***The Official Miami Heat Thread*** | Page 75 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official Miami Heat Thread***

Bulls or Raptors who would you rather face round 1?

Good question. We had Toronto's number for many years and Chicago always gives us trouble but with Whiteside and Wade playing lights out i like our chance against either. The question is will D. Wades body hold up. So far so good.
Man i wish we still had Bosh.

Hoping they can climb into the 6th seed. Like the chances more vs the Bulls. Bulls are only 24-14 at home this season, not that impressive of a home record.

Who will the Heat take at 10? Any news, leading candidates and such? Does it matter?

Maybe Riles will just trade that pick or selected player away to gain more in upcoming years.

Looking forward to full season of Hassan.

Who will the Heat take at 10? Any news, leading candidates and such? Does it matter?

Maybe Riles will just trade that pick or selected player away to gain more in upcoming years.

Looking forward to full season of Hassan.

If im miami I prepare for life without dwyane wade since hes pretty much assured the team he wont be back after they screwed him out of more then 6 million last year. That being the case I'd say Devin Booker is a strong possibility at 10, maybe trade up for Mario Hezonja

Small Giants: Justise Winslow, Stanley Johnson, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, and the Changing Shape of the NBA

This draft has three notable prospects of this ilk — Justise Winslow, Stanley Johnson, and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson — each with his own unique quirk to the form. In my opinion, all three deserve to be lottery picks, though it’s looking likely that only Winslow and Johnson will be. The bizarre Goldilocks porridge test of Okafor, Towns, and Kristaps Porzingis will take center stage on Thursday, but it’s this other trio that may be best equipped to take advantage of the post-Warriors NBA and make an immediate impact.

One of my life’s greatest joys is describing Justise Winslow’s game to those unfamiliar with it. I’ve done it for three years now, and it really never gets old. He is a player who has an unlimited reservoir of energy without the recklessness that often comes with it, à la MKG, as well as the ability to absorb contact on drives like Harden and LeBron’s downhill speed and power in transition. He sets a mean screen, and can throw lobs with the best of them. Have you ever marveled at the sight of Jimmy Butler taking on the challenge of defending someone much bigger, and winning the battle simply by keeping his mind and feet two steps ahead of his opponent? That’s the kind of potential Winslow has on defense, though he might be better suited for the job than Butler, considering his diamond-dense build. Will he ever develop into anything more than an adequate shooter? Probably not, but I don’t think it matters much considering how he can affect every other aspect of the game. The earliest he’s slated to go is no. 4 to the Knicks, who have several Winslow admirers in the organization. He won’t drop past no. 8 to Detroit, though the Nuggets would be crazy to pass up on the man who could be Mike Malone’s perfect soldier at no. 7.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/s...-jefferson-and-the-changing-shape-of-the-nba/

:fire::evilmod::fire:

coach K on the pick

Could Justise Winslow be the Miami Heat’s long-term replacement for Dwyane Wade?
His college coach, Mike Krzyzewski, may think so, alluding to as much to Jay Bilas, via the Miami Herald.
“In the preseason… Krzyzewski told me that Winslow was Dwyane Wade,” Bilas said. “That floored me, because Coach K is not an exaggerator with regard to players. Winslow is strong, super athletic and an attacking wing who can hit from 3-point distance in catch and shoot situations [but] has to improve three-point shooting [overall].
“Outstanding defender and can block shots in spectacular fashion at the end of a break. Excellent in transition and a great finisher. Also very good in transition as a defender. In the open floor, he’s absolutely magnificent

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/06/25/coach-k-justise-winslow-is-dwyane-wade/

Best pick since Wade. Of course that's not saying much miami usually trades their picks. But Winslow and Whiteside are a great foundation. Hopefully they keep Dragic. If wade opts in along with Deng should be a great year

Did anyone see that article when Kane from WWE said he will choke slam D-wade if he leaves Miami. :lol:

Miami Heat’s Pat Riley: We want Dwyane Wade back

By Barry Jackson:

Heat president Pat Riley said Friday he will try to do everything he can to re-sign Dwyane Wade and wants to keep together the nucleus of the team that finished last season, but that Wade hasn’t told him if he intends to opt out of his contract and become a free agent.

“We want Dwyane back; there is no doubt about that,” Riley said in his first public comments since The Miami Herald first reported that Wade and the Heat were far apart in their vision for what Wade should earn over the next three years.

“He's been here 12 years. When a player has an opportunity to be a free agent, you give him the space and the time to think about that. We love Dwyane. Dwyane is a pillar. He has been part of the root structure and foundation of this franchise for 12 years. On July 1, we'll be the first ones he'll get to talk to and we'll go from there.”

Asked if he’s concerned that Wade might not return to the Heat, Riley said: “I'm not a pessimist when it comes to that. We have a lot to offer here with all of our free agents, not just Dwyane but Goran [Dragic] and Luol [Deng]. Really, I don't think we're a 10th pick in the draft team with the kind of roster we can put together if healthy and contend in the East. I think they're aware of that. Players want to win.

“Whatever I think today is really irrelevant. I want all of them to come back. I would like to be able to make a deal with all of these players and keep the team we built last year together and we'll find that out July 1. And we'll have eight or nine days to deal with that. Before that, it's really speculation. Everybody should just chill a little bit until July 1.”

Asked if Wade feels disrespected by the Heat, Riley said: “That hasn't been expressed to us, and if it is, it would be a personal conversation with Dwyane and with [owner] Micky [Arison] or Nick [Arison] and myself if there are any of those kinds of issues.

“Everybody in this organization over the years has sacrificed and I would have to say the one player from that standpoint that has sacrificed a lot for the sake of winning has been him. We're aware of that. But I haven't heard anything [about] disrespect. We respect him. We want him back, want him here for the rest of his career. That's obvious. We will try to do everything we can do to make that happen.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article25552216.html#storylink=cpy

So reminiscent of those '02 and '03 drafts. You think there's no way Wade or Butler would fall to the Heat, then someone goes and drafts a 7 footer from europe, another a flashy point guard, and then Riley is there waiting to pick up the spoils. That man has had way too much luck as an NBA GM.

If they resign Dragic and Wade i think Miami is a clear favorite in the East. Especially if Love leaves

Back
Top Bottom