The Official American League West Thread!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official American League West Thread!!!

hell of a game pitched by Joe Blanton last night.

As a Mariners fan (yes I'm a Mets AND a Mariners fan) I'd like to see some more offense from the middle of the order.

culpepper2chambers said:
what was wrong with hernandez last nite?

he pitched fine....just no offense. I tip my hat to Blanton though, that was a hell of a pitching performance.

AL West - great division. Every team is good enough to at least go .500. I would expect this season's AL wild card comes from there. For what it's worth, I think the Angels and A's make the playoffs, and aren't separated by more than 3 games.

Rocky Raccoon said:
hell of a game pitched by Joe Blanton last night.

As a Mariners fan (yes I'm a Mets AND a Mariners fan) I'd like to see some more offense from the middle of the order.

Joe was ON last night. I really like the fact that he has become a fast worker. Last year he was very deliberate but last night he was getting the ball, looking in and throwing...

His overhand curve was stellar and his location was dead on all night.

After the spring he had this was a VERY good sign. If he pitches like that for the first month Macha can't justify skipping him (because he is the #5 guy).

If Loaiza does'nt show something in the next, say 5 starts, he'll get bumped to #5 or to the bullpen and Saarloos could take his #5 spot away.

Great bounce back effort by Barry Zito tonight. He was throwing a lot of change ups tonight which is something I really like to see from him. His fastball is below average (85-89 MPH) so he needs to keep opponents off guard with his change to set them up for the yacker.

Another thing I noticed that Barry, like Blanton last night, was working fast. I'm trying to find some articles from the offseason that discuss whether this was something Curt Young was trying to get all the starters to do this season.

Rich Harden goes tomorrow.

The thing about Oakland is Chavez isn't in his typical Oakland slump which is good.

But Dan Johnson is 0-17 or something and Swisher has about 10 strikeouts already. The A's NEED those two to play at a high level if they expect to go anywhere this year.

Back
Top Bottom