The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 93 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

Ray Finkle said:
Oh please get real. No Met fan had any objection to what I said so why should you? The rest of this post is utter nonsense. Yes let's bring up that the Red Sox are garbage when no one mentioned them but you. And how am I hating when I said that I'd root for the Mets depending on what the Dodgers do?

I've posted in this thread tons of times and never had a problem with anyone here and in fact are friends with a lot of Met fans.

Anyway I didn't see a post where you congratulated them, so therefore it just blows your point, if he had one out of the water. Let's give the Met fans their thread back and feel free to PM me if you have anymore problems or suggestions to me.

I was going to come in here and congratulate them until I saw a hater like you try to rain on their parade. Right now, let the Mets enjoy their division title. Let them worry about Pedro and the playoffs when THE PLAYOFFS START. Alright I'm done, Mets fans, your thread is all yours again!

finswin56 said:
Hey, we won with the AAA lineup last night! A Hern, Tucker, and Milledge all hitting?

the minor leaguers will get a lot of work these next 2 weeks or so

MikeO said:
No doubt. I just hope it becomes a positive experience for them and the club.

Jose Reyes is going to be only the 2nd player in MLB history to hit...... 20 home runs, 20 triples, 20 doubles, and have 20 stolen bases

The other Willy Mays.

Ray Finkle said:
Delgado and Shawn Green were also up with the Blue Jays when they took the division in 1993.

If you look at the roster, the majority of the Mets players have been to the playoffs before.
Yeah but delgado and green werent on the postseason roster. Green was on the 01 dodgers for their NLDS appearance but delgado has the longest streak of games without a playoff appearance

Boik14 said:
Yeah but delgado and green werent on the postseason roster. Green was on the 01 dodgers for their NLDS appearance but delgado has the longest streak of games without a playoff appearance

Oh I know. The only reason why I mentioned them was because I was listening to the Met/Pirate game on the radio Friday night and they were talking about guys that have been in the post season before and mentioned Delgado and Green with the Jays.

MikeO said:

Randolph has already said that is not the case, he will give guys a night off here and there, but wants the starters sharp.

so i went to the game last night and all i can say is we sould get dontrelle ruth. 2 hrs......

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Mark my word, he will be a Met next year!:wink:

White Sox are already on his tail. They are willing to give up almost anything according to reports

MikeO said:
White Sox are already on his tail. They are willing to give up almost anything according to reports

I would like to see these reports. Dontrelle, I don't think will be a White Sox next year.

The Mets covet Dontrelle Willis for many reasons  his age, his talent, his service time  but, as highlighted last night, also because they would not have to continue watching Willis almost single-handedly defeat them. It is conceivable that the Mets and Marlins will talk this winter, but the Marlins are under no pressure to surrender Willis.
-- New York Times

So I knew there was a reason my parents had a sister 23 years ago...came through with game 3 mets tix for her bro. Oh its nice. Its really nice...even if the seats are upper mezzanine which in shea basically equates to not seeing a thing but hey, cant complain right? :woot:

Ill be one of the many covered head to toe in mets gear.

Don't look now, but the team that scares me the most in a short series is on a tear. Houston's pitching could be lethal in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom