The ideal prospect for the Miami Dolphins is Jerry Jeudy, not Tua | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ideal prospect for the Miami Dolphins is Jerry Jeudy, not Tua

It's simply not legitimate to take the PRESUMED success of Alabama wide receivers and use that as evidence against the PRESUMED success of Tua Tagovailoa.

It's spectral evidence, nothing more.

A lot of folks thought Marcus Nash was going to be a great NFL receiver too. He went in the 1st round in 1998, just like his teammate Peyton Manning. And Peerless Price went in the 2nd round a year later, having also caught passes from Peyton Manning during Peyton's final year 1997.

Nash was a total bust and Peerless Price had a decent career and none of it had any bearing whatsoever on Peyton Manning.

Add Joey Kent who went in the second round in 1997.

Your boy Baker Mayfield had Ceedee Lamb, Marquis Brown, Mark Andrews, Sterling Shepard and Dede Westbrook to throw to at Oklahoma.

Also had Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine in the backfield.
Ceedee Lamb looks like an early draft pick; so does Waddle when he becomes available.

Hollywood Brown was draft 25th, Westbrook in the 4rd round, Andrews in the 3rd round and Shepherd in the 2nd round. Josh Jacobs went higher than Mixon, no?

From the mocks I've seen, Jeudy, Ruggs and Smith will be going in the first round... sorry Ted, close but still not apples to apples :shrug:

Add Joey Kent who went in the second round in 1997.

So in 1996, when Peyton Manning was all set to go #1 overall to the New York Jets had he actually come out, his top 3 receivers were 2nd rounder Joey Kent, 1st rounder Marcus Nash, and 2nd rounder Peerless Price.

Funny how that works.

Oh but I guess that example is going to be ruled out because of {{{reasons}}}.

LOL. Do your own research. I'm not gonna do it for you. If you don't recognize that there have been numerous examples of prospective NFL QB's being surrounded by an abundance of talent over the history of the college game, that's on you.

What's next, you gonna tell us that when evaluating Joe Montana as an all-time great QB let's not forget that he was surrounded by multiple HOF'ers? What about Tom Brady? He's played with multiple current and future HOF'ers too. But the masses of historians and fans don't seem to use that diminish their accomplishments or perceived greatness.

So why is it used against a draft prospect? Wouldn't be worse if they didn't perform at a high level surrounded by all that talent???
Looks like 3 first round wideouts will be drafted this year; the best Baker had was 1... There's "talent" and then there's "exceptional talent"

Ceedee Lamb looks like an early draft pick; so does Waddle when he becomes available.

Hollywood Brown was draft 25th, Westbrook in the 4rd round, Andrews in the 3rd round and Shepherd in the 2nd round. Josh Jacobs went higher than Mixon, no?

From the mocks I've seen, Jeudy, Ruggs and Smith will be going in the first round... sorry Ted, close but still not apples to apples :shrug:

If you think those dudes are all going in the first round, with Felipe Franks throwing them the ball, I got some things I need to sell you.

I don’t watch college ball. But here’s the thing about WRs and their ability to make a QB look good. I think it’s a false premise. It’s the other way around. Hear me out. If you have a crappy QB, they don’t throw the ball when it’s supposed to be delivered. Thus, you could give the rapist Antonio Brown to Josh Weeden and Weeden’s stats wouldn’t be helped that much. Now you can take a guy like Lamar Thomas and give him to Dan Marino and he looks like a serviceable starter when he really had no business being one. Make sense?

It's simply not legitimate to take the PRESUMED success of Alabama wide receivers and use that as evidence against the PRESUMED success of Tua Tagovailoa.

It's spectral evidence, nothing more.

A lot of folks thought Marcus Nash was going to be a great NFL receiver too. He went in the 1st round in 1998, just like his teammate Peyton Manning. And Peerless Price went in the 2nd round a year later, having also caught passes from Peyton Manning during Peyton's final year 1997.

Nash was a total bust and Peerless Price had a decent career and none of it had any bearing whatsoever on Peyton Manning.

People don't seem to recognize that there's no tried and true formula for this stuff. If there were, mistakes wouldn't be made.

I mean, the reverse is true too. Just because a prospect played at a program where there was little to no outstanding talent around them yet they performed at a high level doesn't mean that player will undoubtedly excel at the next level with more talent.

This is such a dumb argument. Jeudy over Tua lol. Maybe we can play Wildcat 100% of the time. Jeudy 95% of the time and Ballage 5% of the time at QB. And the 5% of the time Ballage can throw bubble screens to Jeudy.

What a thread.

They may all go in the 1st round - then again they may not. Joe Mixon only slipped out of the 1st round because of a video of him slugging a girl in the face.

Sure it's apples to apples. Look at the quality of pros all those guys from Mayfield's Oklahoma team are. Most of 'em were under-drafted if anything.

The offensive line was one of the best ever assembled :lol:

So in 1996, when Peyton Manning was all set to go #1 overall to the New York Jets had he actually come out, his top 3 receivers were 2nd rounder Joey Kent, 1st rounder Marcus Nash, and 2nd rounder Peerless Price.

Funny how that works.

Oh but I guess that example is going to be ruled out because of {{{reasons}}}.

Dont even mention the wealth of riches he had at running back. In 1997, Peyton had Jamal Lewis who only ran for 1,364 yards. He was drafted 5th overall. God. I dont know how Manning didnt win a championship. Defense was stacked too.

They may all go in the 1st round - then again they may not. Joe Mixon only slipped out of the 1st round because of a video of him slugging a girl in the face.

Sure it's apples to apples. Look at the quality of pros all those guys from Mayfield's Oklahoma team are. Most of 'em were under-drafted if anything.

But like everyone says, Tua has an A+ Line protecting him!!!

He's grasping at straws in trying to 'undersell' OU's talent. Doesn't matter where those players were drafted then, in comparison to where these Bama players might be drafted now. The OU players have now been vetted in the NFL and would go much higher in a re-draft.

The main point that has clearly been made by now is that there was an embarrassment of riches surrounding Baker Mayfield while he was in college. FACT.

Lastly, none of that will limit or prevent Mayfield from becoming a serviceable or even very good or great QB in the NFL someday.

He's grasping at straws in trying to 'undersell' OU's talent. Doesn't matter where those players were drafted then, in comparison to where these Bama players might be drafted now. The OU players have now been vetted in the NFL and would go much higher in a re-draft.

The main point that has clearly been made by now is that there was an embarrassment of riches surrounding Baker Mayfield while he was in college. FACT.

Lastly, none of that will limit or prevent Mayfield from becoming a serviceable or even very good or great QB in the NFL someday.

I mean if this is the case you'd certainly think it provides a bleak outlook for Christian Wilkins also - playing with all those 1st round picks along side of him.

Back
Top Bottom