol I hope is true but they've let us down so many times that I'm gonna wait till we put together 2 good games in a row before I proclaim us a dynasty.

Ozzy rules!!

You did pour it on a little thick, yes, but I think we all see the reason for optimism after last week.

But you can also understand it if we need to see a little consistency (not necessarily all victories) the rest of the season before we totally get on board with this. The first step would be a nice win over Buffa-Low Sunday.

But Hell-yeah, I'm excited over what we may be the next three seasons!

:bandwagon

nice post. made me feel all goody inside.

I agree that it says a lot that we could come back and have this kind of performance after the Cleveland game but I would still say we need more consistency before I consider any corners turned.

If we beat Buffalo and actually win 2 games in a row I think you might be right. But until we can start stringing a few victories together I don't think we can claim to have turned the corner. However, with that being said I think you might be right and this Oakland game will be seen as a pivitol moment in the rebirth of the beloved Dolphins.

Hey, PhinFan57...

You're a HOMER!

Turned the corner because we beat Da Raidaz???

What is their record? One game? Do you remember the beginning of the season?

I bet you thought we were going to the Super Bowl.

On one hand you homers say that Saban needs a few years to turn the team around, get his style of players in, weed out the Wanny stench, yada yada...

and in the same breath start fantasizing about playoffs and "turning the corner'.

Who has unrealistic expectations? Homers like you or realists?

News flash pal...Dolphins are 4-7, and came from 2-1. No real improvement across the board except for the offensive line.

It was just a week ago that everyone was saying players quit! Now we've turned the corner?!!

What a difference a week makes.

phinfreak said:
You're a HOMER!

On one hand you homers say that Saban needs a few years to turn the team around, get his style of players in, weed out the Wanny stench, yada yada...

and in the same breath start fantasizing about playoffs and "turning the corner'.

News flash pal...Dolphins are 4-7, and came from 2-1. No real improvement across the board except for the offensive line.

It was just a week ago that everyone was saying players quit! Now we've turned the corner?!!

They are looking for you back at billszone.

Turned the corner? What flavor Kool-Aid are we drinking here?

phinfreak said:
You're a HOMER!

....and of course someone had to ruin it. :shakeno:

phinfreak said:
You're a HOMER!

It was long on the flowers and gushy-mushy, but he's a fan of his team; what's the problem with that? Or are you one of those "fans" who lives for the "I told you so" after a loss?

I hate to be the ball breaker here, but all i'm seeing in this is inconsistancy. We can beat the Raiders, the Broncos, and the Panthers, but not the Jets, Browns, Bills?

Until we string some wins together I can't pat this team on the back no matter how much I loved beating Oakland. Oakland was a team in our league, people are talking like we just beat the Pats of last year all over again. I refuse to consider that these guys have grown up as a team until they win more consistantly. As in, winning the games your suppsed to win.

You don't beat teams like Denver, and Carolina, and then go on to get shut out by Cleveland, it just doesn't make sense, but the Dolphins managed to pull it off.

MtnFinFan said:
As I read this I heard in my mind the NFL Films voice guy. However, let's wait and see if Saban can achieve what he has been preaching about all year: a team that can play with consistency.

Ah-men brotha'.... :shout:

"You don't beat teams like Denver, and Carolina, and then go on to get shut out by Cleveland, it just doesn't make sense, but the Dolphins managed to pull it off."

Very good point....I like the post but can we beat a division opponent 1st...can we get through one game without a turnover (I think we have league leading 20 + games in a row with one)...can we win two games in a row....that Cleveland loss hurt bad...as much crap as we talk about that team, they have smacked us around the last few games we played them.

Back
Top Bottom