The ideal prospect for the Miami Dolphins is Jerry Jeudy, not Tua | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ideal prospect for the Miami Dolphins is Jerry Jeudy, not Tua

Nothing generational about Tua, an interesting prospect but If anyone is thinking he is the next coming of Marino they are sadly mistaken. That being said, a WR @ 1 overall.....that is one I cannot say I would support, but the NFL has more in common with arena ball each year.

I already see the Tua jocksniffing cult is out for you, enjoy them....they can be kind of amusing when riled.

View attachment 27205

Well, I can honestly say I don’t believe I have ever seen a more innately accurate qb before..You take that and you combine it with the ability to make a free rusher look silly while keeping eyes downfield, combined with a player that has the intellect as to when to establish his legs as a threat and not just an accessory, then you have a blue chip prospect.

Last edited:
I agree about Fromm that way for sure. I was having this discussion with one of my co-hosts, where I thought he had the wrong read on a Jake Fromm throw against Notre Dame. Not to throw him under the bus or anything.

You can find the play right here (timestamp 1:57:47).

I'll summarize my co-host's interpretation of this play, which he thought turned out to be a bad pre-snap read. He assumes Jake Fromm was thinking the field side route combination would be unattractive because of the linebacker threatening to drop into the flat. But the linebacker was showing a Nano Blitz pre-snap, which means there was indeed favorable spacing and numbers on the field side. Instead Fromm threw to Cager vs. man on the boundary, even though (in my co-host's eyes) the safety was starting to get a bead on this tendency.

But I just don't see it that way. They'd just scored a big play, clock was running, and they hurried to the line to run another play quickly. Fromm read the man coverage, as he'd read several times before, and knew the Safety was going to have to pick up his TE Woerner in man. That leaves Cager (who had just made the big play) manned up on the boundary with no safety help to put the ball in danger if you throw the Bang-8.

The actual threat there was the Mike linebacker running out to rob the passing lane and that's where I thought my co-host made an interesting observation but kind of failed to connect the dots. He saw that Fromm signaled something to Woerner before the play. I think Fromm was setting the pick, which he seems to do a lot of in that Georgia offense (part of why Fromm is so compatible with Miami's/New England's approach). Woerner didn't just run his route against the safety, he intentionally picked off the Mike.

I actually thought, given the slide protection on the play to protect against that Nano Blitz, it would've actually been a bit more dangerous for Fromm to try and work the field side. I thought he chose the easier pitch and catch. He finished with a high throw, which reduced risk.

Overall I thought the play was good communication and execution on Fromm's part, considering they'd just had a big play and were hurrying up with the clock ticking. Unfortunately Georgia had an issue on the play with their alignment and Cager was technically not eligible to catch the football.

I thought Danielson did a poor job of describing the procedure penalty there. Since Woerner was going out to block instead of run a route, I would've had him motion to his spot from across the formation so he's lined up more as an H-back off the LOS so he's not covering up Cager. To me that's on the coordinator and QB.

But I agree with the interpretation of the play. Fromm knew he had the spacing and the numbers to the boundary, just being in too big of a hurry caused the penalty.

Slimm, the Bama oline, what rounds do you project the starters to go in?

That's a good question right now because they're all still young, and only Jedrick Wills has stayed at one spot. He's played his best football this year, he's really improving and I think he has a shot at a day 2 pick if he maintains his level of play. Easily the best I've seen him play. He's focused and really come on this year.

Leatherwood just the opposite. I feel like he's gone the other way a little bit. Getting pushed around and falling off blocks too much. Probably needs to come back for another season based on what I've seen. Moved back to LT this year after playing guard last year while Jonah Williams manned the LT spot.

Landon Dickerson transferred over from Florida St. where he struggled with injuries, and has brought an attitude and a nastiness to the OL that none of the others could provide. Tough guy. Maybe an early day 3 pick if he stays healthy and continues to have a good season. But hasn't really played enough college football to warrant the type of profile you want an offensive lineman to have.

Chris Owens doesn't really impress me at Center yet. He's another inexperienced guy that makes a ton of mistakes and isn't NFL ready by a longshot.

Left Guard is true freshman Evan Neal.

Deonte Brown is where it gets interesting because he's so powerful. By far the most powerful guy. He's a locomotive when he gets pulling and gets on those linebackers. His power is just too much for anybody to handle I don't care who they are or what league they play in. But he carries around some bad weight, isn't disciplined, been suspended - now must work his way back into the lineup somehow. They're not just going to hand it to him. He has to prove himself all over again, but it's his fault. We'll see what he's made of. Talent isn't a question. Focus, desire, discipline....those type things are.

That's a good question right now because they're all still young, and only Jedrick Wills has stayed at one spot. He's played his best football this year, he's really improving and I think he has a shot at a day 2 pick if he maintains his level of play. Easily the best I've seen him play. He's focused and really come on this year.

Leatherwood just the opposite. I feel like he's gone the other way a little bit. Getting pushed around and falling off blocks too much. Probably needs to come back for another season based on what I've seen. Moved back to LT this year after playing guard last year while Jonah Williams manned the LT spot.

Landon Dickerson transferred over from Florida St. where he struggled with injuries, and has brought an attitude and a nastiness to the OL that none of the others could provide. Tough guy. Maybe an early day 3 pick if he stays healthy and continues to have a good season. But hasn't really played enough college football to warrant the type of profile you want an offensive lineman to have.

Chris Owens doesn't really impress me at Center yet. He's another inexperienced guy that makes a ton of mistakes and isn't NFL ready by a longshot.

Left Guard is true freshman Evan Neal.

Deonte Brown is where it gets interesting because he's so powerful. By far the most powerful guy. He's a locomotive when he gets pulling and gets on those linebackers. His power is just too much for anybody to handle I don't care who they are or what league they play in. But he carries around some bad weight, isn't disciplined, been suspended - now must work his way back into the lineup somehow. They're not just going to hand it to him. He has to prove himself all over again, but it's his fault. We'll see what he's made of. Talent isn't a question. Focus, desire, discipline....those type things are.

Relative to Oregon’s o-line it seems inferior?..

Just for context Tua is playing better this year in isolation even though his line is not as good as last year.. safe to say on both accounts??

Relative to Oregon’s o-line it seems inferior?..

Just for context Tua is playing better this year in isolation even though his line is not as good as last year.. safe to say on both accounts??

Oregon has the best and most experienced offensive line in the country. I've been trying to get that point across all season. They returned all 5 starters and 4 are Seniors.

All highly-to-moderately rated NFL prospects on my board. Only one that's not a senior is left tackle Penei Sewell who is a sophomore - and he's the best one of 'em all.

Alabama's offensive line would be getting heavily criticized if this were any time period between 2008-2012. It's not close to what it used to be.

Oregon has the best and most experienced offensive line in the country. I've been trying to get that point across all season. They returned all 5 starters and 4 are Seniors.

All highly-to-moderately rated NFL prospects on my board. Only one that's not a senior is left tackle Penei Sewell who is a sophomore - and he's the best one of 'em all.

Alabama's offensive line would be getting heavily criticized if this were any time period between 2008-2012. It's not close to what it used to be.

I agree with this. When I've watched them, their OL has been extremely impressive. I don't know if it's filled with great NFL prospects, they surely have a guy or two that will play, I just really admire the job they're doing at the college level.

Without Tua (and that offense in general), that defense would be getting criticized even more. I know they have been ravished by injuries and starting 3-4 freshman but they have given up 450 yards to both SC and Ole Miss. Some of that yardage is probably predicated on chasing the scoreboard and the game being out of reach so the defense can loosen up but its still far from a bama defense that I am use to IMO

Scherff and wirfs at guard

Me likey

Probably be a one or the other thing

That would be unfair, Even Ballage would average 4.5 behind that, That arm length measurement is gonna be a factor if Wirfs is gonna play Tackle or guard.

Check out DT Javon Kinlaw, IDK why he's not getting a lot of hype but he looks top 5 to 10 to me.

Slimm how mucb in that bama offense is tua responsible for at the los?

And how much freedom does he have?

Hasn’t Oregon been missing like their top 5 skill players on offense not named the qb for the majority of the season?

Thing is, few NFL teams are having young quarterbacks analyze too much information pre-snap or adjust at the LOS anymore. It's just not the way it used to be.

Young quarterbacks like Dak, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, Mahomes, Trubisky, DeShaun Watson, Robert Griffin, etc. wouldn't have had so much success so early in their careers if they did.

I'd guess that less than half the teams in the NFL run a traditional pro style offense these days - and most of the ones that do have a quarterback over 30 years old (Matt Ryan, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Stafford, Roethlisberger). Maybe an NFL guy like CK can double check me on this but I'm probably pretty close. Andrew Luck is probably the only young quarterback in recent times that was able to be tasked with that.

I think Miami is trying to run that type of Tom Brady offense with Rosen, and it's why he's still overwhelmed - and it's why I think Miami will be into a kid like Fromm. He's the pre-snap and adjust at the line of scrimmage king.

I totally agree with all of that with regards to kids coming out of college and not being asked to do as much.

Miami looks to want the Tom Brady pre snap and progression read type.

But that also could be a for now thing. Given I do believe rosen fits that style well just like tannehill imo did.

I think it’s probably the worst bama o line I’ve seen in a while. But I don’t think I’ve seen any o line where I’m like wowed with it in college ball.

Oregon had its hands full o line wise with auburn to kick off the season.

I don’t think Clemson’s o line is loaded with studs either. Skill talent carries these teams.

Just looks like a lot of meh o line talent with power player teams this year

Which is another reason I think you have to be real careful with overdrafting and supply and demand. If it’s not there we can’t force it.

I know I like wirfs and I know I like Anthony Thomas. Those grades I can see as valid albeit for different asks.

At the risk of getting some people upset, I am not sure Duper nor Clayton would be in any other team’s honor roll. Yes, we loved them, but I always maintained that Marino “made” them. In ‘82 w Woodley, Duper couldn’t get on the field. In ‘83 w Marino he’s suddenly catching bombs left and right.

I’ve been saying this for over 25 years now. Neither Marks brother was overly productive after leaving MIA.
They were merely good players with particular skill sets the Dolphins and Marino were able to take full advantage of.

Duper was a straight line speed guy while Clayton had amazing hops and the ball skills to go up and get a ball. I always wonder what Marino might have done with Jerry Rice and John Taylor. Guys that could turn a slant or short pass into a long score at any time. Those guys could obviously beat defenders over the top too.

Even though he was past his prime, I was sorta curious to see Marino go to Minnesota at the end of his career to throw to Randy Moss and Cris Carter. Imagine Marino in his prime throwing to both those guys in their primes.

But Marino to Rice or Moss was a match made in heaven we never were blessed to see. IDK how defenses stop that.

Back
Top Bottom