***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
phunwin said:
The more shots Toine defers to Wade, the better off y'all will be. Chances are, Toine was told right upfront "we've given you a fat new contract you didn't really deserve and that we'll surely regret in two years. So, you can stop chucking up bad shots now, okay?"

When he wants to be, Toine is a good passer, so IF they can keep him on the same page as the Dynamic Duo, and IF they can give him enough playing time to keep him happy without killing the defense (since when he's in, Posey's probably out) and IF they can keep a leash on his tendency to jack up ill-advised threes, Walker will be a huge help. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath, even if the very early results are promising.

With the reputation Ron Artest has it was funny to see how bad Toine was making him look off the dribble.....We should have fed Toine on RON down the stretch...instead it was the Dwayne Wade show....

No matter...long season...it's detroit and miami again...lets skip the season and lets play a 7 game series.....why bother with the rest of these 80 games.

phunwin said:
:sleep:
Same old song and dance, every year. Hell, at least the Heat took the Pistons to a 7th game.

We'll see, this year WILL be different. Lets se what the Pistons do without Rick C. or Larry coaching them.

ether79 said:
We'll see, this year WILL be different. Lets se what the Pistons do without Rick C. or Larry coaching them.

Please. The Pistons players had grown tired of Brown's constant searching for the next job. If anything, they're going to be playing harder this year, because they've got a chip on their shoulder about the whole LB thing.

And frankly, I don't understand all the love Indiana's getting. They lost Reggie Miller and added that Jasukevicius guy and Danny Granger. Oh yeah, and the completely insane Ron Artest is still there with the only-slightly-less-insane Stephen Jackson. Where can I place a bet that one of those two will get T'ed up in the final minutes of a playoff game and cost the Pacers a win?

The Eastern champ will be Miami or Detroit. That's the bottom line. If Miami can keep Antoine Walker and Jason Williams on the straight and narrow, and have Shaq reasonably healthy for the playoffs, they're probably winning the East. If not, it's probably Detroit.

phunwin said:
Please. The Pistons players had grown tired of Brown's constant searching for the next job. If anything, they're going to be playing harder this year, because they've got a chip on their shoulder about the whole LB thing.

And frankly, I don't understand all the love Indiana's getting. They lost Reggie Miller and added that Jasukevicius guy and Danny Granger. Oh yeah, and the completely insane Ron Artest is still there with the only-slightly-less-insane Stephen Jackson. Where can I place a bet that one of those two will get T'ed up in the final minutes of a playoff game and cost the Pacers a win?

The Eastern champ will be Miami or Detroit. That's the bottom line. If Miami can keep Antoine Walker and Jason Williams on the straight and narrow, and have Shaq reasonably healthy for the playoffs, they're probably winning the East. If not, it's probably Detroit.

You could be right but to declare anything in such an early stage of the season is wrong I'm just trying to raise the ire of some for fun. I think its going to be very intersting to see all of the issues you talked of play out and the issue of Flip not being able to do much in the playoffs with his teams. To write off Indiana so quickly though is completely and utterly wrong. They have a very talented team, if they can gel and if Artest can keep his games "missed" to a low number I think we have a good chance of gettting a top 3 seed. There is no reason to think the Pacers can't make noise in the playoffs.

The Pacers haven beaten the Heat 14 out of the last 15 times they have played. 18 out of 21 including post season and Heat fans are already counting Indiana out saying it's between Miami and Detroit. LOL!!!! I think you need to beat the Pacers more than once every 15 games before you start declaring you are better than them.

It's more Likely to come down to Indiana vs Detroit until the Heat prove they can beat the Pacers on a consistent basis.

Satchboogie said:
The Pacers haven beaten the Heat 14 out of the last 15 times they have played. 18 out of 21 including post season and Heat fans are already counting Indiana out saying it's between Miami and Detroit. LOL!!!! I think you need to beat the Pacers more than once every 15 games before you start declaring you are better than them.

It's more Likely to come down to Indiana vs Detroit until the Heat prove they can beat the Pacers on a consistent basis.

Na man, based on what I've seen out of the Pacers 2 games this season they're done. Don't you know Artest is certifiable and the Heat and Pistons are loaded with talent that Indiana can't match.

it is 2 games into the season i think you should hold your playoff predictions for a little longer...rick carlisle is a great coach, look what he did with that team last year. Plus if they get home court they could be hard to beat. Not a team i want to play

Satchboogie said:

And WHAT exactly does any of that have to do with this current Heat team?

Spout off the record of last season and this game.......all close games....and all of the wins last year by the pacers were in overtime.....

Sorry....It's between Miami and Detroit......very weak post dude....very weak post.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
2 games into the season and people are calling a 2-0 team done LMAO!
As for me I was being sarcastic in case you didn't catch that.;)

Section126 said:
And WHAT exactly does any of that have to do with this current Heat team?

Spout off the record of last season and this game.......all close games....and all of the wins last year by the pacers were in overtime.....

Sorry....It's between Miami and Detroit......very weak post dude....very weak post.

Indiana just beat you in your own house. You have no facts to back up your ridiculous claim.....

The last prediction I saw of yours was a couple of years ago when you claimed Peyton Manning (before he signed hs latest deal) was a lock to come to Miami.

I think your latest claim will turn out to be about as accurate as that one!!!

LOL!!!!

Satchboogie said:
Indiana just beat you in your own house. You have no facts to back up your ridiculous claim.....

The last prediction I saw of yours was a couple of years ago when you claimed Peyton Manning (before he signed hs latest deal) was a lock to come to Miami.

LOL!!!!

No his facts are that the Pacers played perfect ball and still only beat the Heat by 3. Now that is if you consider 11 turnovers and being out rebounded playing perfect ball.

edit: and Artest playing bad defense most of the game(which is rare), plus that 9 min FG-less stretch.

Satchboogie said:

LOL!!!!

Are you on something? That Peyton manning thread was a joke thread that one of the mods started......

As for facts......what facts do you want? Miami and Detroit are still the class of the East.

ether79 said:
No his facts are that the Pacers played perfect ball and still only beat the Heat by 3. Now that is if you consider 11 turnovers and being out rebounded playing perfect ball.

Hitting three 35 foot three's with one second on the shot clock, shooting 58% in the first half, and getting ticky tack foul after ticky tack foul whenever the Heat closed within 1 was nice.......and they still tried to choke the win away.

edit: and Artest playing bad defense most of the game(which is rare), plus that 9 min FG-less stretch.

I Hope you Pacers fans aren't really banking much on this win......

Go to the back of the bus already....The front is reserved for the Heaters and Pistons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom