The Dolphins have #5, #18 and #26 in the first round | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins have #5, #18 and #26 in the first round

I know I wasn’t getting on you. But there’s been a running narrative for a while that he’s doing such a great job there when it’s unclear what he even does.

Facts we know:

1. his job title is director of college scouting
2. he was nominated for an award by his boss, the GM of the New Orleans Saints, from "Inside the League". He was also SENT TO ACCEPT THE AWARD IN PERSON

Where's a narrative? We aren't gaining anything by Ireland being recognized elsewhere. Why are people parroting the word "narrative" all of a sudden everywhere? This is a good sign for us, as a team that has signed some "retreads" who are accepting lower positions. It just shows that simply because someone is a bad HC or bad GM, they may have value in a winning successful franchise. Which is what Flores is doing.

a defensive minded “head coach” can’t use an all pro on a rookie deal. Embarrassing.

It’s obvious he can’t evaluate QB talent either. Rosen is garbage.
It's embarrassing that you keep drumming up the "coach is an idiot" view when said player who claimed to be a Swiss army knife decided he wanted to instead fold and leave. The players who wanted to be dolphins stayed and did well enough to win without him.
I haven't liked every move but they did what they had to do. Ready for the next chapter.

My gut says there's about an 80 percent chance Miami takes either Tua or Herbert with their top pick. Unless the front office believes in Rosen, which doesn't seem to be the case, a long-term answer at quarterback is a must.

I know there are questions about both quarterbacks. Health for Tua, consistency mostly for Herbert. But, I don't think Miami can wait until 2021. I don't think the Dolphins will be picking top 5 and I can't see a team dealing Lawrence if they own that pick.

Dolphins traded away their QB for pennies and he led the league in several important stats. Grier better draft an elite QB this draft. No excuses.

I don't want a GM that builds consensus, which is the same as drafting who makes everyone happy. I want a GM that drafts who he wants, puts his name on it, or tells a coach to figure it out when an all pro talent doesn't like how he's being used and I'm not trading him. Isn't the DC and safety coach both gone now too? Sigh.
My gut says there's about an 80 percent chance Miami takes either Tua or Herbert with their top pick. Unless the front office believes in Rosen, which doesn't seem to be the case, a long-term answer at quarterback is a must.

I know there are questions about both quarterbacks. Health for Tua, consistency mostly for Herbert. But, I don't think Miami can wait until 2021. I don't think the Dolphins will be picking top 5 and I can't see a team dealing Lawrence if they own that pick.

We must fix the Oline first plain and simple. I see a lot of praise for Tannehill on this board but the Titans have a great Oline with a balanced ground and air game. I would like to see us give Rosen a chance he only started 3 games. We gave up a 2nd round pick for him. Also, I'm not against getting a QB but just later on in the draft with guys like Jordan Love, Jake Fromm, Jacob Eason or Anthony Gordon. Tua is too much of a high risk where we all would cringe whenever he gets tackled, we don't need to deal with all that.

We must fix the Oline first plain and simple. I see a lot of praise for Tannehill on this board but the Titans have a great Oline with a balanced ground and air game. I would like to see us give Rosen a chance he only started 3 games. We gave up a 2nd round pick for him. Also, I'm not against getting a QB but just later on in the draft with guys like Jordan Love, Jake Fromm, Jacob Eason or Anthony Gordon. Tua is too much of a high risk where we all would cringe whenever he gets tackled, we don't need to deal with all that.
No doubt Miami needs to improve the offensive line. But I wouldn't pass early on a franchise quarterback if one is there.

Better than cringing every time Rosen releases the ball.

This season was a waste unless we get a franchise QB. Otherwise our plan was to get the first pick and we would have landed Burrow and probably a couple of other pro bowlers in this draft by simply losing the last 3 games. The best thing about this season, is it's helped me pull away from thinking I have to watch the Dolphins game, but if the usual incompetence continues through 2020 and 2021, I'll just turn into a casual fan just like the Phins seem to shoot for being a casual team. This team hasn't been the Dolphins I know since JJ left and QB evaluation has been sorely missed since the turn of the century.

Do you realize how many games he has missed during his 4 years with the Dolphins? It‘s great to have a CB as talented as Howard but he just can’t seem to stay healthy. It has been one knee injury after another since his first year in the league. If it was only one injury I would agree with you but perhaps you need to go back and see how often he has missed games over the past four years before you just conclude he has only been injured once.
Is he a great CB when he is healthy? Yes he is. The issue is after a number of injuries to his knees, will he ever be great again? I just question if he can be a player who can justify the money the Dolphins are paying him by remaining healthy and playing 16 or more games a season. We will see.
I hope you are not one of the tua shills. I am sure you are not.

If you were, I would call you out as the world's biggest HYPOCRITE of all time. This is the SAME EXACT reason we CANNOT draft t u a. Why people fail to understand this, I don't see. If it is an issue with X, it's for SURE an issue w/tua. Durability and availability are a BIG thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said already if we get Tua i'd probably still go for a guy like Eason or Fromm in Round 2 or Gordon in Round 3 and have them push each other.. Nothing should be given to a golden goose and best case they are both good and with QB's you could easily get teams to pay out the wazoo for a good QB.

They probably ask Ireland to give them a list of players he loves in upcoming drafts & make sure they go the complete opposite direction. It’s genius !

Payton: “Hey Jeff! I was thinking about drafting (insert player name here) with our 1st round pick. What do you think?”

Ireland: “I LOVE that player, he’s awesome!”

Payton: *crosses player off his draft board*

Jeff Ireland is officially the Asst GM and Director of Scouting.

I've said already if we get Tua i'd probably still go for a guy like Eason or Fromm in Round 2 or Gordon in Round 3 and have them push each other.. Nothing should be given to a golden goose and best case they are both good and with QB's you could easily get teams to pay out the wazoo for a good QB.

If the oline was somewhat viable, I would normally agree. Not this year, not with a talent thin roster. And throwing money at it wont solve anything.

This season was a waste unless we get a franchise QB

Baffles me when people say this. As if acquiring other good players instead doesn’t mean anything.

The Dolphins HAD Ryan Tannehill for 7 years and he didn’t win a lot. Now he’s on a team with some good players and his team is winning.

Point is, a team can win w/ a journeyman QB if they’ve got good players. Tennessee is doing it now.

So adding the best talent possible with 5 selections in the first 2 round is never a ‘waste’. Just got to make good decisions.

If TENN can win with Tanny, MIA can win with Fitz or another similar level QB if they amass enough talent.

Everyone would love to acquire the next Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees. But if that guy isn’t to be had, there are other ways to do it.

This season was a waste unless we get a franchise QB. Otherwise our plan was to get the first pick and we would have landed Burrow and probably a couple of other pro bowlers in this draft by simply losing the last 3 games. The best thing about this season, is it's helped me pull away from thinking I have to watch the Dolphins game, but if the usual incompetence continues through 2020 and 2021, I'll just turn into a casual fan just like the Phins seem to shoot for being a casual team. This team hasn't been the Dolphins I know since JJ left and QB evaluation has been sorely missed since the turn of the century.

I’ll never understand these types of finite opinions. If this DOESNT happen then it definitively means THIS.

Really?

Depending on who is there, of course, but I would seriously consider using our last 1st to trade back into round 2, and then use one of our 2nds to trade for a 1st next year.

Back
Top Bottom