The Official 2007 Gold Cup Thread | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Gold Cup Thread

US wins!!!!!!!!!!

One reason this Gold Cup is important is we get to go to the Confed Cup and it's very important in WC seeding. So, I'm glad we won.

Beasley and Ching both missed shots that could've sealed it for us...ahhh

Usa Usa Usa
On another note mexico is certainly on their way up.

Not sure.. Mexico has been at approximately the same level for 3 decades or so (compared to the rest of the world that is) with only minor ups and downs.

They have a nice new generation, but it's not necessarily better than some previous generations.

Note they are infamous for getting to the second round of the WC but not beyond (except at home). So, the level is quite consistent.

The US on the other hand is going to shoot past Mexico, though it will take the next generation to do so. This generation is good, but we don't have enough individual great players (one could argue we have none, except at goalkeeper). However, the US I think plays much better as a team.

Also, one thing for the US compared to past US teams is we are doing more one-touch passes than before. Even 4 years ago, we couldn't really do that, slowing our pace.

Not sure.. Mexico has been at approximately the same level for 3 decades or so (compared to the rest of the world that is) with only minor ups and downs.

They have a nice new generation, but it's not necessarily better than some previous generations.

Note they are infamous for getting to the second round of the WC but not beyond (except at home). So, the level is quite consistent.

The US on the other hand is going to shoot past Mexico, though it will take the next generation to do so. This generation is good, but we don't have enough individual great players (one could argue we have none, except at goalkeeper). However, the US I think plays much better as a team.

Also, one thing for the US compared to past US teams is we are doing more one-touch passes than before. Even 4 years ago, we couldn't really do that, slowing our pace.

We shall have to see how their new coach does with them. Looking at their roster they have alot of players playing overseas in the leagues over there, and I believe they are also pretty young.

Oh, what the announcers said about this ref being the best in N. America really is true. That's the way games should be ref-fed. He was very consistent, which is what matters.

Back
Top Bottom