***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 773 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
ac_lanham said:
RULE NO. 8
OUT-OF-BOUNDS
AND THROW-IN
Section I—Player
The player is out-of-bounds when he
touches the floor or any object on or
outside a boundary. For location of a
player in the air, his position is that from
which he last touched the floor.

http://www.nba.com/media/rule_book_2005-06.pdf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qDdzU8Dxj4

He caught the pass in the air which means he should have been established in the frontcourt...we can nit pick about this all day and night....congrats Heat, you guys won good luck in game 6

Oh come on man you cant make a call like that in the finals....if you really wanna argue a call then argue the continuation Shaq got...that was BS :lol:

Alex44 said:
Oh come on man you cant make a call like that in the finals....if you really wanna argue a call then argue the continuation Shaq got...that was BS :lol:
Well if you can't make that call then you can't make the weak arse foul call either right? :)

ac_lanham said:
Well if you can't make that call then you can't make the weak arse foul call either right? :)

Like the one Dirk got :tongue:

Dirk pushed his back and he got his wrist slapped....Id call it a foul, when your in the air that stuff affects you a lot

Either way it was a great game, you cant hold it against Wade either...he just plays the game

Alex44 said:
Like the one Dirk got :tongue:

Dirk pushed his back and he got his wrist slapped....Id call it a foul, when your in the air that stuff affects you a lot

Either way it was a great game, you cant hold it against Wade either...he just plays the game

I agree, great game

ac_lanham said:
RULE NO. 8
OUT-OF-BOUNDS
AND THROW-IN
Section I—Player
The player is out-of-bounds when he
touches the floor or any object on or
outside a boundary. For location of a
player in the air, his position is that from
which he last touched the floor.

http://www.nba.com/media/rule_book_2005-06.pdf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qDdzU8Dxj4

He caught the pass in the air which means he should have been established in the frontcourt...we can nit pick about this all day and night....congrats Heat, you guys won good luck in game 6

See, now speaking of a "puss" call to make, that would've been one.

If you wonna get technical, that "palming" call, well, yeah, guards do it on every possession to tell you the truth. Contact is something definitely worthy of a call, especially the slap of an arm while another player has his hand pushing forward your back. However, what you're focusing on is something that you CANNOT call in the closing seconds of a game. You just can't.

You know what though? Dallas fans should be ASHAMED of themselves for complaining. Josh Howard previously missed TWO FREE THROWS to go up by 3. Then, you've still got 1.9 seconds to get off a good look, and either way, Dirk can shoot over anybody...yet he calls a dumb timeout. Seriously, look within and realize that Dallas lost this game & Miami won, not the refs. :rolleyes2

I just wonder how bananas you guys would be going if the shoe were on the other foot and the Mavs won on freethrows. Especially Sec126!!

Stacks said:
I just wonder how bananas you guys would be going if the shoe were on the other foot and the Mavs won on freethrows. Especially Sec126!!
I'd of gone bananas over whichever idiot missed the 2 FT's & called that timeout.

My guess is that it would've been Antoine Walker. Sorry, Toine. :lol:

And again, no offense to Josh because he's one of my favorite players. He plays his heart out for every second he's on the floor; just unfortunate for him that he made a bonehead play. Btw, this isn't the first time - he did it in the NCAA with Wake Forest. They were like down 1 or something with 0 timeouts left, and he called a timeout. That's either a tech and/or loss of possession. Wake Forest went onto lose that game and get eliminated from the tourny. :smackhead

I'm not a fan of either team but I can't wait for tuesday night. Great series.

Wade says he got hit twice on the way to the basket....and that some people thought it wasnt a foul but it definitly was....his word is good enough for me, as great a basketball player as he is he is a better person....he wouldnt say it if he didnt think it was true, he would just say he was lucky to get the call (as he has in the past)

Blueprint said:
See, now speaking of a "puss" call to make, that would've been one.

If you wonna get technical, that "palming" call, well, yeah, guards do it on every possession to tell you the truth. Contact is something definitely worthy of a call, especially the slap of an arm while another player has his hand pushing forward your back. However, what you're focusing on is something that you CANNOT call in the closing seconds of a game. You just can't.

You know what though? Dallas fans should be ASHAMED of themselves for complaining. Josh Howard previously missed TWO FREE THROWS to go up by 3. Then, you've still got 1.9 seconds to get off a good look, and either way, Dirk can shoot over anybody...yet he calls a dumb timeout. Seriously, look within and realize that Dallas lost this game & Miami won, not the refs. :rolleyes2

Explain to me why you can't call that? If it's a violation doesn't it warrant being called? Right? The refs blew that backcourt call as they've blown many throughout the series. Am I pissed with Howard? Hell yeah I am...he shouldn't have missed the shots but somebody's lying about the timeout call because him and the refs are telling two different stories...but there's still one more game to be played

Miami has this seris in the bag but let me say a few things aboutlast night

1) Wade was again money in the clutch
2) the refs were horrible again, Posey takes a charge one play and is called for a blocking foul. Dallas was raping Wade all night and were allowed to do so but on the other end Haslem just touches Dirk and is called for a foul
3) Miami is going to win this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom