The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why

Ok then other then having a big head and being unhappy. Why didn't Ajayi produce like he did in 2016 in 2017? Where were those 200 yard games? He had only two 100+ yard games in 2017. What happened? Why did Drake outproduce him on the same team in 2017? Danny Amendola is a 2 time Super Bowl champ who had over 150 yards in Super Bowl LII. Does that make him better than Landry? Not sure why we are bringing up team accomplishments when comparing RBs anyway. Lets stick to comparing players for the same season while they were on the same team. Ok I will take back my statement that Drake is a better RB than Ajayi. We will just wait until both their careers are over. However I will stick to my stance that Drake was a better RB for the Dolphins in 2017. He did prove that on the field.
and how far did that get us? because we rode Ajayi's back into the playoffs in 2016.

Last edited:
and how far did that get us? because we rode Ajayi's back into the playoffs in 2016.

Who was the QB in 2016? If Ajayi was as great as some claim. The Dolphins would have rode him to the playoffs in 2017 in spite of Cutler. Of course Ajayi looked below average in most games with the Dolphins in 2016 when defenses weren't scared of Cutler making them pay often enough.

The Pats, Bills, and Jets are all winnable games if we are legit.
If we go 5-1, then we should make the playoffs.
Brady is older and the other teams arethe spoilers

I believe we've been watching a dynasty in the making. Hind sight will show if I was wrong or right.

When you have a limited group of players called the NFL that have been through the selection systems of hundreds of teams to get to the NFL, it is fair to say these players are the elite of football. In this group there are often some players whose performance is noticeably better than others NFL players at the same position. I guess you can call them the elite of the elite. There are some NFL players who don't measure up. Color them gone.

The basic skill level of the NFL is so high that trying to differentiate them is quite a chore. We certainly try, using all kinds of analysis, but in the end I think that making claims of tremendous differences between NFL players is illusionary due to the effect of a number of uncontrolled variables, such as how good the coaching is, or if a players skill set is fully utilized vs. just using a portion of their skillset that best serves the team. In the end we each make our own judgments, which suits me just fine.

That’s like saying the basic level of the top 32 tech companies are so high that trying to differentiate them is quite the chore....in the end we make our own judgements. However, it’s pretty flipping obvious who the dynasty tech company is and who has the elite employees....it’s not Cisco and it ain’t Miami.

Last edited:
I feel we have the following elites:

HC - Adam Gase
QB - Ryan Tannehill. His performance continues to improve, even though he had some coaches who intentionally obstructed his growth.
RB - Frank Gore and the entire running back group, even though this group isn't fully operational yet.
WR - Danny Amendola and the entire wide receiver group, even though this group isn't fully operational yet.
TE - It looks to me like Mike Gesicki will be and entire TE group, even though this group isn't fully operational yet.
OL - Josh Sitton
DE - Cameron Wake
S - Minkah Fitzpatrick
CB - Bobby McCain, Tony Lippett and the entire group of Safeties and Cornerbacks

Of course this is my opinion, but I know enough not to be misled about the meaning of words like elite by people who believe that only their opinion is right!

RT probably doesn’t make it as an NFL QB if he wasn’t made to sit in the pocket and develop as a pass first QB his first 2 years. He was very raw and he had two coaches who knew the NFL and RT very well (not saying the best coaches). He was very good on the run and could have made more 1st downs with his feet, but they forced him to stand in the pocket and make the reads. Many more sacks. Far less productive drives, but they didn’t obstruct his development. They did the right thing in terms of long term development.

Last edited:
That’s like saying the basic level of the top 32 tech companies are so high that trying to differentiate them is quite the chore....in the end we make our own judgements. However, it’s pretty flipping obvious who the dynasty tech company is and who has the elite employees....it’s not Cisco and it ain’t Miami.

We not have been a dynasty for a few decades, but we have started to be one under Adam Gase. Looking at the change in the Dolphins performance since Gase arrived, especially under last years combinations of problems is enlightening. Some of the teams ratings actually improved over 2015 under dire circumstances. That's tough to do, especially after a 10-6, 2015 season.

The Packers loss of their QB for most of last year yielded about the same results as our losing our QB and a key LB'er for the entire year, a drugged up coach that had to be replaced on the fly, a key free agent who ran away on the day of a game, a hurricane causing a schedule change resulting in the loss of a home field of a game on opening day and replacing it with a bye week on opening day, the limited availability of our veteran center to practice during the week and some back to back to back travel dates that occurred immediately after the hurricane that effected the teams families, and finally three key players who choose to go off script to enhance their stats rather than run the plays called for. All this and we were still in the running for a wild card position until the last few games. Your know of this.

Most people would say the Packers have been a dynasty. They are right to use the past tense.

Most people would say the Patriots are a dynasty. This year may show that their dynasty is coming to an end. The beginning of the end for the Patriots may have been last year when we blew them out of the water with a backup retired QB with some broken ribs and a depleted OL using a lot of 2nd teamers. Were the Patriots really bad or were we really good? I think a little of both. I can see us looking back a few years from now and concluding that the pivot point where the Patriots dynasty started to falter and the Dolphins dynasty started to show itself was that game.

Based on all of the above I am really looking forward to the 2018 Dolphins season. Will we see a set of serial catastrophes like last year and just eke out a middle of the road record or will we see about the same number and kinds of problems most other NFL teams run into and get into the play offs? In my mind there is no question that the absurd 2017 type of year will not re-occur. We are going to be in the playoffs and I look forward the watching the season as we get there.

Last edited:
Who was the QB in 2016? If Ajayi was as great as some claim. The Dolphins would have rode him to the playoffs in 2017 in spite of Cutler. Of course Ajayi looked below average in most games with the Dolphins in 2016 when defenses weren't scared of Cutler making them pay often enough.
you keep missing the point. Im not trying to argue who was better between Ajayi and Drake. They are both great backs and we could have kept them both and have an amazing backfield for the next 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom