The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 108 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

Boik14 said:
Is it me or can wagner not pitch when its not a save situation? Game 2 edebacle, giving up runs in game 6, and stuff the 4 run lead vs the yanks happened 3-4x this year. Can this guy only pitch when its a save situation or what the heck is it?

He goes 2-0 on the first batter almost all the time.:boohoo:

Boik14 said:
Its not a question who thinks it. Its he had 6 hrs after the break and 20 before. I dont know why all of a sudden hes trying to pull everything when he has an awesome stroke to the opposite field. I have a feeling he comes alive tomarrow for game 7...the cream always rises to the top!
It's driving me nuts. His ability to go oppo with power has always reminded me of Piazza.

I had the same thought about Wright last night. Either he or Delgado will go off tonight, I can just feel it. Wright is one of the few players who will thrive in the pressure of game 7. He's one of the best 2 strike hitters in baseball, and has had several walk off hits... including one of Mariano Rivera.

I'm so jealous of you and Mixmaster Matt. Not only do you get to go to game 7, but you get to chant JOOSSSEEEE JOSE JOSE JOSE, JOSE JOOSSEE!!!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He goes 2-0 on the first batter almost all the time.:boohoo:
What's up with all of the sliders? That really has me worried. Is something wrong his fastball?

finswin56 said:
What's up with all of the sliders? That really has me worried. Is something wrong his fastball?
Notings wrong with the fastball thats why its driving me up a wall. The heater is clearly his best pitch, has always been. He just gets too cute trying to change it up and its always with 2 strikes or first pitch so he either falls behind in the count or gives the hitter new life. Really annoying.

Predicted line on Ollie Perez tonight:
6 1/3
95pitches
2er
1 BB
4 hits

Ollie is going to pitch a gem tonight. I can feel it.

Boik14 said:
I have a new chant for shawn Green. Oyyy vey oy vey oy vey....Cause damn he cannot play defense. In every game in this series except for tonight hes made a defensive play look more difficult then it really was. There was the nice play in game 2 where he saved the hr but hes got the lowest range factor in the NL of any outfielder aside from the decrepid Moises Alou and hes giving up extra bases to the cards by taking poor routes to the ball and making ill advised dives.
Wow someone else must have been watching the same games I am: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/mlb/chatter_up/2006/2006/10/not-easy-being-green.html

"Range Factor (Put-outs plus assists/innings)
Green's 1.77 rating ranks last among right fielders who played at least 700 innings this season. Washington's Austin Kearns was first (2.59).

Zone Rating (percentage of balls fielded by a player in his typical defensive "zone")
Green's .848 ranks only ahead of Colorado's Brad Hawpe (.835) among right fielders with at least 700 innings. Juan Encarnacion was the leader at .912.

Defensive Win Shares
Green ranks 50th among NL outfielders at 1.9, just ahead of the barely ambulatory Moises Alou. "

Boik14 said:
Wow someone else must have been watching the same games I am: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/mlb/chatter_up/2006/2006/10/not-easy-being-green.html

"Range Factor (Put-outs plus assists/innings)
Green's 1.77 rating ranks last among right fielders who played at least 700 innings this season. Washington's Austin Kearns was first (2.59).

Zone Rating (percentage of balls fielded by a player in his typical defensive "zone")
Green's .848 ranks only ahead of Colorado's Brad Hawpe (.835) among right fielders with at least 700 innings. Juan Encarnacion was the leader at .912.

Defensive Win Shares
Green ranks 50th among NL outfielders at 1.9, just ahead of the barely ambulatory Moises Alou. "

Great article.

Series might be over now if Endy is in right and Floyd in left for all 6 games, however Endy has made some beautiful plays out in left. Who knows, one of those might have been a game saver.

But if I have to watch one more ball land in front of Shawn Green........

Eop05 said:
Great article.

Series might be over now if Endy is in right and Floyd in left for all 6 games, however Endy has made some beautiful plays out in left. Who knows, one of those might have been a game saver.

Endy Chavez is a super hero!

Eop05 said:
Great article.

Lastings should have been on the roster over Anderson Hernadez.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Lastings should have been on the roster over Anderson Hernadez.
you got that right! I'm still in awe over that move.

I think that's a classic case of overcoaching. Bringing a guy up for defensive reasons?! When Valentin is a switch hitting sure-handed fielder! Where's the logic?

AH can't hit for his life! However we have a Gimp in left field who Willie HAD to know was gonna get hurt or not be healthy for 7 games (Floyd), another brain-dead fielder in right (Green), and the only option off the bench is Chavez.

Woodward should've been the Infield defensive replacement if need be, and Milledge should've been the other option in the outfield.

I can't believe Willie didn't see this

And last but not least. Is it me, or do you only trust Julio Franco coming up with 2 outs? I don't even trust him then, but at least he's not an automatic Double Play with 2 outs and runner on first.

When Julio comes up with a man on first or first and second or the bases juiced with one out or less, I just can't watch. It's like Double Play city

Off to the game fellas...I can guarantee the Loge behind home plate will be really LOUD!

The lucky D Wright jersey is in effect.

LETS GO METS!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom