The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins Are A 10 Win Team And Here Is Why

that was only over a few games and how was the line worse with Drake?
eagles have a better line then the dolphins.....

And you could easily flip it to that was only a few games for Ajayi. 7 games is more then a few though

Why? This is the time for Dolphin fans to be optimistic because once the season starts reality sets in. I know I am looking forward to this year, we have so many more pieces than in recent memory, and I believe in Gase.

It usually starts in TC, if memory serves.

eagles have a better line then the dolphins.....
if you're saying Drake "outproduced" him because he had more yards than Ajayi did post trade, then it's because he got 63 more carries than Ajayi. So, that makes it pretty easy to "outproduce" him.

Again, look at the stats. Drake 4.8 ypc; Ajayi 5.8 ypc since joining Eagles.

I've never seen you put stats in your post. You should start.

if you're saying Drake "outproduced" him because he had more yards than Ajayi did post trade, then it's because he got 63 more carries than Ajayi. So, that makes it pretty easy to "outproduce" him.

Again, look at the stats. Drake 4.8 ypc; Ajayi 5.8 ypc since joining Eagles.

I've never seen you put stats in your post. You should start.
Stats are easy to look up. And of course Ajayi had a better ypc on fewer carries with a better line. Fact is Drake out produced him. If you want you can look up both of their yards with the dolphins since that's the same line. I'm sure you will find a reason why that's not valid though

Stats are easy to look up. And of course Ajayi had a better ypc on fewer carries with a better line. Fact is Drake out produced him. If you want you can look up both of their yards with the dolphins since that's the same line. I'm sure you will find a reason why that's not valid though
If stats are easy to look them up, then do it as a support to your argument. Mods should lead by example.

I'll help you out since you want me to put stats. Ajayi had 465 yards for 3.4 ypc with Miami. Drake had 644 for 4.8 ypc with 3 TDs to Jays 0. And the amount of carries is almost even

and in 2016, Ajayi averaged 4.9 ypc for the season, had 3 200 yard games, and lead us to the playoffs. You build around that, not trade it away and say we're better off for it.

And I'm not trying to take anything away from Drake. He is a great back and I'm excited to watch him this year, but how many games has he started in a season? Can he play at a high level all year?

Point is, it made much more sense to keep both of them and split time or even having Drake take over on carries at some point. If you work Ballage in there, that could have become one of the deadliest backfields in the league over the next few years.

Ajayi was adequately replaced twice last year, the run game in general was better after he left. Good player but not worth the BS. Likely we will end up saying the same thing about Landry

Here's the thing: You are projecting a net loss in offensive production simply because of the loss of Landry. Miami did more than one thing in replacing Landry, including drafting a real TE (which Landry de facto replaced many times, in the middle of the field), and also acquiring two legit slots, plus upgrading Grant, etc. My position is that it's inarguable that what Miami did overall with the whole receiver group will more than replace Landry. Offensive production will be higher this year from WRs and TEs and backs, overall -- AS A GROUP, which helps the team. Mark it down.

I'm telling you ahead of time that this will be the case, if RT stays healthy and the group as a whole stays healthy.

And I'd even be willing to make you a friendly little wager on that, if you are willing!

LD

Was merely referring to the slot position, but we can talk (and even wager ) the offensive production as a whole. For starters, RT will be the main contributor in that. What’s the ultimate way to measure that? I’d suggest points scored is the best indicator as all forms have mitigating factors.

To your point, just because they’re more well rounded doesn’t translate to more production from the WR group. I’d argue they’re less rounded because they’ve diluted their talent. The top half of the teams they play can cover man or zone and have little issue. Although Gase is getting better applying his system to his personel, he still needs better talent. I’m no longer optimistic Parker can do the job. He had his chances. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he does. Stills may repeat 2016 form, but after him teams can cover Amendola and Wilson. Gesicki is most likely a year away.

So who’s the go to receiver when it’s 4th and 4 and D’s playing the run? Who can they rely on to make a big play when RT throws it up? They’re going to try Parker and hope he does. That’s not the same as throwing it up to a WR1. Who’s going to fire up their offense with a tough play that gets them rallying? Who can they rely on week in and week out that plays banged up and rarely gets hurt?

Last edited:
If we traded two fourths for Ajayi and Landry this forum would proclaim we're winning the superbowl.
Not for Landry. No slot WR has ever lifted a team to the super bowl.

and in 2016, Ajayi averaged 4.9 ypc for the season, had 3 200 yard games, and lead us to the playoffs. You build around that, not trade it away and say we're better off for it.

And I'm not trying to take anything away from Drake. He is a great back and I'm excited to watch him this year, but how many games has he started in a season? Can he play at a high level all year?

Point is, it made much more sense to keep both of them and split time or even having Drake take over on carries at some point. If you work Ballage in there, that could have become one of the deadliest backfields in the league over the next few years.

Fans excited for Drake/Gore...could have been Ajayi/Drake.

Fans excited for Kilgore/Sitton...could have been Pouncy/Sitton.

Fans excited for Amendola/Wilson...could have been Landry.

Fans excited for Phillips/Godchaux...could have been Suh/Phillips/Godchaux.

Oh but the personalities are too much to control..... know what that means? Poor leadership. That’s the patients running the asylum. Know what cures that? Winning!

I know which team takes them to 10 plus wins and which one does not.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd see the day somebody pimped Pouncy.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/mike-pouncey/6167

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/daniel-kilgore/6315

Kilgore was better last year, not to mention the intangibles effect

Look deeper pal...per PFF, SF run blocking was 7th in the league; anchored by an elite player in Staley. Miami’s was last by a wide margin. Both PFF scores are close, which means Kilgore isn’t a good run blocker either. My point is SF had a much better o-line aiding in Kilgore’s slightly higher grade. Put him on Miami and see what happens.

Pouncy had a little higher pass blocking grade than Kilgore based mostly on sacks allowed per snap.

Many experts say run blocking has a lot to do with the pressure poor Tackle and TE blocking has on the interior. In other words, Kilgore was aided in run blocking by a great supporting cast.

E6996CD1-77B3-4959-B9FF-CB80D1188D3E.png

Last edited:
Look deeper pal...per PFF, SF run blocking was 7th in the league. Miami’s was last by a wide margin. Pouncy had a little higher pass blocking grade than Kilgore based mostly on sacks allowed per snap. Many experts say run blocking has a lot to do with the pressure poor Tackle and TE blocking has on the interior.

View attachment 12890
Exactly Pouncy is a better pas s protector but he is very poor as a run blocker. Kilgore is more complete. You know week 17 Kilgore rated as the best center in the NFL for the week? Pouncy can't do that anymore

Back
Top Bottom