The Corner Has Been Turned | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Corner Has Been Turned

I feel like that every time we win... But we haven't won 2 in a row yet. So if we win this week then I agree wih u... But I hope u r right. And bringing Linehan down to the side line was a great move.

Fins 31 Bills 13!!!!!!!!

Turning the corner doesn't mean that we will be undefeated the next 2 years. It simply means that the coaching staff has come together, the attitude has changed, and Saban's teaching and personality is finally settling in with this group. As I stated, "there will be dark days ahead," but there was a palpable sense during the game and after that the culture of this team has changed and things are heading in the right direction.

I had the same feeling just before Shula crashed and 2 years ago when Wanny lost the team. I, for one, believes Ricky's early retirement was just icing on the cake, not the primary reason the team went sliding down the hole.

In the same way, I felt the positive vibes from this team and a desire to not be denied against a veteran team with superstars like Randy Moss 3000 miles from home. This was a moral victory and we will be looking back on this day as a turning point.

dolphan117 said:
Wow............. Is that poetry? I agree that this could be the begining of good things but I dont think we are quite out of the woods yet. I also agree that bringing Scott to the sidlines was a good idea as well.

That happened right after he took him to the "treeline".

FinFan57 said:
In one balmy California afternoon, the Nick Saban era of the Miami Dolphins officially began and the corner has been turned. There was a palpable feeling coming from these Dolphins this past Sunday. The attitude, pride, and determination to not let this year slip away like last year was clearly evident.

Saban's master stroke of bringing Linehan down from the crow's nest to the sideline was a major statement that Saban needed to turn away from his beloved defense and spend quality time with Scott Linehan. This was an effort to bond and bring the offense together, not for Saban to spew a little testosterone and bang his chest. The Dolphins beleaguered offense needed a group hug and got it. Even rising stars like Linehan need a little love.

Youngsters such as Crowder, Pope, Daniels, Hadnot and others made the rite of passage from potential to NFL player. When a superstar and leader like Zach Thomas can smile from the sidelines because his young proteges were opening up a can of whupass on the veteran Raiders, in their house no less, you know this team is growing up before our eyes.

The stench from the Wanny-Speilboy era was slowly released on this autumn day in Northern California replaced by the vibrant tone of hope and resiliency demonstrated by a team that would not be denied victory. Our boys became men this day, in my opinion, and the once proud Miami Dolphins have returned. There will be dark moments ahead, to be sure, but I believe the Nick Saban era has arrived and other NFL teams should be afraid, very afraid.

Very nice, you had me welling up.

Beautiful .......Just absolutely Beautiful................ My sentiments exactly. If we feel this way can you imagine how the players are feeling.

Vengence on the Jills coming very soon.......... Then the Jets and the Phats.......

I like where we are headed also, Saban was a great choice for the job. The chickenlittles on here that blast him after every mistake and throw Ronnie and the young players under the bus after every mistake just cant see the forest for the trees.

In one balmy California afternoon, the Nick Saban era of the Miami Dolphins officially began and the corner has been turned. There was a palpable feeling coming from these Dolphins this past Sunday. The attitude, pride, and determination to not let this year slip away like last year was clearly evident.

I like ur post dude, but dont you think the pride was there last year toward the end of the season. When Bates was in charge I couldn't fault the team, and to be fair to Wanny everybody had lost faith in him. I thought we made strides toward the end of last season, especially the O line. So with saban coming in I didn't expect much early, but because of the Denver game everybody's expectations went up. The truth is even if everyone plays well we still need help in a lot of areas before we are SB contenders. I have watched the Colts recently and they have beaten class teams easily of late. When we have a team to beat them then I will know we are capable of winning the big one. :)

themole said:
That happened right after he took him to the "treeline".

You know I wondered what all went into the move to the sidlines as well. Saban said that Scott wanted to do it but you never know.

I'll feel tingly after the next 2 games... Buffalo is going to be tough... division games are battles...the AFC east has some of the best rivalries in the football.
Consistency.
Consistency.
That was the message in his "turning the corner" comment. Do it consistently.
It's great to know we can compete.... But to do it every play.. every series.. every quarter.. every situation of every game...Put teams away we should.... Finish games better....
Thats when we turn the corner.

Back
Top Bottom