The Official American League West Thread!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official American League West Thread!!!

MikeO said:
The thing about Oakland is Chavez isn't in his typical Oakland slump which is good.

But Dan Johnson is 0-17 or something and Swisher has about 10 strikeouts already. The A's NEED those two to play at a high level if they expect to go anywhere this year.
Chavez is off to a great start, considering he hits about .150 in April and May during a typical season.

Dan Johnson is off to a TERRIBLE start. He got sat down Sunday. Of the dozen or so at-bats I've seen him have he looks super timid up there. He is waiting on everything. He's taken the A's "see some pitches, take a walk" approach way too literally.

Swish has been slumping but for a different reason. He's actually been pretty aggressive thusfar. I think he's trying to hit everything a mile. He needs to settle in and make some contact. He started REALLY slowly last year so I'm hoping he'll get out of this.

As good as the a's pitching has been I'm a little worried about the offense so far. Other then Chavvy, Scutaro and Kotsay (who is lights out right now) they are'nt hitting.

The problem I have with the A's is they can't and totally refuse to try and manufacture some runs...drives me up the damn wall at times.

It's about what I expected so far though. Great starting pitching and an offense that is hit or miss.

Wow, I got to respond to MikeO without starting an arguement. :wink:

Dan Haren was awful tonight.

Chavy continues his hot start with 2 homers.

Esteban goes tomorrow...I don't expect too much good to come from that...

Great Angel game last night, Vlad 4-4, I cant stand watching Weaver pitch though. Glad my first game of the season was a good one though :)

Glad to see the A's still get the **** kicked out of them by the Twins on a regular basis...

I don't know what it is but it drvies me insane.

Joe Blanton was TERRIBLE.

Nick Swisher has snapped out of his early season slump, that is a good thing to see.

Dan Johnson is 0 for 26. :hmmm:

After a decent start they are now 5-5.

Need Zito and Harden to get them back on track Friday and Saturday because the way Dan Haren is pitching right now Sunday looks like a loss.

unifiedtheory said:
Barry Zito is getting ROCKED at home....

Is Rich Harden the only guy on this staff that can pitch?!? :tantrum:

I hope so :) Not that the Angels pitching has been any better. Colon better figure it out fast or we're in trouble

DonShula84 said:
I hope so :) Not that the Angels pitching has been any better. Colon better figure it out fast or we're in trouble
I noticed that...

Man, the A's pitching woes are bizarre actually. Every guy who has had a bad outing has had a bad inning. They are cruising along and then SPLAT!

Accept for the series in Seattle the pitching has actually been pretty awful (with the exception of Rich Harden.)

The saving grace is, it is REALLY early and the rest of the division seems to be sucking just as badly right now.

Rich better be balls out today...7-8 innings of 2 hit ball would be nice. The bullpen needs some rest (Street got rocked around a little yesterday.)

unifiedtheory said:
I noticed that...

Man, the A's pitching woes are bizarre actually. Every guy who has had a bad outing has had a bad inning. They are cruising along and then SPLAT!

Accept for the series in Seattle the pitching has actually been pretty awful (with the exception of Rich Harden.)

The saving grace is, it is REALLY early and the rest of the division seems to be sucking just as badly right now.

Rich better be balls out today...7-8 innings of 2 hit ball would be nice. The bullpen needs some rest (Street got rocked around a little yesterday.)

I hate to say this but the West is probably the weakest division in the AL,both the A's and Angels need to start beating the teams we're supposed to beat.I'm not too worried about the Halos pitching,I actually believe it's our strength.Btw I always remembered seeing the batters struggle early in the season and pitchers having the advantage,now it seems like it's the other way around.

Dan Haren goes 8 STRONG innings and then Huston Street comes in...ballgame.

Until Huston ****s the bed and the a's lose 2 or 3 at home to the Rangers. :tantrum:

Tigers coming in and they are playing well...Loaiza gets to throw some more batting practice. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom