The ideal prospect for the Miami Dolphins is Jerry Jeudy, not Tua | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ideal prospect for the Miami Dolphins is Jerry Jeudy, not Tua

I’ve been saying this for over 25 years now. Neither Marks brother was overly productive after leaving MIA.
They were merely good players with particular skill sets the Dolphins and Marino were able to take full advantage of.

Duper was a straight line speed guy while Clayton had amazing hops and the ball skills to go up and get a ball. I always wonder what Marino might have done with Jerry Rice and John Taylor. Guys that could turn a slant or short pass into a long score at any time. Those guys could obviously beat defenders over the top too.

Even though he was past his prime, I was sorta curious to see Marino go to Minnesota at the end of his career to throw to Randy Moss and Cris Carter. Imagine Marino in his prime throwing to both those guys in their primes.

But Marino to Rice or Moss was a match made in heaven we never were blessed to see. IDK how defenses stop that.
Agreed. 100%. Though Clayton had an “it” factor to him whereby he seemed to make the big catch at the crucial moments in ball games. But to your point, their skill levels were no where near a Rice or Moss. Closest we got to see of that was the one year Irving Fryar (past his prime but still damn good) and Marino went off together. Getting together earlier in their careers could have been pretty special too.

Just the same ol bad strategy. The Dolphins have been using this one for decades.

You have to understand the reason all Bama's receivers are viewed as highly as they are is because of Tua. Everybody eats because of him. Learn it.

If Hurts was still the quarterback Jeudy would still be catching 15 balls and 2 TD's. Maybe not that low, but he couldn't break 1000 yards receiving or more than 5 TD's.

Calvin Ridley couldn't even break 1000 yards receiving before Tua. Now they all threaten to do it.
Weird take.

I mean Lamb already has 7 TD's this season who of course you had ranked below Jeudy entering the season.

Weird take.

I mean Lamb already has 7 TD's this season who of course you had ranked below Jeudy entering the season.

Oklahoma has only played one defense that ranks inside the top 100 - Texas Tech’s 90th ranked defense.

The rest almost literally make up the worst defenses in the entire country. Kansas (106th), Houston (123rd), UCLA (124th), and FCS South Dakota.

Next up is Texas and their 104th ranked defense.

It’s obvious you don’t watch college football. I’ve watched Jalen Hurts try to play against real defenses. It wasn’t pretty. I’ve watched him not even be able to throw a simple 5 yard hitch. Couldn’t convert 3rd downs to save his life. If it wasn’t for his ability to run, he would’ve been benched long before the national championship game vs UGA.

He’s improved some though - and he improved because Tua helped him improve before he left.

Have you watched the games Oklahoma has played this year and observed the secondaries trying to cover or tackle? I have. All of em. They’ve tackled each other more than they’ve tackled Oklahoma’s receivers or the QB.

Go watch em and chart the number of tackles you see by the defenses. Not guys running out of bounds on their own. Real tackles. Chart the number of tackles you see by the first defender to the ball. I’ve already seen it.

Oklahoma has only played one defense that ranks inside the top 100 - Texas Tech’s 90th ranked defense.

The rest almost literally make up the worst defenses in the entire country. Kansas (106th), Houston (123rd), UCLA (124th), and FCS South Dakota.

It’s obvious you don’t watch college football. I’ve watched Jalen Hurts try to play against real defenses. It wasn’t pretty. I’ve watched him not even be able to throw a simple 5 yard hitch. Couldn’t convert 3rd downs to save his life. If it wasn’t for his ability to run, he would’ve been benched long before the national championship game vs UGA.

He’s improved some though - and he improved because Tua helped him improve before he left.

Have you watched the games Oklahoma has played this year and observed the secondaries trying to cover or tackle? I have. All of em. They’ve tackled each other more than they’ve tackled Oklahoma’s receivers or the QB.

Go watch em and chart the number of tackles you see by the defenses. Not guys running out of bounds on their own. Real tackles. Chart the number of tackles you see by the first defender to the ball. I’ve already seen it.
I did miss this weekend because I fell asleep watching Michigan vs Iowa. I was on the road between shifts and had limited coverage.

It's pretty obvious you're a homer though, despite your claims otherwise.

Alabama player are all top amongst their positions in the country, until it can be used to dispute the Tua train. I mean you cheer for Alabama, a team that has won historically for the most part regardless of who their QB was?

Yet somehow the only way for this team to be successful is if they draft this QB?

Bullshit. Football has always and will always be won in the trenches. Sure a great QB will elevate your game periodically, yet for sustained success it doesn't really mean much. Marino was an 8-10 win QB for the majority of his career with an average team around him.

How many QB's taken #1 are among the top 5 in the game today?

I did miss this weekend because I fell asleep watching Michigan vs Iowa. I was on the road between shifts and had limited coverage.

Alabama player are all top amongst their positions in the country, until it can be used to dispute the Tua train. I mean you cheer for Alabama, a team that has won historically for the most part regardless of who their QB was?

Yet somehow the only way for this team to be successful is if they draft this QB?

Bullshit. Football has always and will always be won in the trenches. Sure a great QB will elevate your game periodically, yet for sustained success it doesn't really mean much. Marino was an 8-10 win QB for the majority of his career with an average team around him.

I’m not sure what you’re arguing against. I’ve never said that the only way for Miami to be successful was if they drafted Tua.

Furthermore, if you’ve paid any attention to my posts you’d know I don’t even want to see Tua end up in Miami.

My posts are only to discuss Tua as a prospect. Don’t really have anything to do with Tua and the Dolphins.

I know what the difference is with Alabama’s team before Tua and after him. The difference is him, not the talent around him. We’ve always had talent.

All I’m saying is if Miami is smart they’ll pick Tua. But Miami typically ain’t real smart at the drafting thing. I wouldn’t be too concerned about Tua if I were you.

Lucid points on your part crawdad daddy!

The quality of opposition has to be factored into any comparative.

That's why back in the day when the U dominated and consistently

produced significantly more NFL ready players than ANY college

program before or after -- it was about playing the best.

Traditional football factories like Oklahoma beating up on

weaklings is nothing to be impressed by.

That said, I still want me some Creed Humphrey!

Lucid points on your part crawdad daddy!

The quality of opposition has to be factored into any comparative.

That's why back in the day when the U dominated and consistently

produced significantly more NFL ready players than ANY college

program before or after -- it was about playing the best.

Traditional football factories like Oklahoma beating up on

weaklings is nothing to be impressed by.

That said, I still want me some Creed Humphrey!

You would think quality of competition would be factored in when they hand out the Heisman Trophy. As long as they keep giving it to Oklahoma QB’s playing against air it’ll remain a farce.

They already gave it to one Oklahoma QB last year that flunked out of the SEC. The media is going to try to make two in a row this year. :lol:

Trevor Lawrence has 3 1st round WRs and a first round RB, and probably a 1st round OG and he's played terrible this yera.

Talent around you means little when you scout the player and not the box score.

You would think quality of competition would be factored in when they hand out the Heisman Trophy. As long as they keep giving it to Oklahoma QB’s playing against air it’ll remain a farce.

They already gave it to one Oklahoma QB last year that flunked out of the SEC. The media is going to try to make two in a row this year. :lol:

Yeah but Heisman was always a pop contest and probably worse now than ever...

That said, I suspect you might be a tad greedy and want natl champ + Heisman + Tua in Miami + ...

:lol:

Yeah but Heisman was always a pop contest and probably worse now than ever...

That said, I suspect you might be a tad greedy and want natl champ + Heisman + Tua in Miami + ...

**** the Heisman - Tua won that last year. He made his point against Oklahoma.

He wants that HOTY award this year.

Trevor Lawrence has 3 1st round WRs and a first round RB, and probably a 1st round OG and he's played terrible this yera.

Talent around you means little when you scout the player and not the box score.

He has definitely underwhelmed... To my eyes he doesn't look like he's being incredibly well coached tho.

Not an excuse -- but he's still a kid and his physical gifts are significant...

He has the balance of '19 to make his case and then all of '20.

He'll probably be OK.

So based on your phisophy he can’t be that good because other QBs from the past, different human beings, who went #1, haven’t become great...got it, that’s a sound philosophy..

That’s about the same logic as not taking Tua because past Alabama qbs haven’t become special in the NFL..I take it you believe in jinxes?

That’s about the same logic as not taking Tua because past Alabama qbs haven’t become special in the NFL..I take it you believe in jinxes?

Ridiculous as it is, I’ve read that extremely poor take many times over the years. There weren’t many great QB’s out of the University of Pittsburgh until there was one named Dan Marino.

People that buy into the notion that because something hasn’t happened yet means it can’t happen is among the most ignorant things I read from fans.

That, and too much talent surrounding a player somehow means they are overrated and likely won’t be very good at the next level. That’s one of the gems being cited against Tua on this board.

Ridiculous as it is, I’ve read that extremely poor take many times over the years. There weren’t many great QB’s out of the University of Pittsburgh until there was one named Dan Marino.

People that buy into the notion that because something hasn’t happened yet means it can’t happen is among the most ignorant things I read from fans.

That, and too much talent surrounding a player somehow means they are overrated and likely won’t be very good at the next level. That’s one of the gems being cited against Tua on this board.
Some folks dropped Pat Mahomes because of the conference he came from and the offense for which he played in..isolate the player executing his responsibilities...then grade player..stats are a product of surroundings, and can be affected both good and bad obviously, but the one true evaluation you have is to study the player without watching anyone else..jmo.

Back
Top Bottom