The Corner Has Been Turned | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Corner Has Been Turned

Good Point 54. The Dolphins did play hard for Jim Bates, but unfortunately there was no corner to turn, just pride. We are a team again and the Nicktator clearly has us moving in the right direction. It wasn't so much that we won Sunday, it was how we won. The attitude is different....the confidence is building....the swagger is coming back.

I really think that Nick bringing Linehan down on the sidelines was huge. The players raved about having Linehan downstairs and I think the offense, which had been blown away the week before, feels a little closer and more part of the overall team.

Sometimes you just know. Like the first time you saw your girlfriend or wife...you just know it is right. I know Sunday was right. Our beloved Dolphins are back and you will see. Yes, there will be some major bumps in the road, but we're at least in the right car headed down the right road.....we'll get there.

FinFan57 said:
In one balmy California afternoon, the Nick Saban era of the Miami Dolphins officially began and the corner has been turned. There was a palpable feeling coming from these Dolphins this past Sunday. The attitude, pride, and determination to not let this year slip away like last year was clearly evident.

Saban's master stroke of bringing Linehan down from the crow's nest to the sideline was a major statement that Saban needed to turn away from his beloved defense and spend quality time with Scott Linehan. This was an effort to bond and bring the offense together, not for Saban to spew a little testosterone and bang his chest. The Dolphins beleaguered offense needed a group hug and got it. Even rising stars like Linehan need a little love.

Youngsters such as Crowder, Pope, Daniels, Hadnot and others made the rite of passage from potential to NFL player. When a superstar and leader like Zach Thomas can smile from the sidelines because his young proteges were opening up a can of whupass on the veteran Raiders, in their house no less, you know this team is growing up before our eyes.

The stench from the Wanny-Speilboy era was slowly released on this autumn day in Northern California replaced by the vibrant tone of hope and resiliency demonstrated by a team that would not be denied victory. Our boys became men this day, in my opinion, and the once proud Miami Dolphins have returned. There will be dark moments ahead, to be sure, but I believe the Nick Saban era has arrived and other NFL teams should be afraid, very afraid.

I teach English and......

DAMN! That is waxing poetic to the nth degree! A+! To the head of the class you go!

I wish my kids could write that descriptively!

Thank you Finster. I tutor English on the side. I'll have to pass your comments on to my students.

FinFan57 said:
Good Point 54. The Dolphins did play hard for Jim Bates, but unfortunately there was no corner to turn, just pride. We are a team again and the Nicktator clearly has us moving in the right direction. It wasn't so much that we won Sunday, it was how we won. The attitude is different....the confidence is building....the swagger is coming back.

I really think that Nick bringing Linehan down on the sidelines was huge. The players raved about having Linehan downstairs and I think the offense, which had been blown away the week before, feels a little closer and more part of the overall team.

Sometimes you just know. Like the first time you saw your girlfriend or wife...you just know it is right. I know Sunday was right. Our beloved Dolphins are back and you will see. Yes, there will be some major bumps in the road, but we're at least in the right car headed down the right road.....we'll get there.

the nicktator--sounds like something out of American Pie :lol:

I see where you are coming from but to me it is just like the opening game against the Bronco's where we won a game we should have lost. On that performance we should have won all our games since, but didn't! We all thought then , that we would go on and win the division, with ease. Then there was the reallity shock of losing away to the Jets and the Bills, which brought us back down to earth. Now we are hitting form again, and I agree that we are going in the right direction, but there is still a long way to go.
I am British and we are reknown for our pessimism (sp), but we still have some way to go ---trust me

azfinfanmang said:
Yeah me too, but no mention of the FROZEN TUNDRA
:lol:

You'll have to wait for the January release of FinFan57's sequel,

Lost in New England

Shouldn't we win 2 or 3 games in a row before proclaiming ourselves as having turned the corner

Wow....you make some great points in this great thread, FF57. A classic, IMO, which should be read by every Phinz fan on this site. It's a great example of what this team has the potential to be in the coming seasons.

I feel it the change in the air, too. I think rock bottom in the Nick Saban era came this season during the Cleveland game. We just played with no heart in that game. There's was no where to go, but up from there. The Oakland game may indeed open a NEW chapter in the Miami Dolphins turnaround.

FinFan57...excellent post. I agree entirely...however I feel that all of the changes started the moment Saban took this headcoaching job. The new era started immediately. His VERY first press conference...I was stunned. I dont know if its just because he reminds me so much of myself (his intensity) or if its because hes so intelligent...his way with words, his attitude, and his VERY APPARENT determination to do everything he can do to make this franchise a winner. He is so unlike Wanny in every way. The moment I heard his plan for our future...I knew this was going to be a BRAND NEW Miami Dolphins. I love Sabans quick video quote on "Dolphins Insider" on the official website...if any of you havnt seen it go check it out.

Nice post...but I'll be much happier when they begin to play more consistenlty and win this week at home against the Bills.

Go Fins!!!

FinFan57 said:
In one balmy California afternoon, the Nick Saban era of the Miami Dolphins officially began and the corner has been turned. There was a palpable feeling coming from these Dolphins this past Sunday. The attitude, pride, and determination to not let this year slip away like last year was clearly evident.

Saban's master stroke of bringing Linehan down from the crow's nest to the sideline was a major statement that Saban needed to turn away from his beloved defense and spend quality time with Scott Linehan. This was an effort to bond and bring the offense together, not for Saban to spew a little testosterone and bang his chest. The Dolphins beleaguered offense needed a group hug and got it. Even rising stars like Linehan need a little love.

Youngsters such as Crowder, Pope, Daniels, Hadnot and others made the rite of passage from potential to NFL player. When a superstar and leader like Zach Thomas can smile from the sidelines because his young proteges were opening up a can of whupass on the veteran Raiders, in their house no less, you know this team is growing up before our eyes.

The stench from the Wanny-Speilboy era was slowly released on this autumn day in Northern California replaced by the vibrant tone of hope and resiliency demonstrated by a team that would not be denied victory. Our boys became men this day, in my opinion, and the once proud Miami Dolphins have returned. There will be dark moments ahead, to be sure, but I believe the Nick Saban era has arrived and other NFL teams should be afraid, very afraid.

FF 57 outstanding points here.
When players play together, it take a while to adjust to each other.
When you say turn the corner i believe you mean they have finally bought into the system that Sabin has brought to miami.
I wish fans would understand this about football or life in general, you need time to understand each other and know where each other will be!
I have been saying to all of my Dolphin buddies that by week 9 or 10 we will be cliking on all cyliders.
Well week 9 we stubbed or toe against N E and week 10 we got blown out by Clev. I was a week too late in my assumtion ( i hope)!
I totally agree with your comments!!
Nice job.;) :)

It's a nice post, and it was an impressive game on Sunday, but like many before me have said, it's only one game. This team needs to play that way every week before they've truly "turned the corner"...

In other words, we'll see....

PHINZ RULE!!!

When we win 2 in a row, then I'll believe we've finally started to turn the corner.

Back
Top Bottom