***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 777 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
phinman1 said:
I really don't care about the total number of free throws taken by a given player or team. It will equal out. In Dallas, watch them get all the favorable calls, and it will be the Heat fans complaining.

No, the focus of my post was on Wade's final drive, and that alone. I have seen the replays, and his fluidity of movement looked uninterrupted in all aspects, that is, he didn't look to be knocked off his stride in the least. Certainly nothing that would turn it into what it was: a circus shot. Again, a ref simply should not make that call in that situation unless there is blatant contact.
Dude it's no point arguing, let the series go back to Dallas so this thing can be over

RobFins2005 said:
Heat fans would never admit they got a break in any scenario.

I will admit that I took a grocery bag full of $100 bills to Avery Johnson before the game asking him to intentionally foul SHAQ to put them in the penalty in the 4th and in overtime.

It worked.

Thank me.

I also gave Howard a suitcase full of $20's to miss two free throws and call that timeout.

phinman1 said:
I really don't care about the total number of free throws taken by a given player or team. It will equal out. In Dallas, watch them get all the favorable calls, and it will be the Heat fans complaining.

No, the focus of my post was on Wade's final drive, and that alone. I have seen the replays, and his fluidity of movement looked uninterrupted in all aspects, that is, he didn't look to be knocked off his stride in the least. Certainly nothing that would turn it into what it was: a circus shot. Again, a ref simply should not make that call in that situation unless there is blatant contact.
I'm a Heat fan. I made it a personal mantra not to complain about officials.
Not b/c I am self-righteous. I just find that when my team loses, there are always players f'ing up I can complain about. And when Wannstach used to coach my favorite team, he was like the complaint department jackpot. Complain about officials?? You have to be ******ed. How many times does EVERY intelligent, unbiased person have to tell you, it GOES BOTH WAYS before you understand...

greatwade said:
I love how the Dallas faithful keep drilling that point home. Clearly the BEST team is somehow losing these games. Clearly Dallas is the better, deeper, more talented team. Give.me.a.f'n.break. The BEST team is the one with the trophy after a 7 game series. There is NO other plausible definition of BEST.

The arrogance goes hand-in-hand with the crying about officiating. Come off that pedistal or be knocked the f down.

Nah, don't worry grasshopper. I'm pretty hopeful the Heat will in fact win.

I'm not part of the Dallas faithful. I simply hate the Heat and have money on the Mavs. Also, if you read my prior posts, I haven't really complained about the refs, the wounds Dallas are incurring are self inflicted. Yeah, I think Dallas is the better team, and that won't change.

You gonna knock me down?

phinman1 said:
I'm not part of the Dallas faithful. I simply hate the Heat and have money on the Mavs. Also, if you read my prior posts, I haven't really complained about the refs, the wounds Dallas are incurring are self inflicted. Yeah, I think Dallas is the better team, and that won't change.

You gonna knock me down?
figuratively I hope. I'm a lover, not a fighter. Judge's orders.

EDIT see the bold - I'm getting this from everywhere - relatives in WISC, friends in CALI, NY, NC. None like Dallas, just hate the Heat. WTF is that all about? Hate the player, not the game I suppose.

if you want to shoot more freethrows than the other team you do what?
follow these simple instructions:

-shoot jumpers 75% of the time
-intentionally foul their center when he gets the ball deep in the post early in the game
-intentionally foul their center late in the game before you're in the penalty
-intentionally foul their center late in the game so he'll miss free throws

sounds like a strategy that's sure to get your team to the line more than the other guys.

Section126 said:
So if Dirk shoots wade with a shotgun...then call the foul?

Tripping someone is okay?

I like your perfect world.

Lets make a deal.

I will take back this foul call...and you give us back the BS foul call that put Dirk on the line to tie it.

That way...the Heat is up 2 and dallas has the ball with 1.9 left....and Howard never gets a chance to choke.

DEAL?

That call on Dirk looked to be BS as well. Two wrongs don't make a right, didn't your momma ever tell you that?:tongue: As for your scenario, I wish I could make it so.

phinman1 said:

You gonna knock me down?
let's talk about this, I disagree

Shaq is better than all of the Dallas centers combined, none of them can guard him single handedly. Wade has shown that he also can't be stopped and he is better than anybody on Dallas, best player in the seris. Dirk, Terry and Howard are good players. Stackhouse is a good BENCH player but is on the bench for good reason. but as you've seen Posey and Haslem can both take on Dirk and be effective defenders of him. Posey is the best bench player in this seris IMO. Miami has more proven clutch players (Wade and Payton), more experience (Payton, Shaq, Mourning) and leadership (Shaq , Mourning and Wade by example)

San Antonio is a much better team than Dallas.

But thats what tends to happen. The better team loses. Refs help.

The Knicks are probably the BEST, DEEPEST and SEXIEST team in the league. My opinion will not change based on these finals.

Section126 said:
FOUL #2: Devin Harris puts out a knee and leg and trips up Wade.

GOOD.........GOD!

How the HELL did we all miss that? It's so blatant and obvious.

This discussion is officially OVER. There is NO DEBATE..

another thing about the foul on Wade, if he wasn't fouled than why was he off balance after throwing up the lay-up? he wouldn't be off balance if nobody touched him

greatwade said:
figuratively I hope. I'm a lover, not a fighter. Judge's orders.

EDIT see the bold - I'm getting this from everywhere - relatives in WISC, friends in CALI, NY, NC. None like Dallas, just hate the Heat. WTF is that all about? Hate the player, not the game I suppose.

Good question. But you must admit there are alot of unlikable players on the Heat. Jason Williams, GP, Walker. Mourning doesn't exactly carry himself lightly. These are guys, rightly or wrongly, who aren't very popular with alot of fans. Also, alot of people are tired of Shaq, and want to see him lose. Riley also brings his share of people who don't like him.

As for me, I really don't like Wade. Why? Don't know, just don't. Part of being a Sports fan is making nonsensical decisions, and that's one of mine. But again, I have major funds on Dallas, and seeing that slip away can inspire.....hatred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom