The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 89 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

I just got home from the game today, and let me tell you that team is looking sharp. Shawn Green had some very nice catches, and Reyes would have had another triple if the ball didn't bounce over the wall. El Duque pitched a nice game, and Wright was on. Good game all around.

Phins28 said:
No way Nostradamus, Yanks over Mets in 7.
Speaking of Nostradamus you got the teams right and the outcome wrong. Mets over Yanks in 5. Thats right, I said 5.

Alex44 said:
Hey you think you could just like lose the next 3 games on purpose?
Let me go ask Willie.

Me: "Hey willie,someone I post with on a Dolphins message board, we'll call him alex44, wanted to know if we could lose the next 3 on purpose?"
WR: "Sure if they give us D Train for Steve Trachsel after the series is over?"
Me: "Great, Ill let alex know"

So there ya have it straight from the man. :D

Boik14 said:
Let me go ask Willie.

Me: "Hey willie,someone I post with on a Dolphins message board, we'll call him alex44, wanted to know if we could lose the next 3 on purpose?"
WR: "Sure if they give us D Train for Steve Trachsel after the series is over?"
Me: "Great, Ill let alex know"

So there ya have it straight from the man. :D
shoot i didnt think anyone would take that request literally. :confused:

Boik14 said:
shoot i didnt think anyone would take that request literally. :confused:

I was about to say to make sure he knows I was just kidding :lol:

Actually tell him after the series :tongue:

Nice year Met's fans. If you do make it to the Series, please beat the Yankees for me. :wink:

nice comeback win over the marlins tonight, although the fish's bullpen really let down the starter. Magic # is 3 even though it doesn't really matter.

mixmaster_matt said:
nice comeback win over the marlins tonight, although the fish's bullpen really let down the starter. Magic # is 3 even though it doesn't really matter.
During the game they flashed a great stat; marlins pen era has a 6.32 era when josh johnson starts. That kid and his sub 3 era deserve a lot better. But good teams take advantage of other teams deficiencies.

mixmaster_matt said:

Girardi let down Josh

Why do you pull the guy after 5 innings when he is dominating and showing no effect of the rain delays? Especially on such a low pitch count.

oliver perez! 10Ks in the first 4. only lasted 5 innings and gave up 4, but i was impressed. he shows promise. if he can turn out to be somebody/anybody that wasnt like his recent pirate days, then i think he more than compensates for loosing nady. i know a lot on here miss having what nady brings vs. shawn green, but i think well be fine in the outfield. what do you guys think?

Alex44 said:
Girardi let down Josh

Why do you pull the guy after 5 innings when he is dominating and showing no effect of the rain delays? Especially on such a low pitch count.

Because he had to warmup twice (1 for normal start, 1 after rain delay) to get ready for the game, those pitches, even though warmups, take a toll on you.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Because he had to warmup twice (1 for normal start, 1 after rain delay) to get ready for the game, those pitches, even though warmups, take a toll on you.

If he was struggling with his pitches Id agree with you, but he was breezing through.

Back
Top Bottom