The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 90 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

AirMarino83 said:
oliver perez! 10Ks in the first 4. only lasted 5 innings and gave up 4, but i was impressed. he shows promise. if he can turn out to be somebody/anybody that wasnt like his recent pirate days, then i think he more than compensates for loosing nady. i know a lot on here miss having what nady brings vs. shawn green, but i think well be fine in the outfield. what do you guys think?
Perez needs to stop trying to sling the fastball past everyone. It looked ok but hes still susceptible to a few too many meatballs over the plate it seems. He needs to continue to work on controling his breaking pitches and maybe in a year or two we might have something really good.

As far as Nady/Green, I liked Nady but I can live with Green as long as they keep working with him on getting away from being a line drive hitter and working him back into his form he had in LA. Back in , during his 49hr season with the Dodgers he had a routine similar to nomar where he would tap his left foot for timing and at some point he got away from that. i know Rick Down has been working wth him on putting that back in play and I think the results could be very beneficial if he can regain his power stroke even if I dont expect it to be the kind of power stroke that hits 49 hrs.

Alex44 said:
If he was struggling with his pitches Id agree with you, but he was breezing through.
Still its almost protocol that you dont keep having a pitcher start and stop constantly because, speaking from experience thats how you get tendonitis in your throwing arm.

Alex44 said:
If he was struggling with his pitches Id agree with you, but he was breezing through.

When you have a young pitcher, you just don't do it. I have been a pitcher all my life, still pitch to this day. I coach HS and Travel baseball. When a pitcher warms up for a start and then it rains, its 50/50 depending on the time of the delay if that guy still starts (Depends on age etc...) and if he starts you have to rememeber he warmed up just before the start time (and its not just tossing, its throwing hard) and then he stopped for a long period of time and had to do the whole thing again, it really takes a toll on you. It was a no brainer move by Giraldi!!

BYE BYE MARLINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy I hope they don't win in the bottom of the 11th after saying this!

Just chiming in as another Mets fan.

I didn't read all 51 pages, but hopefully the Mets started a trend (knocking off long-time division winners) that the Dolphins will continue.

StormSurge said:
Just chiming in as another Mets fan.

I didn't read all 51 pages, but hopefully the Mets started a trend (knocking off long-time division winners) that the Dolphins will continue.
Welcome! I hope the mets and phins start the trend you mentioned but add one more to it...catching up to the NYY's record number of titles. we've got some work to do but we've got the groundwork laid for a real strong run over the next few years to make up some ground. :D

welcome back... welcome back... welcome back!
pedro to pitch tomarrow!!! sweet!

CONGRATS to the Mets on the verge of clinching the division title in just a few hours. They deserve it and have had a wonderful season.

See you in October, game 1 in the Bronx!

MikeO said:
CONGRATS to the Mets on the verge of clinching the division title in just a few hours. They deserve it and have had a wonderful season.

classy post lets hope youre rght. And that the mets take down the yanks in oct. :wink:

MikeO said:

Congrats....almost there. :wink:

Woo hoo!!!

clear.gif

Apparently, they just wanted to build up a little drama.

19 VERY long years.

Someone let me know when the post season starts. I have so much trouble focusing on baseball at this time of year.

Congratulations to the BEST team in the National league from start to finish!

Back
Top Bottom