The Dolphins Receiver Room Battle Royale | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins Receiver Room Battle Royale

Theres no more Tom Brady in Foxboro, all the Edelmans in the world aren't going to put the offense together again.

This reminds me of humpty dumpy.

Bill B sat on a wall. Bill B lost his Tom. All of Krafts horses and all of Krafts men couldn't put the offense together again.

Grant is always a muff waiting to happen and has suspect hands. I think he is gone. I also think that a lot of people on here are ignoring how good Wilson is when healthy, especially for the price.
Parker
Fuller
Waddle
P Williams
Bowden
Wilson
***Perry to the PS

Mike Gesicki
Hunter Long
Durham Smythe
Adam Shaheen
***Blount to the PS
***Depending on how fast Long comes along, Gesicki could be traded before the deadline is over.

My guess's are:

WR's

Parker
Fuller
Waddle
Williams
Holland
& Bowden - I think he sticks for some trick plays

TE's
Gesicki
Shaheen
Smythe
Long

FB's - I think Floes is going to rotate three receivers as traditional half backs, but use them more as receivers then normal for half backs and also use them occasionally as running backs. This could explain why we are so "heavy" at this position - LOL

FB's
Carter
Blount
& Shaheen or Smythe rotated as a 3rd Half Back

I see this as a new composite TE/HB/RB position that the team will use to confuse the defense, protect our QB and supplement our running backs. This is the best way I can see to explain our existing player circumstances over the last 3 drafts & Free Agency acquisitions.

Some will say that's what we do anyway; using our receiver's that way. I clearly agree. I am just going one step further and saying this defines an essentially new position based on a multitasking skill set of big men who can catch, receive or block at high levels; and not just some receiver's being used in a bunch of "trick" plays. Those "trick" plays will be reserved for the WR's.

This would certainly explain why we are currently heavy in receiver's, light in running backs and God knows where with Half backs. Forget the "traditional" uses of those positions. We are the new Dolphins with a new coaching staff and front office. We are starting to make history and the BEST IS YET TO COME.

This is a great season to be a Dolphins Homer (winner) _ LOL

Last edited:
2nd team is still all pro.
Agreed.

If the Dolphins make the mistake of releasing him, he will find a spot on another team real quick. I feel like a lot of his derision on this forum was with him playing wide receiver extensively - it's not like he had a choice due to how many players the Dolphins were down at WR last year - having to give extensive snaps to Bowden, Perry and Mack Hollins is not ideal

Not a prediction, but what I would want (I think the OP's intent)

Parker
Fuller
Waddle
Wilson
Bowden
Williams
Perry and/or Foster (if eligible) on PS

Geisicki
Long
Shaheen
Smythe
Carter (as FB and ST)

I mean, his average in both is top 5 to top 3 in that span and he has the most scores.

What other metrics could possibly impact the take?

You know when the guy runs it back for a score that is a good thing right?

Obviously, TDs count. One of my big problems is factoring in those returns that net negative yards with him always trying for the big run instead of getting 15 and walking off the field. Second, is overall value. How much does a 'poor receiver' subtract from a top returner? Flo knows what he'll accept - I don't. I would suspect a guy who doesn't score on a return once a year, but is top 10 in return yards AND is a legit deep threat and scores 3-5 TDs/yr OR is a CB getting significant snaps and snags 2-3 INTs/yr should be seen as more valuable than Grant

Fuller
Parker
Waddle
Wilson
Williams
Grant
Hollins

It looks like 7 but also don't forget that Hollins also played TE at times.

Also, I would not turn away trade opportunities for either Grant or Parker.

Those who’ve predicted Preston Williams being on the chopping block are amusing to say the least lol…That’s crazy

Based on talent and potential the WR room would be,
Parker
Fuller
Waddle
Williams
Wilson
Bowden

The TE room would be

Gesicki
Long
Shaheen who was extended for a reason
Carter who's here as a FB/HB more so than as a TE
This was exactly where I was at

This was exactly where I was at

I'm not certain "talent and potential" will be the deciding factors, UNLESS that "talent and potential" is clearly superior. To me, the WR group will be one of variety - the Fuller, type, the wilson type, the Parker type - and how many of each Flo wants on the roster. Will he carry a guy (Grant) solely for return duties? will ST talent get priority (Hollins)? This will be an interesting OS

I mean, his average in both is top 5 to top 3 in that span and he has the most scores.

What other metrics could possibly impact the take?

You know when the guy runs it back for a score that is a good thing right?
See, Im not seeing him top 5. He actually is more middle of the pack in his returns, and the above answer addresses why. He always goes for the big score. But either way, he's proven himself to be a very good returner. No question. There are 3-4 of those every draft.

Im just not sure I'm willing to pay 5mm for 1 touchdown a year when I'm otherwise losing 4-6 yards per return, especially when I have a crowded receiver room full of actual receivers and I've drafted one of the best punt returners coming out of college in quite some time... all while having the upside to dominate. If he's still taking time to learn his routes, that is fine. Albert Wilson is still here at the exact same price, prove capable of being a threat from the slot (which Grant has not) Oh, and in a pinch, he can return punts or kicks.

OR to put in your tone... "you know field position and versatility are IMPORTANT in football, right?"

Back
Top Bottom