***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 775 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
FinNasty said:
On a side note... Dirk has been pathetic this entire series. He hasnt even shown up. Terry has clearly been the best player on their team...

I dont know whether to criticize Dirk... or praise the hell out of Haslem and Posey. (although I think it is a combination of both)

Yeah, it's good to see Terry get some exposure. Nobody knew about him when he toiled in Atlanta. I did, because he carried my fantasy team. Now people are finding out how good this guy is. As for Dirk, he has been somewhat subpar, all of a sudden Terry is the go to guy. I don't think he's been pathetic, he hit some big shots yesterday, but like you said, Posey and Haslem are working hard. Dirk can make up for it with monster efforts at home. Dirk's story in this series has yet to be told.

anybody else tired of the Mavs whining? they have blamed everybody but themselves for losses. Cuban is the whiniest owner ever, Johnson never gives credit to the other team for playing better he just whines about the smallest things. they have no room to complain about the timeout. Howard signaled the timeout and said timeout maybe it was a question to Avery Johnson but don't ever say timeout right by the ref if you don't want one. the foul on Wade was clearly a foul. I will admit it was rather weak but they will always call that when a star like Dirk, Wade, O'Neal, etc. gets grabbed on the arm or gets tripped up and Wade was both tripped a little and grabbed.

phinman1 said:
I thought the last foul call on Wade was a joke. In a crucial game like that, and in that situation, unless there is solid contact, the ref needs to swallow the whistle on that play. Wade had no chance in hell of making that desperation shot.
That being said, Dallas had it's chances and blew it again. They blew crucial free throws all night long, and that timeout thing at the end was a debacle. It's rare, but the best team might not win the series. I still think Dallas has an excellent shot at winning the final two, it all depends on their mentality. The week of hell in Miami could have left them shellshocked.

That is what made it a foul.

Wade had a clear path to teh basket and that "desperation" shot was going to be a LAYUP.

The Pistures were posted...it was a foul...actually two of them.

As for favorable foul calls....I all ready pointed out how that holds zero water.

I'll pile on further....

Dirk in this post season has set a record for free throw attempts for a post season...HE HAS BROKEN MICHAEL JORDAN'S record.....Ya think that maybe he gets some favorable calls?

And again...the heat has been out shot at the free throw line in 14 out of 23 games in these playoffs. Yet..they are the most aggressive Points in the Paint team in the league.

Man, look - Dallas as a team and an organization is just making a huge full out've themselves. I've always respected Avery, but I have lost a load of that respect. Mark Cuban is a ****ing idiot, and that has always been factual. However, now they've got the FANS backing that up. Dallas had a Golden Opportunity to go up by 2, more likely 3. What happens? Josh Howard misses two ****ing free throws. Sorry, but if that was Wade who missed those two free throws, bad call on the other end or not, I'd be calling HIM out, not the refs.

Blueprint said:
Man, look - Dallas as a team and an organization is just making a huge full out've themselves. I've always respected Avery, but I have lost a load of that respect. Mark Cuban is a ****ing idiot, and that has always been factual. However, now they've got the FANS backing that up. Dallas had a Golden Opportunity to go up by 2, more likely 3. What happens? Josh Howard misses two ****ing free throws. Sorry, but if that was Wade who missed those two free throws, bad call on the other end or not, I'd be calling HIM out, not the refs.

And Miami has done it before

see: Shaq, 'toine, JDub, Etc.

ya i didnt read all the posts and didnt see who was saying it was bad refs...but i have to agree...wade would drive in there, throw up a dumb shot and just because he misses it totally, the refs call a foul, ummm no...when there is no contact at all, its not a foul....the worst part of it is that the final foul call gave the game to the heat....a game the mavs, the better team imo, should have won.....who many foul shots did wade get...good god....take it easy reffs, just cause he airs a layup doesnt mean he was fouled...cause if that was the case, when harris air balled his layup, where was the foul there?

marke27 said:
ya i didnt read all the posts and didnt see who was saying it was bad refs...but i have to agree...wade would drive in there, throw up a dumb shot and just because he misses it totally, the refs call a foul, ummm no...when there is no contact at all, its not a foul....the worst part of it is that the final foul call gave the game to the heat....a game the mavs, the better team imo, should have won.....who many foul shots did wade get...good god....take it easy reffs, just cause he airs a layup doesnt mean he was fouled...cause if that was the case, when harris air balled his layup, where was the foul there?

Blueprint...post eh damn picture again.

This is beyond ridiculous already.

Again...It's Dirk that set the record for foul shots in a post season. Not Wade.

marke27 said:

send the refs home. you know who would win the series then.

phinman1 said:
I thought the last foul call on Wade was a joke. In a crucial game like that, and in that situation, unless there is solid contact, the ref needs to swallow the whistle on that play. Wade had no chance in hell of making that desperation shot.

That being said, Dallas had it's chances and blew it again. They blew crucial free throws all night long, and that timeout thing at the end was a debacle. It's rare, but the best team might not win the series. I still think Dallas has an excellent shot at winning the final two, it all depends on their mentality. The week of hell in Miami could have left them shellshocked.
I love how the Dallas faithful keep drilling that point home. Clearly the BEST team is somehow losing these games. Clearly Dallas is the better, deeper, more talented team. Give.me.a.f'n.break. The BEST team is the one with the trophy after a 7 game series. There is NO other plausible definition of BEST.

The arrogance goes hand-in-hand with the crying about officiating. Come off that pedistal or be knocked the f down.

Nah, don't worry grasshopper. I'm pretty hopeful the Heat will in fact win.

here we go
14vmbte-1.jpg

clear.gif

I am gonna use AC's own little gif file to illustrate it.

FOUL #1: Devin Harris takes a swipe/grab of Wade's right arm.

FOUL #2: Devin Harris puts out a knee and leg and trips up Wade.

FOUL #3: Dirk puts a hand on hip and moves it onto the back of Wade while he is in the air.

Trust me..WADE DOESN'T MISS a LAYUP at the basket like that...there had to be a reason.

As for the Devin Harris non call...how bout the BS blocking foul on Posey that was a charge on Dirk?

How bout the phantom foul on Haslem to give him his 5th foul. Explain why he then fouled out on another bs call...

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

marke27 said:

Somebody call Einstein. We have a new theory on relativity. The better the team, the more often they lose. An additional caveat - the better team is often cheated out of being the better resultant (made that one up) by the zebras! Nobel prize here I come!!!!

great pic Nick1... another good angle of the foul.

DPlus47 said:
send the refs home. you know who would win the series then.

If this were 1997...the Heat would have won in 5 already.

BUT if this were 1997..the Mavs would have gotten smashed by San Antonio..so this is moot.

Section126 said:
http://nelsok.com/images/72102485.gif

I am gonna use AC's own little gif file to illustrate it.

FOUL #1: Devin Harris takes a swipe/grab of Wade's right arm.

FOUL #2: Devin Harris puts out a knee and leg and trips up Wade.

FOUL #3: Dirk puts a hand on hip and moves it onto the back of Wade while he is in the air.

Trust me..WADE DOESN'T MISS a LAYUP at the basket like that...there had to be a reason.

As for the Devin Harris non call...how bout the BS blocking foul on Posey that was a charge on Dirk?

How bout the phantom foul on Haslem to give him his 5th foul. Explain why he then fouled out on another bs call...

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

The KNEE trip is blatant. Didn't even notice that one, until it started playing in live motion. It was jagged earlier for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom