The Fatal Repeat Mistake | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fatal Repeat Mistake

Charles Harris can't be the best player on anyone's board. He flunked the metrics based on his combine which means he is not a special athlete and has low upside. The tape means next to nothing in comparison. That edge rusher metric formula is one of the most dependable things out there. Yet we have tried to ignore it twice in Jordan and Harris.

The problem with this franchise is it continues to force scheme fits instead of using logical means to identify great players. Scheme fit is merely the most low level version of happy adjuster out there. Scheme fit rationalization lends itself to Crowd Ever After.

Jones needs to be alongside the line of scrimmage. Use any excuse to keep him there. I can't believe we wasted almost the entire season with him deep in coverage so often, just like Grant was wasted on the bench until the final games.

The single thing that has hurt this team more than anything the past few years is inability to draft decent O lineman, I will admit I am not the greatest Tannehill supporter in the world he has had it rough. Failing to draft decent lineman meant wasted picks on players this team should have drafted. Charles Harris I am not willing to give up on yet I liked him better than I liked Dion Jordan. But struggling to win a starting spot over Andre Branch is disturbing so he needs to get his rear in gear Corddrea Tankersly showed some upside and i think he will be corner no.2 besides Xavien Howard, I don't think he is going to be a pro bowl corner but I do think he will be able to hold his own. I think Raekwon McMillen gets starting job no matter what so I don't see them going LB in the first round this year, If harris turns out to be a good player and Asiata can at least who improvement and not turn into another Bily Turner this draft my have turned out to be a good one.

You could argue that the dumbest FO in the NFL is between us and the Browns.

Basically I would have to agree. If not that low, certainly lower third. Again this is why I cringe when all the Tannehill haters blame him. Tannehill, at worse, is a symptom of our real problem. In actuality he's one of the better draft picks our front office has made.

The problem that still continues to be a problem, is the inability to defend the middle of the field. It’s reared it’s head once again this season. Miami may be in prime position to address this short coming by drafting a LB or FS that can cover the TE or RB at #12. I’m watching Florida State play it’s bowl game and can’t help thinking what Darwin James could do as the FS in a Dolphins uniform. In spite of his subpar season this year, which may be due to his recovery from his injury last year, he’s still the type of player who’d fit the defense and give the team what it lacks. But I’m not sure they value his talent they way I do or many others do. This F/O needs to fix this issue, if 5he defense is going to improve.
We actually drafted the player to address this in Raekwon McMillan in the 2nd round. However, bad luck with the ACL injury smashed that in the first preseason game. Raekwon will be back next season and we will see if he can take his great Ohio State success to the NFL. His other strength is his natural leadership. He's the future Defensive leader of the team (just needs to stay healthy).

We actually drafted the player to address this in Raekwon McMillan in the 2nd round. However, bad luck with the ACL injury smashed that in the first preseason game. Raekwon will be back next season and we will see if he can take his great Ohio State success to the NFL. His other strength is his natural leadership. He's the future Defensive leader of the team (just needs to stay healthy).

I think dolfan91 was talking more about pass defense. That likely wouldn't have been McMillan's strength. I agree with him. We still have a weakness at the LB position, and a FS should also be considered to boost coverage on the backend.

Miami clearly went BPA on their board last draft. They had Branch, Wake, Hayes in the fold, plus they throw Suh some looks at DE and Fede they like in that last DE spot and plays specials.

Harris was Miami FINALLY showing some foresight (hell they did that with Tunsil as well) in the draft. Both picks need better 2018 campaigns but the selections were solid.

And DE once again could be the top position on the board when they pick and Miami could certainly tap back into that.

So if Harris is weak and slow what got him drafted so high? All mocks I saw had him going around there or even higher. And word was that Atlanta wanted to trade up for him so..

Miami should've just drafted Foster..A lot of our defensive woes would be getting better..

3 times in the last decade Miami passed on All WORLD level LBs..Although the McMillian pick made up for the forster pick, he's a damn good LB too.

Miami should've just drafted Foster..A lot of our defensive woes would be getting better..

3 times in the last decade Miami passed on All WORLD level LBs..Although the McMillian pick made up for the forster pick, he's a damn good LB too.

No doubt Foster is a good LB but there was some red flags about him which scared off 30 other teams, Miami didn’t want to take the risk and that I can understand.

I think Drake played well beyond anyone's expectation.
I think Tank performed well but still has a way to go.

If we can ever get the line to perform consistently at either pass or run blocking we can establish an identity.

when our 3-headed 'ghidorah' meet, 2 heads should look Adam straight up and say ".. ok, we tried it your way.. from now on you coach, we'll roster... and this best not happen again."

It's pretty effing pathetic when there is not ONE position group that anyone can look at and say WE ARE GOOD HERE!

Ridiculous.

The biggest repeat mistake is that we've had yet another year with no production from the number 2 pick. This is a decade-long issue. They did pretty well with Godchaux, but we need to hit consistently on rounds 2-3-4 in order to transform as a team. There is no excuse having had this much time with an established coaching staff and front office.
We need more Kenyan Drakes and fewer Koa Misis.

Back
Top Bottom