The Dolphins Receiver Room Battle Royale | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins Receiver Room Battle Royale

If you’re keeping Wilson you’re likely limiting the snaps Waddle gets at receiver, and using him as a punt returner.
Two cents and all that

I think Waddle's ability to line up on the outside is being overlooked. Wilson comes in, no prob, Waddle moves outside not on the sideline.

"All Pro" punt returner is a pretty lofty title for Grant. He's a good punt returner, and a poor deep threat. He's 4mm+. He's gone. His writing is on the wall.

I'd say you can say goodbye to Preston Williams, too. Malcolm Perry sadly goes as well - I like him and think there's potential there.

Miami is apparently pretty enamored with Williams, and he's very cheap.

I'm only really interested in the WR. If we carry 5 Id go with:

Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Wilson, Bowden

If we carry more my additional two are Grant and Williams.

I'm not a big fan of how Williams plays the position personally. Lots of physical skills but horrible technique.

I think Waddle's ability to line up on the outside is being overlooked. Wilson comes in, no prob, Waddle moves outside not on the sideline.
can you imagine the look on the defense when they see Waddle,Wilson and Fuller out there all at the same time. That is some real speed they'd really have to back off the LOS......we could throw 5 to 8 yard passes to the TE's or RB's all day long and move the ball down the field.

I'm not going worry too much about who gets how many snaps.

I actually like the "package" substitution philosophy. It keeps DCs on their toes, and allows for precise attack game planning.

WR:

Parker
Fuller
Waddle
Williams
Wilson
Bowden
Hollins

Their re-signing of Hollins in March was interesting; he's a solid gunner on ST.

TE:

Gesicki
Long
Shaheen

I also wouldn't be all that surprised to see Waddle on returns. I cannot wait to see FinHeaven explode if that occurs.

Miami is apparently pretty enamored with Williams, and he's very cheap.
Hard to say if they are enamored or not. They wouldn't say otherwise in any case.

He was getting a lot of snaps both years before being injured, but look at the alternatives. There weren't that many viable options.

I think he will have to show out during camp. Best man win.

I have a feeling there will be one or two trades before final roster.

Hard to say if they are enamored or not. They wouldn't say otherwise in any case.

He was getting a lot of snaps both years before being injured, but look at the alternatives. There weren't that many viable options.

I think he will have to show out during camp. Best man win.

It's not something I'm making up. I legitimately saw/read this somewhere from a reputable source; I just can't remember said source at the moment.

It's not something I'm making up. I legitimately saw/read this somewhere from a reputable source; I just can't remember said source at the moment.
I didn't mean to imply you were making anything up. That has always been the "party line".

I juat don't think they would say anything negative publicly, even if it were the case. This goes for all players, not just PW.

Many thought BM was loved by Flo. Who saw KVN getting unceremoniously kicked to the curb?

These guys don't play. If they see a better way forward, nobody is untouchable.

I didn't mean to imply you were making anything up. That has always been the "party line".

I juat don't think they would say anything negative publicly, even if it were the case. This goes for all players, not just PW.

Many thought BM was loved by Flo. Who saw KVN getting unceremoniously kicked to the curb?

These guys don't play. If they see a better way forward, nobody is untouchable.

Oh, I know. The reason I remembered it is because I found it surprising. It was phrased in a specifically positive way, like, "The Dolphins front office is sold on developing Preston Williams' upside" or something like that - and it wasn't from one of those obnoxious "our sources are telling us" Twitter accounts that repeatedly just makes things up.

That being said, I 100% agree that he needs to show up and prove it. This front office is all about business. The McCain release should illustrate that; he was supposedly another one of the Front Office's favorites.

What are you using as your metric for the best? Touchdowns, based on your second statement. I personally like that stat but I think averages overall are more important to coaching staffs.

Id say hes a damn good punt returner. No question there. He's a ****ty receiver who has no upside. Hes also (edit 5) mm. He's got a good skillset, but it really depends on how risk averse the FO is. Grant is limited. He is what he is. You likely keep him for a year based on the numbers alone, and out of concern for Waddle turning out to be a true #1, a guy you absolutely do not let return punts.

Hey, by chance, what did we draft 6th overall? Any idea?
I mean, his average in both is top 5 to top 3 in that span and he has the most scores.

What other metrics could possibly impact the take?

You know when the guy runs it back for a score that is a good thing right?

Back
Top Bottom