***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 926 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I really want Marcus Banks in here. Eventually, we're gonna need a PG for the future, and he can be that, believe me. Excellent defender who would only improve dramatically with our coaches, and if he ever develops an outside jumper, he's gonna be a fantastic player overall. We work wonders here in Miami - we always turn average/slightly above shooters into excellent ones (i.e. Damon Jones, Mike James, Eddie House, Rafer Alston, etc.).

The only true lapse in his game happens to be a big one though, and that's decision making. From a guard standpoint, Wade makes most of the crucial decisions anyways, and Banks is young and can improve on that too..

HeHe..that re-heat is starting to come together....BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (evil laugh)

Just a reminder guys...

The MIAMI HEAT 2005-2006 NBA CHAMPIONS DVD chronicling the CHAMPIONSHIP season of the NBA CHAMPION MIAMI HEAT is coming out on tuesday. So don't forget to buy this dvd as it relives our CHAMPIONSHIP season of our NBA CHAMPION MIAMI HEAT.

It never gets old...NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I ordered the DVD back in June, does that make it a guaransheed to come this week?

Blueprint said:
If I ordered the DVD back in June, does that make it a guaransheed to come this week?

I called Rashweed and he said that there is "Not a chance in hell that blueprint gets his dvd this week."

So in other words....start planning a watch party for this week.

Section126 said:
I called Rashweed and he said that there is "Not a chance in hell that blueprint gets his dvd this week."

So in other words....start planning a watch party for this week.

:lol:

I'm going to Jamaica on Friday for about a week, so I'll watch it on the plane over & over again on my laptop...........

Everybody has to post their spy reports on the dvd...

I get mine along with the sports illustrated package...

Finally some action here.

Phoenix is reportedly offering Marcus Banks a 5-year/$22 million contract, and Miami is in the process of putting together perhaps a better offer........

I told you guys that Riley would fall in love with the kid if he picked up the videos on him. He's 24-years old and regarded as one of the league's best defenders in the game, and he's got a nice mid-range touch and the potential to improve every other aspect of his game. He's got "future PG" written all over him. I could see him in a few years playing with Dwyane Wade & Dorell Wright.

I still don't see Riley paying near the MLE for anyone this offseason, even if it's reported that he's considering it, so he'll probably be a Sun. Maybe a s&t with Minny where we can involve Doleac to avoid the luxury tax. I'd love to have Banks..

The Blueprint said:

Phoenix is reportedly offering Marcus Banks a 5-year/$22 million contract, and Miami is in the process of putting together perhaps a better offer........

I told you guys that Riley would fall in love with the kid if he picked up the videos on him. He's 24-years old and regarded as one of the league's best defenders in the game, and he's got a nice mid-range touch and the potential to improve every other aspect of his game. He's got "future PG" written all over him. I could see him in a few years playing with Dwyane Wade & Dorell Wright.

I still don't see Riley paying near the MLE for anyone this offseason, even if it's reported that he's considering it, so he'll probably be a Sun. Maybe a s&t with Minny where we can involve Doleac to avoid the luxury tax. I'd love to have Banks..

Sounds good to me. Where did you hear about the potential Miami offer?

I heard it on the radio and a friend of mine who is close to Keith Askins is usually dead on. He's the one who is always raving about Dorell Wright to me. He knows what's going on in the front office, so I believe what he tells me. He's like a young, black Drew Rosenhaus...without the clients. :lol:

All I could find on the net is this:

Arizona Republic - As the Phoenix Suns continue to search for a backup point guard to play behind MVP Steve Nash, their latest quest may lead them to Minnesota free agent Marcus Banks.

It would take a large chunk of Phoenix's $5.2 million midlevel exception to close the deal but probably would not be far removed from the $3.7 million salary that John Salmons turned down Thursday, according to the Arizona Republic.

Banks attracted initial interest from the Los Angeles Lakers until they signed Vladimir Radmanovic, Minnesota until it signed Mike James and Atlanta until it signed Speedy Claxton. Cleveland's interest also has cooled, leaving the Suns to duel with Houston and Miami. The Rockets also have all of their midlevel exception remaining.

hey, quick question... how long is that Sports Illustrated offer for all the free Heat Championship stuff going on?

The Blueprint said:

I've wanted Banks ever since you told me he was a FA. I'd be more than willing to send Derek Anderson or Doleac to the T-Wolves for his services.

Caps said:
I've wanted Banks ever since you told me he was a FA. I'd be more than willing to send Derek Anderson or Doleac to the T-Wolves for his services.
No doubt.

I think he'd be better here than anywhere else. His top weaknesses = what we teach the best here, and his biggest strength is Pat Riley's favorite attribute. The weaknesses being outside shooting & decision making; the strength being defensive ability. Seriously, we turn average outside shooters into guys who nail 100+ three pointers per season at a fairly high percentage. I think Miami is the best situation for Banks, and Banks would be the best addition available for Miami..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom