The Latest 2-round Mock From Kiper & Mcshay | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Latest 2-round Mock From Kiper & Mcshay

I wouldn't be. We only have 2 rb's on the roster. And if we want to use a fullback in our new scheme, we'll need one of those too. In rounds 5-6-7, does it really matter? Thats the time to find a gem rb

Probably not. I just don't think we can afford it. We could easily use 4 picks in our front 7 alone.

If no QB at #1, my Santa's list would be DT, DE, OL, OL, LB, WR, QB. You could easily remove QB from that list but I think it's time to start drafting our own stall of QBs on the depth chart.

Even if a QB falls to 13, the most prudent move for us would be a trade down. So many holes. But I couldn't justify not taking one of the top 3 Qbs if one falls directly upon our lap.

You're right. Only 2 RBs on the roster. That's worrisome. I may need to rework the wish list.

uh, no, it doesnt. A safety can play at the LOS. His strength is clearly at the LOS, that doesnt mean he wont be deep as a single high from time to time, in the box as a safety from time to time, lining up as the slot as a safety as well. Some report saying simply they see him as a safety literally doesnt say anything lol

I'd trust some report from the overall machine over the word/opinion of a forum poster...

Fitzpatrick bears a great resemblance to the skill set of McCourty, who happens to be one of the better FS in the NFL. Not to mention that the Pat's have a slot CB (Jones), much like we have one in McCain.

It's fairly obvious what your tea leaves are telling you about Fitzpatrick and his coverage grade, but reports are basically trying to tell you that Fitzpatrick is moving to Safety, which actually helps the team on the back end, as opposed to rotating Jones and McDonald.

I'd trust some report from the overall machine over the word/opinion of a forum poster...

Fitzpatrick bears a great resemblance to the skill set of McCourty, who happens to be one of the better FS in the NFL. Not to mention that the Pat's have a slot CB (Jones), much like we have one in McCain.

It's fairly obvious what your tea leaves are telling you about Fitzpatrick and his coverage grade, but reports are basically trying to tell you that Fitzpatrick is moving to Safety, which actually helps the team on the back end, as opposed to rotating Jones and McDonald.

Calling a player a safety doesnt mean he's playing single high every snap and that's it.

The player you referenced, McCourty plays all positions in the secondary even though on the depth chart he's a safety. That's all nappy is saying. Minkah will still be used all over the back end, just like he was last year.

Take a safety?
Because the Dolphins always blow or piss away their 2nd round pick?

Well, does the report differ than what I am saying? You're reading what you want clearly. It clearly says they see him at safety. It does not say they see him at Free. It does not say they see him as a single high type guy.

But you know what it does say? That they see him at safety long term, but McDonald and Jones being on the roster currently cast shadows on that fact. Now let me see. Jones...McDonald *GASP* TWO STRONG SAFETIES..oh nooo

I’m gonna be disappointed w/ Gary at 13 if that’s the pick

I have liked Oliver in round 1 since February. The second round pick seems questionable though.

Well, does the report differ than what I am saying? You're reading what you want clearly. It clearly says they see him at safety. It does not say they see him at Free. It does not say they see him as a single high type guy.

But you know what it does say? That they see him at safety long term, but McDonald and Jones being on the roster currently cast shadows on that fact. Now let me see. Jones...McDonald *GASP* TWO STRONG SAFETIES..oh nooo

You say Jones' name as if it hasn't been floated that we'd trade him for the other team's 7th in '21...and McDonald, the man with the $2 mill cap hit.

Have you watched either of these two play FS? Do you recall the explosive shot that were successful against us while one or the other was trailing the play point at a teammate over the blown coverage.

I'll concede the point that Fitzpatrick, as full time FS, will be in the slot and perform those duties...but I'd you don't think he's ot going to be on the back-end more often than not, I say you're sadly mistaken.

You say Jones' name as if it hasn't been floated that we'd trade him for the other team's 7th in '21...and McDonald, the man with the $2 mill cap hit.

Have you watched either of these two play FS? Do you recall the explosive shot that were successful against us while one or the other was trailing the play point at a teammate over the blown coverage.

I'll concede the point that Fitzpatrick, as full time FS, will be in the slot and perform those duties...but I'd you don't think he's ot going to be on the back-end more often than not, I say you're sadly mistaken.

I honestly dont even know what you are arguing DPhinz. I never even talked about Jones or McDonald can play single high. In fact, I think forcing Jones to play single high like hes done quite a bit, despite it not being his strength, does speak a little to Minkahs strengths. Do I think Minkah would be the better of the three at single high? Yes, but that would rob him of what hes so damn good at. So they are and were willing to put weaker safeties up top, to keep Minkah down low. Now I dont think the previous staff did a great job all together, but to me, we have 3 strong safeties on the roster, 3 guys that play better at the line. If they play Minkah at free and single high, I think he can be solid to good. But I dont think that is where he is at his potentially dominate state.

I'm ok with Gary or Oliver but not ok with yet another freaking safety and if we're drafting a QB in the first round in 2020 then why draft one with our 2nd pick now?

I think one of the key things we have to rethink during this rebuild is that we should absolutely not draft for need today. We have to think more "is this player going to be great" and forget which position they play. For the safety slot you could say we are set right now, but neither Jones nor TJ McDonald are part of the future, we'll need a young guy to partner Minkah.

I think one of the key things we have to rethink during this rebuild is that we should absolutely not draft for need today. We have to think more "is this player going to be great" and forget which position they play. For the safety slot you could say we are set right now, but neither Jones nor TJ McDonald are part of the future, we'll need a young guy to partner Minkah.
That's fair to say. My thinking is that we have so many holes that I'd rather start filling those first instead of drafting players to replace the ones that will leave in a year or two.

Of course we do but can you even named our two starting DE's? That's right, we don't have any. Our D-line needs a lot of help.
On offense we have Tunsil and not much else when it comes to the O-line. We need to fix both lines once and for all.

I am with you on that but we are so devoid of talent that almost any position should be considered.

Back
Top Bottom