The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 99 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

Ray Finkle said:
He shouldn't have too when he's going up against Grady.

Good joke? Bad joke? Sorry I tried.

Anyway Met fans can be very happy after today's game. I was expecting them to roll over (especially after Nomar's big hit) but they didn't. The ball is in their hands right now.
This team will not roll over. Theyve done this all year and at the very least their fans and their manager will not let that happen. If we lose this team will go down swinging...literally.

Boik14 said:
This team will not roll over. Theyve done this all year and at the very least their fans and their manager will not let that happen. If we lose this team will go down swinging...literally.

Well I wouldn't blame them if they did. I mean losing 2 pitchers (including their ace) in a week around before the playoffs, that's almost unthinkable.

The bats slept in September, but they're back in October.
:woot:

Good thing about Maine being pulled so early, is that he could be ready after Trax if needed. I would MUCH rather him on 3 days rest than see Perez out there.

Ray Finkle said:
Well I wouldn't blame them if they did. I mean losing 2 pitchers (including their ace) in a week around before the playoffs, that's almost unthinkable.
I hear what youre saying but this is a mostly vet team. And you know how baseball is in NY, there's no way this team could have rolled over and not gotten reemed by the press and their fans and that in NY is quite probably worse then just losing.

Boik14 said:

Yeah I agree. One thing about the Mets is they've got strong leaders in that clubhouse. From Wright to Delgado to Lo Duca to Pedro, those are all character guys that will not lie down.

Pink_Dove said:
Yeah I agree. One thing about the Mets is they've got strong leaders in that clubhouse. From Wright to Delgado to Lo Duca to Pedro, those are all character guys that will not lie down.
Yeah but when you think about it most of these guys also have something to prove.
-Valentin nearly retired after his awful start and hes in a contract year.
-Reyes had to show he had more plate discipline then thought to have.
-Delgado had to show that he wasnt one of those really good players who never gets a chance to do anything in the postseason.
-Glavine and Trax had to show they werent washed up. Glavine did his part
-Endy chavez had to show he deserved to be on a major league roster.
-Cliff Floyd had to show he could overcome the loss of his sister who he was very close with. And deal with still more injuries. His achilles needs offseason surgery.
-Beltran had to show he could handle NY
-Green had to adjust to no longer being a homer threat but instead a contact singles/doubles hitter
-Wagner has to still show hes not a postseason choke artist. i believe hes not but he still has non-believers
-Maine, Ollie Perez, Feliciano, Mota, Oliver all had to show they deserved to be on a major league roster and all made valuable contributions to this season.
- Even Wright had to show he could handle the immediate success and not let it go to his head.

This list goes down to the very last guy. This team has handled adversity all year and imo will continue to do so.

great win today!!! wooo!
you east coast guys are lucky, they game started at 1 over here.... so i missed the first 3 innings. good thing the mets' best was later in the game!!!

Any predictions for today's game 2?

Im going with 7-2 Mets win.

We get to Kuo this time around. He has 1 MLB win, vs us, and it came at a time when it meant very little to us. Lefty or not its the postseason and we finally have our regulars in the lineup together for the first time in a long time. I expect us to mash. Glavine is 2-2 in MLDS with a 5.15 era with 1 win vs LAD and 2 really bad performances vs the giants in 2000 that make the era higher. I expect Reyes to be the catalyst now that hes taken some ridilin and toned it down about 12 levels. Wright should have another big game as well.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
No predictions, just going to watch and root like hell!!!
:yes: Anytime I predict something positive, it turns to crap.
Yesterday was so great! It was the first time in a month or so I've been truly excited to watch the Mets. It's just been so boring lately, plus football started.

I also forgot how pumped I get during the postseason. I couldn't sit still, I was yelling and stomping and clapping. My son thought it was funny, but our 4 month old daughter wasn't a fan.

<2 hours until first pitch :couch2:

finswin56 said:
:yes: Anytime I predict something positive, it turns to crap.
Yesterday was so great! It was the first time in a month or so I've been truly excited to watch the Mets. It's just been so boring lately, plus football started.

I also forgot how pumped I get during the postseason. I couldn't sit still, I was yelling and stomping and clapping. My son thought it was funny, but our 4 month old daughter wasn't a fan.

<2 hours until first pitch :couch2:

The last time I was pumped up like yesterday was 1986, I wasn't to pumped up the last time.

My kids were not even born in 86, now my 15 year old son is as nutty as I am!!:wink:

My daughter want the Mets to win, but not because of me, they hate the stuck up yankee fans in school:lol: , Its universal!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
The last time I was pumped up like yesterday was 1986, I wasn't to pumped up the last time.

My kids were not even born in 86, now my 15 year old son is as nutty as I am!!:wink:

My daughter want the Mets to win, but not because of me, they hate the stuck up yankee fans in school:lol: , Its universal!

Good luck Greg. The Dodgers kind of ruined it for my Phillies the last couple weeks so I want the Dodgers to get their butts kicked. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom