The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 92 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

MikeO said:
1) Most of those guys haven't been there before (Wright, Reyes, Wagner...etc)

2) This team was predicted to finish 3rd or so in that divison. You gotta party it up.

3) The Mets will use SEPTEMBER CALL UPs to their full advantage. Pedro will throw his 4 innings from here on out. Wright, Beltran, Delgado, and Reyes won't go past 6 innings in most games. With a lot of off days inbetween

If they remember 1988, they won't do this.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
At least their going to the playoffs!

I don't see what's so wrong with my post about Pedro. He's a huge question mark and his health is being talked about all over. In my opinion if Pedro isn't healthy the Mets won't go far because I don't know if they can be able to count on Glavine (due to his health) or Maine/Traschel in a big spot.

My post wasn't suppose to be a shot at the Mets or a downer to the Met fans (depending on how the Dodgers do, I might be on the Met bandwagon this October for a few weeks due to Pedro, Wright and Reyes). I was simply responding to Rocky Raccoon's post about him having the Mets and ChiSox in the WS.

Plus shouldn't you be busy googling pictures of Gary Sheffield to post when he returns?

Ray Finkle said:
I don't see what's so wrong with my post about Pedro. He's a huge question mark and his health is being talked about all over. In my opinion if Pedro isn't healthy the Mets won't go far because I don't know if they can be able to count on Glavine (due to his health) or Maine/Traschel in a big spot.

My post wasn't suppose to be a shot at the Mets or a downer to the Met fans (depending on how the Dodgers do, I might be on the Met bandwagon this October for a few weeks due to Pedro, Wright and Reyes). I was simply responding to Rocky Raccoon's post about him having the Mets and ChiSox in the WS.

Plus shouldn't you be busy googling pictures of Gary Sheffield to post when he returns?

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

MikeO said:
1) Most of those guys haven't been there before (Wright, Reyes, Delgado,Wagner...etc)

2) This team was predicted to finish 3rd or so in that divison. You gotta party it up.

3) The Mets will use SEPTEMBER CALL UPs to their full advantage. Pedro will throw his 4 innings from here on out. Wright, Beltran, Delgado, and Reyes won't go past 6 innings in most games. With a lot of off days inbetween
Wagner was there quite a few times with houston but got knocked out by atl every time. For whatever reason the braves had wagners digits in the postseason but vs everyone else he was fine.

Delgado and Shawn Green were also up with the Blue Jays when they took the division in 1993.

If you look at the roster, the majority of the Mets players have been to the playoffs before.

Ray Finkle said:
Delgado and Shawn Green were also up with the Blue Jays when they took the division in 1993.

If you look at the roster, the majority of the Mets players have been to the playoffs before.

13 years ago........:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Ray Finkle said:
Yes that's true and your is point being.......?

that they were allowed to party it up big time. And not act like they have "been there before"

When its 13 years inbetween celebrations, you can go all out!!!!!!!

Ray Finkle said:

C'mon dog, you know better then to make jokes that aren't funny. Anyways on a serious note, I laugh at you. You came into the Mets thread last night to mention that they basically aren't going to win the playoffs if Pedro isn't himself while every fan with class came in here to congratulate them on a great season in which they led the division wire to wire. If the Mets don't go anywhere in the playoffs so be it but here you were last night trying to be negative on a night when it's unneccasry. The Mets earned their celebration last night and whatever happens tomorrow or in the playoffs didn't mean anything last night, last night was the celebration of them getting there. With Atlanta dominating that division the way they have, last night was sigh of relief and a Finally feeling for the Mets. It's funny how you always question MikeO's class but he was one of the first to come in here and congratulate the Mets on a GREAT SEASON (Which it has been). It was harder for him to do being that he's a Yankees fans and there's no love lost between the 2 teams or fans, but he was right here front and center congratulating them while you didn't even mention anything. At the end of the day, STOP HATIN. THE RED SOX ARE GARBAGE THIS YEAR, get over it. By the way, I yahoo my pictues of Yankees players for your information!

good to see the bench boys get the job done tonite!!!

MikeO said:
that they were allowed to party it up big time. And not act like they have "been there before"

And I never said they shouldn't.

MikeO said:

It's 18 years btw div titles but again they were a WS team just 6 years ago. the celebration was a little too much.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
C'mon dog, you know better then to make jokes that aren't funny. Anyways on a serious note, I laugh at you. You came into the Mets thread last night to mention that they basically aren't going to win the playoffs if Pedro isn't himself while every fan with class came in here to congratulate them on a great season in which they led the division wire to wire. If the Mets don't go anywhere in the playoffs so be it but here you were last night trying to be negative on a night when it's unneccasry. The Mets earned their celebration last night and whatever happens tomorrow or in the playoffs didn't mean anything last night, last night was the celebration of them getting there. With Atlanta dominating that division the way they have, last night was sigh of relief and a Finally feeling for the Mets. It's funny how you always question MikeO's class but he was one of the first to come in here and congratulate the Mets on a GREAT SEASON (Which it has been). It was harder for him to do being that he's a Yankees fans and there's no love lost between the 2 teams or fans, but he was right here front and center congratulating them while you didn't even mention anything. At the end of the day, STOP HATIN. THE RED SOX ARE GARBAGE THIS YEAR, get over it. By the way, I yahoo my pictues of Yankees players for your information!

Oh please get real. No Met fan had any objection to what I said so why should you? The rest of this post is utter nonsense. Yes let's bring up that the Red Sox are garbage when no one mentioned them but you. And how am I hating when I said that I'd root for the Mets depending on what the Dodgers do?

I've posted in this thread tons of times and never had a problem with anyone here and in fact are friends with a lot of Met fans.

Anyway I didn't see a post where you congratulated them, so therefore it just blows your point, if he had one out of the water. Let's give the Met fans their thread back and feel free to PM me if you have anymore problems or suggestions to me.

Hey, we won with the AAA lineup last night! A Hern, Tucker, and Milledge all hitting?

Back
Top Bottom