The ideal prospect for the Miami Dolphins is Jerry Jeudy, not Tua | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ideal prospect for the Miami Dolphins is Jerry Jeudy, not Tua

Wow, it’s as if 2008-2018 didn’t happen. And this move would be even dumber than the dumb move that kicked off that decade plus of mediocrity.

I’m not joking when I say this fanbase has Stockholm Syndrome. It’s been so long since the program has been elite that the fans have begun to think that the dumbass moves this team has made since 1995 are the norm and keep advocating for them.

He makes a perfectly valid point.

On most of those TDz his wrs have at least 1-3 yards of separation, which just isn't going to happen in the NFL with that kind of regularity...

OR

they make acrobatic catches that no one on our current squad is going to be making.

if he started for the fins we'd be seeing INTz and dropped passes all over the place.

I'm not against drafting Tua,

I DO think it is pathetic to obsess about it NOW & even think about 'tanking' to draft him.

As for comparing TH to Rosen, there is NO comparison there.

When TH was drafted there was NOT ONE talent evaluator on this planet that had him projected as the top QB, or as a top tier QB.

There is a REASON for that, it would be obvious to anyone that watched him play in college that he is not in the same league as Rosen as far as arm talent is concerned.

Ryan would eat Rosen's lunch @WR!

Anyone recall when the Lions took WRs in round 1 in 3 of 4 straight years? And they still sucked. Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Calvin Johnson - didn’t turn the franchise around.

Seriously is it the wide receivers making them look good?

There’s some good discussion on it in the draft forum, if you haven’t checked it out yet. I think it’s worth your time if you’re curious.

Another ridiculous article posted for clicks and reaction.

The Miami Dolphins have been historically awful this year en route to an 0-4 start. The Dolphins are currently on pace for the third overall pick behind the Cincinnati Bengals and the New York Jets, due to record versus divisional opponents, but have a real good shot at the top overall pick.
The record vs divisional opponents has ZERO effect on draft order.

Frankly, If we end up picking at 1, 9 & 24, we'd be better off taking Tua, Jordan Love AND Joe Burrow than a WR at pick 1.

Obviously, I am exaggerating but WR's are too hard to hit on and rarely do they turn out to be Julio Jones. He's been balling since he got into the league and his presence alone has never put them over the top.

I can't think of any WR drafted that has changed the trajectory of a team. A QB on the other hand....

Since 1965, the only WR's to be drafted #1 overall are Keyshawn Johnson & Irving Fryar.

Just the same ol bad strategy. The Dolphins have been using this one for decades.

You have to understand the reason all Bama's receivers are viewed as highly as they are is because of Tua. Everybody eats because of him. Learn it.

If Hurts was still the quarterback Jeudy would still be catching 15 balls and 2 TD's. Maybe not that low, but he couldn't break 1000 yards receiving or more than 5 TD's.

Calvin Ridley couldn't even break 1000 yards receiving before Tua. Now they all threaten to do it.

Reminds me of when a lot of people were saying that Mike Williams made Deshaun Watson - except, this is a more extreme example.

Back
Top Bottom