***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 780 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
bj armstrong is on the hot list right now talking about the call...said like ya wade did the right thing taking it to the hoop, dirk didnt foul him but the ref thought it was a foul so he called it....ya he is really stumbling over the question of was it a foul...they said maybe there legs touched but........

ac_lanham said:
I'm going to argue, just see pic below

Whambulance2-1.jpg

One call didn't cost them the last 3 games did it?? The worse team just keeps winning. 3-2 baby. 3-2.:cooldude:

Alex44 said:
Yes he did, but are you really going to call that in a finals game?

A foul is one thing, but calling that is totally different, If it was Dallas and Miami won that game...I would be really happy we won but Id be disappointed we won that way

Why would you NOT is what I'm trying to figure out...Even if the refs didn't blow the call you can't just disregard a rule because it's the Finals can you?

marke27 said:
actually no your right i will give you that, but as devin harris said, hey we are driving to the hoop to and not getting the same calls...i guess thats my arguement

what argument.....dude i had alot of resepct for avery b4 but he's a whino man

Alex44 said:
Yes he did, but are you really going to call that in a finals game?

A foul is one thing, but calling that is totally different, If it was Dallas and Miami won that game...I would be really happy we won but Id be disappointed we won that way

ummm when theres a back court violation you HAVE to call it....what the hell you talking about, would you really call that in a finals game...o wow its a rule.

marke27 said:
ummm when theres a back court violation you HAVE to call it....what the hell you talking about, would you really call that in a finals game...o wow its a rule.

it was very close and tough to see.....cuban didnt argue it until they told him about it......and no one else on the team argued that....in real time its hard to see...i was there and we didnt even mention it

ac_lanham said:
Why would you NOT is what I'm trying to figure out...Even if the refs didn't blow the call you can't just disregard a rule because it's the Finals can you?

no, but if we could go back and change things in the past, and make every widdle thing perrrrfect, I'd have kissed that supermodel before she OD'd. The refs are human. Just play the damn game.

But after all this is the perfect forum for whining. But can't we get back to Howard's free throws??

Wade, Nowitzski and Terry aside, ... all due respect, ... but this has really been an unattractive final, in my humble opinion...

oh how i long for the days when the NBA finals involved team basketball, 80% free throw shooting and boring isolation plays reserved only for Dominique Wilkins...

trate121hb said:
it was very close and tough to see.....cuban didnt argue it until they told him about it......and no one else on the team argued that....in real time its hard to see...i was there and we didnt even mention it

well i was watching it on tv and i yelled it out right away....i had to check on the rule book to make sure that he has to be established in the back court to catch it , but i was right and the refs should know that right away and called it.

ac_lanham said:

No but you can let the players play....in fast motion its not as obvious Wade was in the frontcourt trust me, and what if your the ref you blow the whistle and get it wrong?

If the guy is standing there dribbling the ball and runs into the backcourt yes you call it, but on the inbound pass? If there is ANY doubt in your mind you just cant call it

greatwade said:
no, but if we could go back and change things in the past, and make every widdle thing perrrrfect, I'd have kissed that supermodel before she OD'd. The refs are human. Just play the damn game.

But after all this is the perfect forum for whining. But can't we get back to Howard's free throws??

Yes Howard choked I agree, all this may have been moot if he had hit the foul shots BUT the Wade foul would've been moot too if they had made the call. Cuban may not have known it until after the fact but on TV you could definitely see he caught be ball in the air while being established in the frontcourt...I definitely saw that but didn't know the rule

Alex44 said:
Just as much as you say we would be exploding if they called the same foul against Miami, you would be complaining if they called that against Dallas

Come on a foul is one thing but do you really want the game decided on a backcourt violation that was barely even one? You at least have to let them play the play out

Was it a violation? Yes, but you at least have to let them play the play in that situation

What? Well, then I suppose you agree with me that the foul on Wade was better off left uncalled, letting the players play in that situation unless the foul is egregious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom