The Dolphins have #5, #18 and #26 in the first round | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins have #5, #18 and #26 in the first round

Trading #18 seems to be the most logical of the 3 first round picks. It most probably will bring back another 1st round pick in 2021. But the caveat to that is, it means its most likely a playoff team making the trade for the 18th pick. Increasing the chance, the 2021 selection is in the bottom of the round. Now on the other hand pick #26 could also net Miami another 1st round selection in 2021, especially if a team in the top 10 picks of the 2nd round want to come up to #26? Which would increase the chances of netting a potential top 10, 2021 1st rounder, because the team trading is most likely a bad team, record wise and may not be good enough in 2020 to fall out of the top 10 of 2021? Something to think about. I believe Miami is in the drivers seat at both #18 and #26.

Your point? One team had a QB who consistently gets it done with his arm - Brady did just enough to win - Brady and no could have easily lost to the Chiefs a week earlier

The Rams D was near flawless but they had to respect Bradys arm the Pats D were their equal this night

Goff was terrible
Gurley the bell cow RB was hurt earlier in the year running up needless yards on opponents -
Last year's Super Bowl , Just a point, no DR.

How did Ireland suck so much here and is now doing a great job in minny...
Last I heard/read..Jeff's in New Orleans, so i'm not sure how he's doing. Now Rick Spielman..assuming he's still the GM in Minnesota..was our GM, and I know he's hit on some studs there..can't remember his hit/miss rate with us.
What people don't understand is that HCs have a lot of influence on picks. FO and Coaching are not departments which are separated or shouldn't be. In our past we never had an FO which was connected to the HC. Ireland and Spielman may have just better communication lines to the coaches in Minnesota and NoLa.

I think fans are going to be highly disappointed if they expect a “sexy” draft. Given the amount of holes on our roster I just don’t see Grier pulling off big trade where we have to overpay to move up from 5. Now if the Lions/Giants go Raiders on us and take one of our 1st and one of our 2nd round picks to move up to 3 or 4 we might see a trade. In that scenario we hopefully don’t draft a Dion Jordan equivalent.
I said last offseason that we have to change our views on drafts from here on out. We will probably never see "sexy drafts" again. Every draft, every FA will be purpose driven, team fitting, culture fitting. If a sexy pick or FA acquisition fits - so be it. But otherwise people who think we will make the big awesome acquisitions will be disappointed. I see trade downs as a bigger possibility than trade ups.

According to value chart, we could combine #18 and #26 to get as high as #6. We could then combine Bothe 2nd round picks to get as high as #20. Clearly, that means someone has to WANT to do a trade. But hypothetically, we could go all OL and DE in FA, and then Grab Tea, Jeudy AND Swift and then go back to going all OL and DE for the rest of the draft. Get the triplets this year and then fill in around them. Thoughts?

Here's value chart. https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

We have two picks in the first next year, dont we? Xavien Howard will net a 1st round pick. Our DBs looked good against the Pats and Eagles, so Howard should not be in our long term plan.

I fully expect Howard to be traded next year for a 1st. Then, next year you can package all 3 to move up for Clemson's Fabio

We have two picks in the first next year, dont we? Xavien Howard will net a 1st round pick. Our DBs looked good against the Pats and Eagles, so Howard should not be in our long term plan.

I fully expect Howard to be traded next year for a 1st. Then, next year you can package all 3 to move up for Clemson's Fabio
We'd take a $13MM cap hit for moving him...but sure, if the juice is worth the squeeze....

5. Tua Tagovailoa, QB
18. K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE
26. Mekhi Becton, OT
39. JK Dobbins, RB
56. Nick Harris, C/G
70. Antoine Winfield Jr., DB

D14eBwNW0AA1OjX.jpg

id trade 18 for a pick in the 35-42 range and a 2021 1st

Love this too. Id absolutely drop from 18 to 35 for a 2021 1st, but I just dont see a team picking in the top 10 losing their #2 AND their next years potential top 10 pick as well. If they'd entertain it, I'd gamble on it all day. ESPECIALLY the Giants/Lions.

I fully expect us to not draft at all three of these positions. There will be trades, up, down, maybe back into the first, or out of the first, or up to 3 overall.

Night one of the draft is going to be a lot of fun.

=
Big yes to all the above. Michael Scott's Mock Draft is... honestly the greatest draft Miami could possibly have from a value standpoint. You have 5 dudes up there with first round grades - so I'll freakin take it. Love Chaisson, Love Becton (would take Biadasz as well, but only because Im convinced we need a stud guard on this OL. Becton is a great choice if you're dedicated to the tackle mindset here.

Lol this isn't going to happen. Stop it.

Ireland is in New Orleans and I watched a game where Aikmen gave him a lot of credit. Everyone seems better out of Miami

Ireland made his mistakes here like any young GM would, but Miami never let him learn from them and improve so he's done that in NO and has been a tremendous asset for them.

I always felt like Ireland was a smart man and a hard worker, very under rated as a football mind by Dolphins fans, much like Ryan Tannehill.

Based on his numerous injuries since he has been with the Dolphins, his subpar play this past season when he was in the lineup and his huge salary, I don’t see any team in the league offering a first round pick for Howard.
I think they would be lucky if they could unload his salary for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Back
Top Bottom