The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 100 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

Dodgers look horrible.

Mets pitching problems might not be an issue till the World Series.

Glavine was huge

The unknown MVP for the Mets, Chavez came up big again.

That kid has gotten so many big hits this year! I know he is not the Mets MVP, but he has won many a game this year.

Lets lock it up on sat!!! I don't want to see Perez pitch!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Glavine was huge

That kid has gotten so many big hits this year! I know he is not the Mets MVP, but he has won many a game this year.

Im not sure who im more scared of watching, perez or trashel.

But i agree with you on Endy. hes played very well and probably played himself into a multi year deal as a top reserve OF. Should be interesting with the way hes playing and green being signed if green gets moved or milledge because im curious to see if the mets use milledge to alleviate some of their pitching woes next year. After Zito/Petitte/Moose/schmidt the fa pitching market gets scare and none except zito are young enough that you really want to give a 4-5 year deal to them.

I have to give the Mets A LOT of credit. I thought that with Pedro and Duque out the Dodgers would win this series but the Mets are making them look silly.

god i love the way this team plays... and yes endy chavez is a pimp in sheeps clothing!

MikeO said:
Dodgers look horrible.

Mets pitching problems might not be an issue till the World Series.
So the Mets chances at the NL and the World Series are not over??????. I could have sworn you threw the dirt on them after pedros injury. Guess they still have some entertaining to do before the experts tell us they are done:shakeno: :shakeno:

Boik14 said:
Im not sure who im more scared of watching, perez or trashel.

But i agree with you on Endy. hes played very well and probably played himself into a multi year deal as a top reserve OF. Should be interesting with the way hes playing and green being signed if green gets moved or milledge because im curious to see if the mets use milledge to alleviate some of their pitching woes next year. After Zito/Petitte/Moose/schmidt the fa pitching market gets scare and none except zito are young enough that you really want to give a 4-5 year deal to them.

The only one I would touch is Zito

Petitte I like, but he has been hurt so much the past few years.
Moose is just like Track!
Schmidt while good, I just don't know about him.

I think if we get Zito and resign Glavine, then we could go with Pelfrey, Maine and Bannister and see what we get from Pedro later in the year.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
The last time I was pumped up like yesterday was 1986, I wasn't to pumped up the last time.

My kids were not even born in 86, now my 15 year old son is as nutty as I am!!:wink:

My daughter want the Mets to win, but not because of me, they hate the stuck up yankee fans in school:lol: , Its universal!
That's awsome! I'm a few years from that, but I can't wait.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Glavine was huge

Chavez has become one of my favorite Mets. He's so damn consistent. I honestly think people over look his numbers, which are solid and almost worthy of a lead off spot, because he looks 15 years old. His defense has been great, and he just executes at the plate. His swing doesn't look pretty, but it's so flat that he usally puts the bat on the ball and has the speed to make things happen.

Trax or Perez? Kind of like D-Mac or Shelton

NJFINSFAN1 said:
The only one I would touch is Zito

Petitte I like, but he has been hurt so much the past few years.
Moose is just like Track!
Schmidt while good, I just don't know about him.

I think if we get Zito and resign Glavine, then we could go with Pelfrey, Maine and Bannister and see what we get from Pedro later in the year.
I would think about petitte if we couldnt get zito or if zito's tag is too high. He brings an abundance of postseason experience and is proven. Hes not a hard thrower so his arm should be in decent health. Still id be hard pressed to want us to give him more then 2 years.

Id probably go with Perez or maybe humber over bannister. We have options there for next season.

Schmidt I wouldnt touch. A power pitcher with a declining K rate is like a power hitter with a declining home run total.

Moose, I like but hes strictly a regular season pitcher.

Where is everyone?

What a great start!!!
3 runs, every ball hit hard. Get Maddux out of there early and expose the middle relief.

When did the Dodgers turn into the Monteral Expos?

Back
Top Bottom